First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Does anyone remember a motorcycle racetrack located in Quakertown? It operated in the late 70's and early 80's. I think a man named Larry Weiss owned a motorcycle shop and used to own/run/race there. There is barely any information online about the track. Some information leads me to believe it may have existed behind the farmers market. I'm mostly interested in where exactly it was located. Thanks.
local guy

Perkasie, PA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
yes there was a track behind the q-mart. it used to be a big deal back in the day . also larry's cycle still is open in richlandtown and ran by his son adam . it was just behind now the fle market is .
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Thank you. I had asked a few local "officials" and they never heard of it.
local guy

Perkasie, PA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
take my word it was there i raced there for 3 years .
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#5 Dec 20, 2012
Oh, I believe ya. I meant that these officials apparently don't know much history of Quakertown. Thanks again for confirming it.
its true

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Dec 20, 2012
There was a track located behind the Q-mart. It was extremely popular. People came from all over the region to race on the track.

I think they raced cars as well. I work with a guy who still talks about racing there in the late 70's.

He said it was awesome at the time.
QHomeowner

Quakertown, PA

#7 Dec 20, 2012
TrackHunter wrote:
Does anyone remember a motorcycle racetrack located in Quakertown? It operated in the late 70's and early 80's. I think a man named Larry Weiss owned a motorcycle shop and used to own/run/race there. There is barely any information online about the track. Some information leads me to believe it may have existed behind the farmers market. I'm mostly interested in where exactly it was located. Thanks.

Go to Memories of Quakertown thread for more info
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#8 Dec 20, 2012
The Duke had an employee that raced there.
Aimee

Allentown, PA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
We are hoping to have the historical binders open to the public for 2013, tons of local history & pics.
Please watch for our "Grand Opening" coming soon.
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#10 Dec 20, 2012
QHomeowner wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Memories of Quakertown thread for more info
Just looked there. It seems as though it ran on Sundays and some people didn't like the noise. Perhaps that is why it ended. I even emailed Q-mart and they had no clue that it existed.
JoJo

York, PA

#11 Dec 21, 2012
TrackHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just looked there. It seems as though it ran on Sundays and some people didn't like the noise. Perhaps that is why it ended. I even emailed Q-mart and they had no clue that it existed.
That's kind of strange.....since QMart was there at the time.
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#12 Dec 21, 2012
JoJo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of strange.....since QMart was there at the time.
It doesn't surprise me that whoever responded didn't know about it. They had the spelling and reading comprehension skills of a ten year old.
OH really

Quakertown, PA

#13 Dec 21, 2012
the one that owns the Qmart is NOT the original owner.
SO, he's clueless.
they also shut down the cattle sales in the back to as his wife didnt want to see the little piggies get killed. His words Not mine,
HAHA

Lansdale, PA

#14 Dec 21, 2012
TrackHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't surprise me that whoever responded didn't know about it. They had the spelling and reading comprehension skills of a ten year old.
It sounds like southpark69 finally got a job,responding to e-mails for the Q-mart.
OH really

Quakertown, PA

#15 Dec 21, 2012
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like southpark69 finally got a job,responding to e-mails for the Q-mart.
You are clueless too! Tee Hee
HAHA

Lansdale, PA

#16 Dec 21, 2012
OH really wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clueless too! Tee Hee
What,are you saying your not working for the Q-Mart? LOOSER
TrackHunter

Ephrata, PA

#17 Dec 21, 2012
It always amuses me when people spell loser wrong.
HAHA

Lansdale, PA

#18 Dec 21, 2012
TrackHunter wrote:
It always amuses me when people spell loser wrong.
Me also. southpark69 used to spell it like looser all of the time, until the people tought him how to spell.

We thought this dude Michael Hsu who he wanted to blow, would have at least tought him that.
mario andretti.

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Dec 22, 2012
TrackHunter wrote:
Main Street is the quakertown speedway. Average speed is 50mph. Onetime some people tossed cinder blocks in the street at night.
llama

Waynesfield, OH

#20 Jun 8, 2013
I raced there back in the 80's. great track. Wish I could find out who the photographer was..I lost all the racing pics from back then

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trader Joes 6 hr Qtownwoman 1
A Plus Family Dental (Jul '14) 6 hr Qtownwoman 29
Franks beer stein 6 hr Qtownwoman 3
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) 9 hr your all trolls 103
Fiddlestix Paint & Sip Thu myra 2
local raw honey on 663 (May '14) Thu just so you know 29
Is Charles Meredith the same pretentious bow ti... (Jul '11) Thu DrBobby-Riggs 18

Quakertown News Video

Quakertown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Quakertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:53 pm PST