Get ready the cliff is a coming

Get ready the cliff is a coming

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
jlpw

Quakertown, PA

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Either way we are screwed. Raise taxes on the rich and watch unemployment skyrocket.Let it expire and we are all making less.

BTW
Have you checked your 401K today?

Good Job America
Nope

Broomall, PA

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Well, they made their beds. Ah, the unforeseen consequences of voting on emotion rather than reality.
jlpw

Quakertown, PA

#3 Nov 8, 2012
The thing that bothers me is that somehow, even though I too will be suffering, I will enjoy watching his supporters fall.

I am ashamed of myself for that.
Sickened

Perkasie, PA

#4 Nov 8, 2012
jlpw wrote:
Either way we are screwed. Raise taxes on the rich and watch unemployment skyrocket.Let it expire and we are all making less.
BTW
Have you checked your 401K today?
Good Job America
How can there be so many clueless voters.America is on the way down. My friends overseas see most Americans as uneducated rednecks & the American shows that represent us are Jersey Shore,Jerry springer &stupid movies by Adam Sandler & Tyler Perry. It's depressing that we have no hope for 4 more years.
miller

Broomall, PA

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Sickened wrote:
<quoted text>How can there be so many clueless voters.America is on the way down. My friends overseas see most Americans as uneducated rednecks & the American shows that represent us are Jersey Shore,Jerry springer &stupid movies by Adam Sandler & Tyler Perry. It's depressing that we have no hope for 4 more years.
Last time I checked Honey Boo Boo was a red state star.
jlpw

Quakertown, PA

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Honey Boo Boo was for Obama.
miller

Broomall, PA

#7 Nov 8, 2012
jlpw wrote:
Honey Boo Boo was for Obama.
Then good for Honey Boo Boo.

This is going to be entertaining listening you pricks moan and complain for the next four years.
jlpw

Quakertown, PA

#8 Nov 9, 2012
No picks and moans. I am preparing for the depression that is heading this way. Just a lot of head shaking, and maybe an occasional I told you so.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#9 Nov 9, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Then good for Honey Boo Boo.
This is going to be entertaining listening you pricks moan and complain for the next four years.
I won't be moaning and complaining. However, my employees might be regretting their vote for Obama a little bit. You see, what they and the other Liberals don't understand is that if Obama's tax increases on "evil" rich small business owners goes through, it will come out of THEIR bonuses, not mine. It is a tax on PROFITS and most employee bonuses are paid on profits. Smaller profits = smaller bonuses. That's a math lesson that Clinton and the other Dems never wanted to teach you. It's a hidden tax on the MIDDLE CLASS, just like the hidden taxes in Obamacare. There's no free ride, unless you're on the government dole or working for the government spending other peoples' money.

But it will be entertaining over the next four years to see how it will differ than the last four years - we've got the same clowns in the WH and Congress - with no budget, no plan to stop spending and borrowing and an utter refusal to face our dire economic situation. Who will be hurt the worst? The working middle-class voter. Ironic, isn't it?
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be moaning and complaining. However, my employees might be regretting their vote for Obama a little bit. You see, what they and the other Liberals don't understand is that if Obama's tax increases on "evil" rich small business owners goes through, it will come out of THEIR bonuses, not mine. It is a tax on PROFITS and most employee bonuses are paid on profits. Smaller profits = smaller bonuses. That's a math lesson that Clinton and the other Dems never wanted to teach you. It's a hidden tax on the MIDDLE CLASS, just like the hidden taxes in Obamacare. There's no free ride, unless you're on the government dole or working for the government spending other peoples' money.
But it will be entertaining over the next four years to see how it will differ than the last four years - we've got the same clowns in the WH and Congress - with no budget, no plan to stop spending and borrowing and an utter refusal to face our dire economic situation. Who will be hurt the worst? The working middle-class voter. Ironic, isn't it?
so when President Bush reduced the top rate you allocated bigger bonuses?
based on the reduction in taxes paid?
also the larger the bonus the greater the write off for business expenses.
miller

Broomall, PA

#11 Nov 9, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be moaning and complaining. However, my employees might be regretting their vote for Obama a little bit. You see, what they and the other Liberals don't understand is that if Obama's tax increases on "evil" rich small business owners goes through, it will come out of THEIR bonuses, not mine. It is a tax on PROFITS and most employee bonuses are paid on profits. Smaller profits = smaller bonuses. That's a math lesson that Clinton and the other Dems never wanted to teach you. It's a hidden tax on the MIDDLE CLASS, just like the hidden taxes in Obamacare. There's no free ride, unless you're on the government dole or working for the government spending other peoples' money.
But it will be entertaining over the next four years to see how it will differ than the last four years - we've got the same clowns in the WH and Congress - with no budget, no plan to stop spending and borrowing and an utter refusal to face our dire economic situation. Who will be hurt the worst? The working middle-class voter. Ironic, isn't it?
A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
Disagree

Broomall, PA

#12 Nov 9, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
Only a liberal would see math as revenge. If his profits are reduced, so are his employee's bonuses. How is that mean spirited? He's the one taking the risk as a business owner, not his emplyees.

It's obvious you don't run a business.
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#13 Nov 9, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked Honey Boo Boo was a red state star.
Yea imagine that a CHILD actually working and making more at it in 1 month than u do in a year...LOL!

You dont see her acting like a pampered little whiner.
smiley

Sunbury, PA

#14 Nov 9, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
Its a bonus not their salary!

He's not doing it as "revenge". Why would he?
Hes just telling you facts dear.

If u worked in the public sector U can get screwed there big time.
Talk to someone retired from the post office.

A friend of mine, a postmaster who came of retirement age was approached to work part time but with NO benefits...
no insurance, oh and also at quite a bit less hourly than he was making!
They were considering cutting hrs at his office when he retired.
They couldnt find anyone to work their part time hrs at a rate far less then what he was paid, so they had to hire a full time worker...

So i guess the gov is allowed to do things u liberals would consider revengeful, but when a private biz is forced to cut back their evil...
yea right!
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#15 Nov 9, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
so when President Bush reduced the top rate you allocated bigger bonuses?
based on the reduction in taxes paid?
also the larger the bonus the greater the write off for business expenses.
Profit sharing is a formula percentage, I don't allocate anything. The percentage stays the same, but the amount is lesser or greater depending on the profit AFTER taxes. I don't know what you mean by "write off". Compensation isn't a write-off, it's an expense just like payroll. Government does not give tax breaks for bonuses paid to employees. Sure I can lower my tax obligation by spending more and realizing a smaller profit, but that's not a write-off or tax deduction, like say depreciation on capital equipment. It also doesn't make too much sense the way the current tax code is structured.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#16 Nov 9, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
Unlike Obama, I didn't say anything about "revenge." My Profit-sharing program is a percentage of profits AFTER taxes. It is regulated by the IRS. By voting for Obama, the employees voted for a tax on my businesses' profits. In doing so, they essentially voted for reducing their share of their bonus if taxes are increased on small business owners like me. That's not my fault. It's obvious that you know nothing about running a business, so you don't have any room to criticize. My responsibility is keeping enough cash in the business to enable it to keep employees and pay for operating costs. If I don't have the cash available to do this, will my employees take a pay cut? Will the govt bail me out?It's not a rhetorical question - the answer is NO.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#17 Nov 10, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
so when President Bush reduced the top rate you allocated bigger bonuses?
based on the reduction in taxes paid?
also the larger the bonus the greater the write off for business expenses.
dumbar always takes a fact and runs with it to some stupid conclusion.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#18 Nov 10, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
Miller also takes a fact and turns it into a liberal talking point.
What does that have to do with Democracy. By the way we are a Republic the last time I looked.
ClockOut

United States

#19 Nov 10, 2012
miller wrote:
<quoted text>A real business leader would respect Democracy and refrain from mean-spirited revenge. But if sacrifices must be made, a real business leader would cut their own salary first before hurting their employees. It's obvious you're not a real business leader.
It's obvious that you're living in some kind of DreamWorld. That, plus you're an Idiot.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#20 Nov 10, 2012
What are you on a punishment mission? Believe me, the country is not going to get better. You'll go down with it. You sound just intelligent enough to be easily replaced by a Mexican. I hope your pension is not in the stock Market. Vaya con Dios, Chingato!
Regards, Terri
miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Then good for Honey Boo Boo.
This is going to be entertaining listening you pricks moan and complain for the next four years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staats 11 hr Good Bye 15
Elaine Powers Figure Salon... (Sep '12) Sat Judy Schmittinger 10
new dog park in quakertown somewhere (Jan '16) Aug 25 cousin Dicky 9
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... Aug 24 1abc07723 8
RTWA Tim Arnold Aug 23 Farmer 8
Old Kart Track Shelly??? (Sep '13) Aug 21 Nemeth rd 19
BCT Bucks County Transit Aug 16 Oscar 2

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages