Richland Residents Required to Pay fo...

Richland Residents Required to Pay for Recycling Again???

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RememberWhen

Quakertown, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2013
I see that Richland Twp has put through an ordinance stating that the residents will now be responsible for footing the recycling bills effective April 1st.
But, I can remember back around 1993?? when the residents were required to pay $24.00 per yr for recycling. But, because several resident did not pay, the cost was then incorporated into the property taxes. My question is: why are we now being asked to foot the bill, when it has been inflated in our municipal property taxes for the past 20+ years?
SwineSniffer

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Feb 16, 2013
RememberWhen wrote:
I see that Richland Twp has put through an ordinance stating that the residents will now be responsible for footing the recycling bills effective April 1st.
But, I can remember back around 1993?? when the residents were required to pay $24.00 per yr for recycling. But, because several resident did not pay, the cost was then incorporated into the property taxes. My question is: why are we now being asked to foot the bill, when it has been inflated in our municipal property taxes for the past 20+ years?
Because the elected officials in Richland Township are Criminals. Also, the Police Dept. is corrupt.
Garbage

Broomall, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2013
They say it's due to lack of grant money from the state.

Total BS.

How about the supervisors pay their own health insurance. That would save us $72,000 a year.
Garbage

Broomall, PA

#4 Feb 16, 2013
SwineSniffer wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the elected officials in Richland Township are Criminals. Also, the Police Dept. is corrupt.
You can't say they are criminals unless you can prove it.

However, they are slugs/parasites. Each of them has their own business and they could purchase their own insurance;

Orloff - self-employed CPA
Staats - Cici's Pizza. He's corporate, so I don't know why he isn't using the insurance from his employer instead of fleecing us.
Arnold - self-employed cleanup business. I don't know if it's still operational, since he is employed by the township.

At least Orloff and Staats should buy their own, but they are no different than career welfare slugs who know how to work the system. Orloff once let it out that he runs for election for the freebies. How nice.
Shloppy

Newtown Square, PA

#5 Feb 16, 2013
Garbage wrote:
<quoted text>You can't say they are criminals unless you can prove it.

However, they are slugs/parasites. Each of them has their own business and they could purchase their own insurance;

Orloff - self-employed CPA
Staats - Cici's Pizza. He's corporate, so I don't know why he isn't using the insurance from his employer instead of fleecing us.
Arnold - self-employed cleanup business. I don't know if it's still operational, since he is employed by the township.

At least Orloff and Staats should buy their own, but they are no different than career welfare slugs who know how to work the system. Orloff once let it out that he runs for election for the freebies. How nice.
They are criminals. Just look at RASA PARK.
Enough

Souderton, PA

#6 Feb 16, 2013
This election would be a good time to send a message to the taxpayers employees that we can't afford to waste anymore money on them or their harebrained ideas.

This election, vote Orloff out and the other two knuckleheads will fall in line. Making them pay for their/family insurance is long overdue.
Enough

Souderton, PA

#7 Feb 16, 2013
BTW, Arnold hasn't owned a thing since he's been blowing Orloff!
Lotto

Perkasie, PA

#8 Feb 17, 2013
All deals, discussions, and decision making are done in private. When they have a BOS meeting, the outcome has already been determined.
Agree

Broomall, PA

#9 Feb 17, 2013
Lotto wrote:
All deals, discussions, and decision making are done in private. When they have a BOS meeting, the outcome has already been determined.
Sunshine Law? What Sunshine Law?

Since when has that ever stopped Orloff?
GettingFleeced

Bensalem, PA

#10 Feb 17, 2013
RememberWhen wrote:
so more than likely our trash bill will increase and Richland Township will still be charging us for recycling pick-up?
SwineSniffer

Newtown Square, PA

#11 Feb 17, 2013
GettingFleeced wrote:
<quoted text>
so more than likely our trash bill will increase and Richland Township will still be charging us for recycling pick-up?
We need to group together and tell them we are not going to do it. If they threaten liens against us? We take them to court. We need to throw them out. It's gone on too long. It's only the one's who benefit through political patronage, that keep them in office.
RememberWhen

Quakertown, PA

#12 Feb 17, 2013
GettingFleeced wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct! So, what can be done about it? It's got to be unconstitutional for government to be double dipping off of the taxpayers like this? Anyone know????? Additionally, Why should a one person household with two milk jugs per wk have to pay the same for recycle collection as a family of 6 household??
resident

Broomall, PA

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Even though the Federal Grant for the recycling program expired, the township has ample surplus funds to pay for the program. There is no reason for a township of 12K residents to have a $3M surplus. It's almost criminal.
Shloppy

Newtown Square, PA

#14 Feb 17, 2013
resident wrote:
Even though the Federal Grant for the recycling program expired, the township has ample surplus funds to pay for the program. There is no reason for a township of 12K residents to have a $3M surplus. It's almost criminal.
Richland = Criminal
Curious

Broomall, PA

#15 Feb 17, 2013
Will Rick Orloff be running for Supervisor again this year?
taxed

Broomall, PA

#16 Feb 17, 2013
resident wrote:
That was brought up before the 2009 tax increase went through.

Orloff still wants to build a new township building next to the police station and the county government buildings. We need a surplus with a good bond rating to accomplish this.

Orloff is a RINO who has no qualms spending other peoples' money.
pleasenonamecall ing

Quakertown, PA

#17 Feb 17, 2013
taxed wrote:
<quoted text>
That was brought up before the 2009 tax increase went through.
Orloff still wants to build a new township building next to the police station and the county government buildings. We need a surplus with a good bond rating to accomplish this.
Orloff is a RINO who has no qualms spending other peoples' money.
That's probably correct about Orloff wanting to build a new office bldg, full-time police force and be a self-sustaining township, but, with the way our economy has declined things must be re-assessed.
Its time to put those WANTS on hold and address what our practical NEEDS are in the here and now and I say its time to put our tax money that has in the bank earning nothing.....to good use!!
pleasenonamecall ing

Quakertown, PA

#18 Feb 17, 2013
resident wrote:
The truth has never been clearer!!
pleasenonamecall ing

Quakertown, PA

#19 Feb 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
Will Rick Orloff be running for Supervisor again this year?
GOD I hope Not!!!!
pleasenonamecall ing

Quakertown, PA

#20 Feb 17, 2013
RememberWhen wrote:
Why don't they have recycling collection bins at the township and just have all of the residents bring their recycling there. Once or twice a month (depending on the amount) have it picked up and use the reserve money in the township bank accounts(hope its really still there?)to pay the bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
qcsd 2 hr UTroubleMaker 6
Tim Arnold stout Republican Thu See You Later 1
w o plus / home depot Thu Its Raining 2
Obama Tracking You By Your License Plate (Jul '13) Sep 27 Carl 23
Guitar Villa Demo / New Building? Sep 23 Not a Chipotle 2
MUSLIMS Who cares Sep 23 pissed 9
News Two charged in Quakertown burglary (Jun '12) Sep 23 HaterzgonnaHATE 5

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance