BucksInq: Ex-cop charges Telford Borough with sexual harassment

There are 7 comments on the Sep 17, 2012, Philly.com story titled BucksInq: Ex-cop charges Telford Borough with sexual harassment. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Female officer says she was sexually harassed and intimidated for her five years on the force, including propositions by the chief, according to lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

danny boy

Souderton, PA

#1 Sep 23, 2012
I remember her, she was hot! Can't blame them. That's why they call them pigs! Right?
Info

Quakertown, PA

#2 Sep 23, 2012
danny boy wrote:
I remember her, she was hot! Can't blame them. That's why they call them pigs! Right?
For anyone to regard law enforcement, in general, with such disdain, you have to wonder if they've been on the wrong side of the law at some point to have such feelings. I am not supporting these particular officers, if the charges are legitimate, just law enforcement in general because these people put their lives on the line every day.

You are the pig.
danny boy

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>For anyone to regard law enforcement, in general, with such disdain, you have to wonder if they've been on the wrong side of the law at some point to have such feelings. I am not supporting these particular officers, if the charges are legitimate, just law enforcement in general because these people put their lives on the line every day.

You are the pig.
It was a joke
Fact

Chester Springs, PA

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
For anyone to regard law enforcement, in general, with such disdain, you have to wonder if they've been on the wrong side of the law at some point to have such feelings. I am not supporting these particular officers, if the charges are legitimate, just law enforcement in general because these people put their lives on the line every day.
You are the pig.
I love when people say that cops put their lives on the line. It's the job they CHOSE. Why are they better for it?
Carla

Lansdale, PA

#5 Sep 26, 2012
This article really caught my attention as it was on the front page of our local paper. After reading it twice, I still could not believe it. In this day and age? If in fact it is a "joke", who is laughing?

If the allegations prove to be true, I am anxious to see what happens to those involved. This type of treatment was common in the sixties before the women's movement--women were actually prevented from taking jobs traditionally held by men. They were often not hired for simple reason that they would most likely become pregnant and leave.(age and gender discrimination) This actually happened to me--the interviewer was so bold, he came right out and said it.

It is surprising to me that there are still some of these "throwbacks" out there. However, if what she is claiming is true, I would not want these officers serving in my borough. It projects a lack of respect of women and an attitude that the law does not apply to them. She deserved to be treated as an equal--no more, no less.
typical

Perkasie, PA

#6 Sep 27, 2012
This is what happens in small towns. These "cops" think they can get away with anything because it's a small town in the boonies. I live in Telford it's busy in the day but at night all you hear is crickets.

This wouldn't happen in a more populated busy area. That's why I wouldn't move somewhere really remote because you have no witnesses to catch what some of these cops do. Corruption happens more in small town police depts because they are monitored less. The eyeballs are mostly on the big police departments making sure they do things right not these rinky dink towns.
Carla

Lansdale, PA

#7 Sep 27, 2012
typical wrote:
This is what happens in small towns. These "cops" think they can get away with anything because it's a small town in the boonies. I live in Telford it's busy in the day but at night all you hear is crickets.
This wouldn't happen in a more populated busy area. That's why I wouldn't move somewhere really remote because you have no witnesses to catch what some of these cops do. Corruption happens more in small town police depts because they are monitored less. The eyeballs are mostly on the big police departments making sure they do things right not these rinky dink towns.
Thankfully, there are a few really good ones. There is one that comes to mind on that particular force whom I consider to be a real class act. We still have to remember they are allegations that need to be proven. This may be difficult to do as policemen are a tight-knit group but I do hope truth will prevail.(whatever that is) If these events happened the way she said, I wish her the best. I hope all the facts come out. Like I said, I thought this type of treatment had disappeared by the early 70's. I was subjected to rudeness too when I first began working. It was mostly comments and things like letting the door slam in my face (most of us would hold a door for anyone closely following us) and maybe supervisors messing with us, but I chose to ignore a lot of that. We weren't always given the same courtesy of instructing us, the way our male counterparts were given. Eventually, there was acceptance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quakertown Area Restaurant Review: McCoole's R... (Jul '08) 6 hr eleanor lance 308
public nuisance 6 hr eleanor lance 3
who are the stupid people who voted for obama (Sep '12) 7 hr NObama 73
Hess 11 hr local 5
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Fri ThatGirl 124
The New Quakertown Park Apr 23 MrSnark 17
Electrician? (Nov '13) Apr 22 Felicity 17
More from around the web

Quakertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]