First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aimee

Allentown, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2013
We are planning on replacing our heatpump & was looking for nice advice on
brands,purchasing,service, etc. in our area.
Any helpful advice would be appriciated, please don't clog up this thread with negative energy... I'm looking to save energy :o)
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 25, 2013
I had my system replaced in 2010 and used Guaranteed HVAC out of Colmar. They did a great job on a scorching hot day. I am pretty sure the brand we went with was Amana, and included a 99 year transferable guarantee(which has been transferred to new owners). We got a 3.5 ton unit and I am pretty sure the cost was around $7000. We got a cash discount, so see if you can work that angle as well.
John Q Public

Souderton, PA

#3 Feb 25, 2013
I just recently received quotes from two companies for a heat pump.
The first one was from Maitz:

Bryant 16 SEER 2 stage/variable speed heat pump 10yr. parts/labor.$8,750

Bryant 15 SEER single stage/the rest is same.$7900

The second one was from Carney:

Trane XR-15 single stage/Aprilaire 2210 air cleaner. Same warranty as above.$7,811

All rebates included,PPL,Fed.

These are very GOOD units, I'm sure you may find cheaper but you get what you pay for so they say.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Walker Fuels in Zion Hill!
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Aimee wrote:
We are planning on replacing our heatpump & was looking for nice advice on
brands,purchasing,service, etc. in our area.
Any helpful advice would be appriciated, please don't clog up this thread with negative energy... I'm looking to save energy :o)
I deal with Quality Air. Not cheap, but the techs are very thorough, professional and honest.
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I deal with Quality Air. Not cheap, but the techs are very thorough, professional and honest.
They may do good work, but their trucks look terrible due to the fading on the outside lettering. First impressions last a while, and that's the first thing I think of with them. That makes me question their attention to detail.
Info

Broomall, PA

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Lehigh Valley Resident wrote:
<quoted text>They may do good work, but their trucks look terrible due to the fading on the outside lettering. First impressions last a while, and that's the first thing I think of with them. That makes me question their attention to detail.
I have a carpenter who drives a beat up pickup truck, but the guy does top of the line finish carpentry.

NEVER judge a book by its cover!
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a carpenter who drives a beat up pickup truck, but the guy does top of the line finish carpentry.
NEVER judge a book by its cover!
Good for you! Presentation matters to me.
Buckit

Perkasie, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Worry more about the contractor than the brand. A good contractor will recommend a good brand. We got a system installed by Aire Solutions in Sellersville. They're a small company, but did great work. Don't go with any company that has a big ad in the yellow pages. You're paying for those ads.
Shloppy

Reading, PA

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Steve Clymer... He was our tech when he worked for Carney and we still use him now that he's out on his own. Excellent.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#11 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>They may do good work, but their trucks look terrible due to the fading on the outside lettering. First impressions last a while, and that's the first thing I think of with them. That makes me question their attention to detail.
I don't remember seeing any problems with their truck's appearance. Maybe you just saw an old one from their fleet about to be retired. Nothing to do with attention to detail. That was meticulous - I watched everything they did. It was impressive and I'm a stickler about detail.
Offroad

Perkasie, PA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Shloppy wrote:
Steve Clymer... He was our tech when he worked for Carney and we still use him now that he's out on his own. Excellent.
What town is he in? Does he just go by his name, or does his company have a name?
Shloppy

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Offroad wrote:
<quoted text>What town is he in? Does he just go by his name, or does his company have a name?
Just goes by name. He's from the Q-town area.
Offroad

Perkasie, PA

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Shloppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Richland Res

Broomall, PA

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Shloppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated with him and at one time, he was married to my cousin.

Steve is a good, honest guy. I didn't know he left Carney and went out on his own. Good for him!
Richland Res

Broomall, PA

#16 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>Good for you! Presentation matters to me.
Fancy truck = costlier overhead = higher prices.
Aimee

Allentown, PA

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for the positive input, will get a few quotes.
God's blessing's
Give em a Try

Quakertown, PA

#18 Feb 26, 2013
Been pleased with all work Burkee Climate Control has done many friends that I refered them too were also always happy.
Yahoo

Royersford, PA

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Hannaberry HVAC are good people
CAT

Quakertown, PA

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Give em a Try wrote:
Been pleased with all work Burkee Climate Control has done many friends that I refered them too were also always happy.
We used Burkee and were ok with the install at first, but, follow-up is horrible and they didn't stand behind their promises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qtown School Board Tue What a World 29
Outrageous Prices for a haircut in Qtown Jul 25 Anonymous 5
Poll How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) Jul 24 me 96
Clowns running Richland Township Jul 23 Studdering tim 9
fat people shouldn't wear skinny people clothes (May '10) Jul 22 longtime resident 83
News Jonathan King of Quakertown Turns Himself In On... (Mar '09) Jul 17 white trash bags 22
Another Drug Addict!!!! (Jul '11) Jul 14 Free from q-towm 67

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages