First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OMG

Souderton, PA

#1 Mar 28, 2013
The guy has been in the United States for 19yrs. and still can't speek English?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/new-...
OMG

Souderton, PA

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Sorry meant 'speak'.
Thirty

Perkasie, PA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
OMG wrote:
The guy has been in the United States for 19yrs. and still can't speek English?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/new-...
Where does it say that in the link you provided?
OMG

Souderton, PA

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Thirty wrote:
<quoted text>Where does it say that in the link you provided?
It was on the news last night.
Richard

Horsham, PA

#5 Mar 28, 2013
and 29K in the hole for child support......

he's a winner in more ways than one!
OMG

Souderton, PA

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Richard wrote:
and 29K in the hole for child support......
he's a winner in more ways than one!
I know right! If it were anyone else we'd be in jail.
Nomorebho

Quakertown, PA

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Welcome to America!
curious

Perkasie, PA

#8 Mar 28, 2013
you ppl need to get a LIFE...he's been a us citizen for 19 years....just jealous YOU didn't get the numbers???
diesel

Broomall, PA

#9 Mar 28, 2013
curious wrote:
you ppl need to get a LIFE...he's been a us citizen for 19 years....just jealous YOU didn't get the numbers???
Exactly the point. He's been a citizen for two decades and cannot speak our language. He actually needed a translator during the interview.
curious

Perkasie, PA

#10 Mar 28, 2013
diesel wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the point. He's been a citizen for two decades and cannot speak our language. He actually needed a translator during the interview.
so what???? he pays taxes just like you and me...it would be different if he was illegal...so what's YOUR point???
Ecjp

Perkasie, PA

#11 Mar 29, 2013
diesel wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no law that says someone must speak English. A high percentage of people in Europe speak several languages. English is one of the hardest to learn.
Carl

Souderton, PA

#12 Mar 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
so what???? he pays taxes just like you and me...it would be different if he was illegal...so what's YOUR point???
He owed $30.000 in child support before he won the lotto. I bet he owes back taxes. 19 years in the US and still can't speak English STFU!
Nomorebho

Quakertown, PA

#13 Mar 29, 2013
Maybe he's a renter and doesn't pay any taxes, ayh?
curious

Perkasie, PA

#14 Mar 29, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>He owed $30.000 in child support before he won the lotto. I bet he owes back taxes. 19 years in the US and still can't speak English STFU!
so maybe now he can "catch" up?? lol...btw nice language, because someone doesn't agree w/ you, that's how you react??? very mature
Daniel

Clementon, NJ

#15 Mar 29, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>He owed $30.000 in child support before he won the lotto. I bet he owes back taxes. 19 years in the US and still can't speak English STFU!
Saw him on the tube this morning. Sounded like English to me.
Carl

Souderton, PA

#16 Mar 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
so maybe now he can "catch" up?? lol...btw nice language, because someone doesn't agree w/ you, that's how you react??? very mature
It was an exclamation not calling you anything,I just can't believe anyone could live in any Country without speaking the main language.

To Danial: You must have heard the interpreter.
Ecjp

Perkasie, PA

#17 Mar 29, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>It was an exclamation not calling you anything,I just can't believe anyone could live in any Country without speaking the main language.
To Danial: You must have heard the interpreter.
There are many people who can speak English as a second language, but can't articulate things as well as with their native language.
diesel

Broomall, PA

#19 Mar 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My point if any; in my travels across the globe and throughout Europe, I made a conscience effort to both learn and speak numerous languages out of respect and necessity. Emphasis on respect.

No clue what taxes have to do with anything but, your panties are definitely in a bunch.
diesel

Broomall, PA

#20 Mar 29, 2013
Ecjp wrote:
<quoted text>There's no law that says someone must speak English. A high percentage of people in Europe speak several languages. English is one of the hardest to learn.
Aren't you a treasure trove of wisdom and knowledge. Many Europeans are multilingual. Don't recollect any stating English being the most difficult learn. That said, I give them an A for effort. Which is more than I can award our lottery winner.
Carl

Souderton, PA

#21 Mar 29, 2013
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
He speaks English. He's not fluent and felt more at ease with the interpreter. BTW, too bad you can't spell.
BTW, Blow me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... Nov 30 awf5002 19
Outrageous Prices for a haircut in Qtown Nov 29 Bad Cuts 12
Is God Real? (Mar '13) Nov 29 macholibre 304
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Nov 27 Its Time 147
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Nov 26 TLoch 770
Maranatha Park (Oct '06) Nov 25 Paul Delacot 25
School zone timing? Nov 25 me 10

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance