Uninformed Voter

Kingston, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Can someone fill me in on Erin McGettigan who is running for Dave Zeiser's seat on town council? What part of town does she live and what is the strengths or weaknesses she brings to us?
Jonasia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Well, the first thing to know, Erin doesn't have a vagina. It's a very sad tale, but true.
Charles

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Judged:

Uninformed Voter wrote:
Can someone fill me in on Erin McGettigan who is running for Dave Zeiser's seat on town council? What part of town does she live and what is the strengths or weaknesses she brings to us?
Erin McGettigan is not running for Dave Zaiser's Council seat. They are running as a ticket along with John Flynn against three GOPers. McGettigan is an Independent, but will caucas with the Democrats if elected.
Machine Op

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
Erin McGettigan is not running for Dave Zaiser's Council seat. They are running as a ticket along with John Flynn against three GOPers. McGettigan is an Independent, but will caucas with the Democrats if elected.
So why should we elect her? Telling me she will line up with Dave Zaiser is losing my vote for her.

John Flynn is his own man and would be a good candidate for Zaiser's spot.
rundmc

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

Erin is a guy not a woman.
Quakertown Friend

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

Shows how educated some of these posters are.
qtown sux

Southampton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

rundmc wrote:
Erin is a guy not a woman.
yet he/she has a woman's name...transgender??
paul

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

erin is a guy, and if you know him he is a very smart young guy. maybe this is what we need here...and i would just wait to hear what he stands for...he was born, raised, schooled and still lives in quakertown. he is well liked , and he will probably live in q'town the rest of his life...
who got it right

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Is it Erin or Aaron?
Arty

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

who got it right wrote:
Is it Erin or Aaron?
Ye can't be surrrre if it's a bonnie lass or laddie 'til ya investigates the tilt in the kilt. Do ya ken, eh?
Lawrence of Quakertown

Old Forge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

qtown sux wrote:
<quoted text>
yet he/she has a woman's name...transgender??
what a first for Quakertown! A trans woman on council.
hello

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

I think someone should tell this guy that three signs in a small yard is an overkill
Dem4U

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

hello wrote:
I think someone should tell this guy that three signs in a small yard is an overkill
Does this refer to him?

If you believe in yourself and have the "fire in your belly", and the informed and willing members in your family who will support you, and the planks on your platform to back your ideas and ideals up, and the time and energy to attempt to implement them, why not 10 or 50 signs to proclaim your intent and fortitude?

You go, person I never heard of and know nothing about! Who knows if you have what it requires to be a winner who delivers? Not me.

See what a waste of time anonymous sites are? so few of us have the luxury of time...

What a waste of Topic readers' precious time!
How's that for lack of focus?
McG Supporter

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

hello wrote:
Yes, but you noticed both his sign and name didn't you?

The confusion with gender is also why the signs say Erin Patrick McGettigan.

He is registered as NPA running under the democratic ticket. Rather than assume who he is aligning himself with or what he's really about visit his website at http://www.votemcgettigan.com/ There will be plenty of activities around the community prior to election for you to meet him.
Jillylegs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Erin is cute! Is he married? Does he have a job? there is no career information on his web page.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

I would like to first and foremost thank Erin for running for Quakertown Council which needs a young and fresh look on life and the community. What we need in this town is someone who can see the "points" and or "perspectives" that I see as at 26 year old growing up in Quakertown.
Erin is an outstanding part of the community and can see the potential in this community. He is a very outgoing and kind person who has an open mind and is able to relate with anyone on any level which is hard to find now a days.
I will support and follow Erin in his start as a candidate for Quakertown Council and hope that Erin pursues this career further because this is what America needs.
ihateobama

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

I agree with you Patrick with everything you said. I grew up here in Quakertown. He was always kind, helpful, full of smiles, and a great person to live by. He was always there to help the children around him (even when he was younger). We do need someone that is younger in this community to start putting out the thoughts and concerns of a younger generation. Because we do care and we do want to be heard.He will bring that. Also, he is also there to listen and gather all of his thoughts from every person, then to make a decision in this community.
And with all of you making fun of his name.... Lets GROW THE HELL UP!!! We are not here to judge or put anyone down. We are here to find out who he is. And also what he is going to be doing for our community. And if you don't care and your just here to make stupid comments, go to the next post.
Charles

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

ihateobama wrote:
I agree with you Patrick with everything you said. I grew up here in Quakertown. He was always kind, helpful, full of smiles, and a great person to live by. He was always there to help the children around him (even when he was younger). We do need someone that is younger in this community to start putting out the thoughts and concerns of a younger generation. Because we do care and we do want to be heard.He will bring that. Also, he is also there to listen and gather all of his thoughts from every person, then to make a decision in this community.
And with all of you making fun of his name.... Lets GROW THE HELL UP!!! We are not here to judge or put anyone down. We are here to find out who he is. And also what he is going to be doing for our community. And if you don't care and your just here to make stupid comments, go to the next post.
You're not here to judge? Yet you use the moniker "I hate Obama."
rosanna

Maple Shade, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

I AGREE with patrick ERIN is a outstanding part of the community,and has a open mind, I will also support ERIN in his start,as a candidate for QUAKERTOWN COUNCIL, WE NEED NEW AND FRESH PEOPLE, HE ALSO CAN PUT AS MANY SIGN;S AS HE WANT,S ON MY PROPERTY. GON ERIN GO GO GO, IN FACT FLY.
Charles

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

I will vote for McGettigan, along with Flynn and Zaiser. The Republican-majority on Quakertown Council has proven to be anti-environmental and they refuse to modernize and clean up downtown. While I appreciate the growing Latino diversity, I must question the numerous tattoo palors, pawn shops and military recruiting centers located downtown. We need major revitilization on West Broad and Front Streets. The truck traffic is also a growing problem. I never see tractor-trailers in downtown Doylestown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 min LMFAO 51,244
Quakertown schools at impasse on new chief 30 min Taxpayer 58
It's so expensive to live life these days!! (Sep '12) 6 hr TerryE 89
Michael Hsu of Richlandtown, Richland Township 9 hr general grant 4
Where's George from the Post Office? (Aug '13) 9 hr general grant 121
Bread Tue Mr. Huge Johnson 3
Dimmig Building (Jun '13) Tue Yep You Know It 82
•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs