Would a LGBT community center be welc...

Would a LGBT community center be welcomed in Quakertown?

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Broomall, PA

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Please keep this clean and no hate speech.
Look Here

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Jul 21, 2012
Honestly? I doubt it.

This isn't New Hope.
southpark69

Quakertown, PA

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Look Here wrote:
Honestly? I doubt it.
This isn't New Hope.
Would have to agree with you.
USA

Broomall, PA

#4 Jul 21, 2012
We do you need your own center?
Why not focus on an alliance.
southpark69

Quakertown, PA

#5 Jul 21, 2012
A center in the Quakertown area would support the
LGBT that do live here.

And please NO snarky comments either.
Fred

Newtown Square, PA

#6 Jul 21, 2012
No.
NOt

Levittown, PA

#7 Jul 21, 2012
Just blend in. You don't need to advertise who you have sex with.
richland res

Southampton, PA

#8 Jul 21, 2012
this is my advice....i don't find qtown to be very progressive, however locals seem mostly warm, friendly, community minded...maybe if the group you are interested in starting was sponsored through a local church it would lessen the chance of any bigotted backlash..there are a lot of very conservative (southern baptist-type/literal theologies) and also a fairly conservative catholic population ....i'm not sure these groups are very embracing though i could be wrong....and yes, qtown area has a bit of (you only have to read some of these forums,lol) redneck idealogy
milford resident

Broomall, PA

#9 Jul 22, 2012
NOt wrote:
Just blend in. You don't need to advertise who you have sex with.
Agree !!!
southpark69

Quakertown, PA

#10 Jul 22, 2012
richland res wrote:
this is my advice....i don't find qtown to be very progressive, however locals seem mostly warm, friendly, community minded...maybe if the group you are interested in starting was sponsored through a local church it would lessen the chance of any bigotted backlash..there are a lot of very conservative (southern baptist-type/literal theologies) and also a fairly conservative catholic population ....i'm not sure these groups are very embracing though i could be wrong....and yes, qtown area has a bit of (you only have to read some of these forums,lol) redneck idealogy
I would have to ageee with you on that.
Joe

Ardsley, NY

#11 Jul 22, 2012
NOt wrote:
Just blend in. You don't need to advertise who you have sex with.
So just stay in the closet? People in regressive-laced communities need to be challenged. You have to get in their face and challenge their bigotry or nothing will ever change. Also use the media to bring social pressure against them. Find allies in Philly, Doylestown and New Hope.
NOt

Levittown, PA

#12 Jul 22, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So just stay in the closet? People in regressive-laced communities need to be challenged. You have to get in their face and challenge their bigotry or nothing will ever change. Also use the media to bring social pressure against them. Find allies in Philly, Doylestown and New Hope.
Nobody is saying stay in the closet,just don't shove it in everyone's face.Just because people have different beliefs than you does not make them regressive or rednecks(you are labeling them and acting like the victim). I do not want to see hetero or homosexual people making out in public. You segregate yourselves by creating separate clubs etc.Stop being so militant & blend.
Okay

Newtown Square, PA

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So just stay in the closet? People in regressive-laced communities need to be challenged. You have to get in their face and challenge their bigotry or nothing will ever change. Also use the media to bring social pressure against them. Find allies in Philly, Doylestown and New Hope.
So, you mean hold Pride parades in Quakertown with half naked people and guys in drag walking the streets?

You are obviously a morally challenged lib.
the low road

Newtown Square, PA

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So just stay in the closet? People in regressive-laced communities need to be challenged. You have to get in their face and challenge their bigotry or nothing will ever change. Also use the media to bring social pressure against them. Find allies in Philly, Doylestown and New Hope.
Bullshirt. Why do you need to put your agenda in the faces of people who simply don't share your liberal views?
Not everyone believes in your agenda. And guess what, they are entitled to that opinion in this country.
I agree with the poster who said blend in, be part of the community rather than drawing battles lines, which "challenging" inevitably does......

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#15 Jul 22, 2012
OK I'm Blending! I'm blending as fast as I can! I'm Transexual and I'm in transition. I honestly can say everyone's been great! My hearing's not so great anymore so maybe I'm just not hearing the trash talk. I just don't like people "Sirring" me. I'm far enough along in my transition that many folks do call me Ma'am. That really makes my day! Transexuals are Not Gay! I've been to a couple of PRIDE parades years ago, but I don't go anymore. Too little of interest to me. The things we want aren't of much interest to the Gay crowd and vice versa. We're not looking to change the world or challenge gay/straight perceptions. We just want to live our lives, unmolested, as the people we feel we are.
I'd welcome it a center, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do much for me. Most folks would be surprised to learn that TSes are more likely to be Gun owning, Pilots and gear heads. Any questions respectfully answered!
Regards, Terri
the low road wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshirt. Why do you need to put your agenda in the faces of people who simply don't share your liberal views?
Not everyone believes in your agenda. And guess what, they are entitled to that opinion in this country.
I agree with the poster who said blend in, be part of the community rather than drawing battles lines, which "challenging" inevitably does......
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#16 Jul 22, 2012
Back in the 60s and early 70s A gay friend of mine would walk his poodle down broad st.
He was somewhat flamboyant but no one ever bothered him!
He was often accompanied by other gay men.

It appears QT is falling behind the times...judging by the comments on here!

and FYI for u homophobics, theyre not intentionally getting in your fat ugly face...
Gays are usually artistic and creative, colorful personalities who are naturaly flamboyant...

Get over it...
Id prefer to live next to some happy flamobyant Gays then the self-righteous religious whack cases dressed in Khakis and polos! Oh and sporting boater shoes...lol
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#17 Jul 22, 2012
TerryE wrote:
OK I'm Blending! I'm blending as fast as I can! I'm Transexual and I'm in transition. I honestly can say everyone's been great! My hearing's not so great anymore so maybe I'm just not hearing the trash talk. I just don't like people "Sirring" me. I'm far enough along in my transition that many folks do call me Ma'am. That really makes my day! Transexuals are Not Gay! I've been to a couple of PRIDE parades years ago, but I don't go anymore. Too little of interest to me. The things we want aren't of much interest to the Gay crowd and vice versa. We're not looking to change the world or challenge gay/straight perceptions. We just want to live our lives, unmolested, as the people we feel we are.
I'd welcome it a center, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do much for me. Most folks would be surprised to learn that TSes are more likely to be Gun owning, Pilots and gear heads. Any questions respectfully answered!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Well hope u stay safe!
Watch yourself if u r up in Lehighton area..
A friend of mine who was transitioning asin had breast implants but their facial reconstruction wasnt complete..well she told me she was pulled over for a seatbelt check. comp saw the somewhat male looking face,male drivers license of course..but a set of DD implants...
so he notioned her to park behind some pizza shop were he began to rough her up! Not an actual beating..but pushed and shoved and told her he never wanted to see her in that area again or else!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#18 Jul 22, 2012
Yes, Years ago a lot of that kind of stuff happened! Now, Not so much as more and more people come to understand us. As I said in my post, we aren't trying to change the world, we just want to live as we are. No hiding, or lies! This is me, period. I was born with this, I've fought it and now it's won! Who in hell do I owe an apology to?
Regards, Terri
smiley wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hope u stay safe!
Watch yourself if u r up in Lehighton area..
A friend of mine who was transitioning asin had breast implants but their facial reconstruction wasnt complete..well she told me she was pulled over for a seatbelt check. comp saw the somewhat male looking face,male drivers license of course..but a set of DD implants...
so he notioned her to park behind some pizza shop were he began to rough her up! Not an actual beating..but pushed and shoved and told her he never wanted to see her in that area again or else!
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#19 Jul 23, 2012
TerryE wrote:
Yes, Years ago a lot of that kind of stuff happened! Now, Not so much as more and more people come to understand us. As I said in my post, we aren't trying to change the world, we just want to live as we are. No hiding, or lies! This is me, period. I was born with this, I've fought it and now it's won! Who in hell do I owe an apology to?
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Mmmm, I dont really believe that the hate has subsided as much as we would like to believe!
Its just that the haters are a little more cautious, sneakier(to protect themselves of course).
The incident I mentioned just took place 2 yrs ago!

then she ended up having to go to an emergency room. Of course her medical history exposed her history of her transition(which was then completed). Well once they learned she had been a male...
they began to treat her like a 2nd class citizen! It was terrible...
I know for I was there with her!
Hershey Medical Center, they were really nice to her...at least to her face...lol.
But they seemed to really want to make her feel comfortable.
She ended up being hospitalized. While in the hospital the nurses were all curious at to see her new body!
She obliged! They were amazed!
Well now were going off topic...
just be careful, dont take your safety for granted...
and good luck with your completing your transition.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#20 Jul 23, 2012
Smiley, Also, many people are beginning to to find out that TSes are awfully competent people. Google Lynnconway.com , Donnarose.com , Donnamilo.com . Also look up AEBrain (Zoe brain) Theresa Sparks, Dr Christina McGinn Renee Richards,Dr Dana Beyer.
Lynn Conwayhad a very remarkable career as an electrical engineer. Go to her site and the part about Transexual women's successes. Zoe Brain is a rocket scientist for the Australian Govt.
Theresa Sparks was the police commissioner for the San Francisco PD Dept. Dr Christine McGinn is a former Navy pilot and flight surgeon for NASA. She was one of the team who would have gone up to a stricken astronaut in the case of an emergency. Donna Milo is a Miami Contractor, a conservative who ran against Debby Wasserman schulz. A gunowner and pilot. Let the police pull one of the caliber of TS over and give them a hard time. They would simply call Kristin Holt (Another TS lawyer) and sue the balls off them.
Regards, Terri
smiley wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm, I dont really believe that the hate has subsided as much as we would like to believe!
Its just that the haters are a little more cautious, sneakier(to protect themselves of course).
The incident I mentioned just took place 2 yrs ago!
then she ended up having to go to an emergency room. Of course her medical history exposed her history of her transition(which was then completed). Well once they learned she had been a male...
they began to treat her like a 2nd class citizen! It was terrible...
I know for I was there with her!
Hershey Medical Center, they were really nice to her...at least to her face...lol.
But they seemed to really want to make her feel comfortable.
She ended up being hospitalized. While in the hospital the nurses were all curious at to see her new body!
She obliged! They were amazed!
Well now were going off topic...
just be careful, dont take your safety for granted...
and good luck with your completing your transition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Kart Track Shelly??? (Sep '13) 7 hr Olde75 22
Nockamixon State Park (May '12) Aug 16 Concerned about o... 23
monument take down Aug 16 me 2
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) Aug 13 Just tired 221
willies plumbing (Mar '14) Aug 12 retired 19
New Gym In Quakertown Aug 11 bob 1
re max 440 (Jul '08) Aug 11 Seven 86

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages