Station Road behind Giant/Lowe's to t...

Station Road behind Giant/Lowe's to the roundabout

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

robb

Trenton, NJ

#1 Aug 13, 2010
Does anyone know what is going on with all the activity behind the Giant/Lowe's on Station Road? First they mowed all the grass, now the area is staked and they have put up temporary construction fences. Any idea?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 14, 2010
jejr wrote:
<quoted text>
its goin to be the new "crash zone" for all the idiots that cant use the circle correctly....they will just smash and flop into that parking lot....they may put a crucher there and shove them plastic crap cars into it....
You mean all those hyunai and Kia drivers who think they bought real cars? In reality,they bought some poor excuse for a car . Their are loads of those cars around. I assume that's what you mean when you refer to plastic cars....?
cars

Quakertown, PA

#4 Aug 14, 2010
gooeyduck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean all those hyunai and Kia drivers who think they bought real cars? In reality,they bought some poor excuse for a car . Their are loads of those cars around. I assume that's what you mean when you refer to plastic cars....?
Kia's are crap, there's no denying it, but Hyundai's are really good cars. You never hear anything bad about them.

As for what's going on, it was supposed to be another development a few years back for about 15 homes. I have no idea what they could be doing now since the sewer hookup moratorium hasn't been lifted.
Flagman

Rockwood, MI

#5 Aug 14, 2010
They're building somthing there. They have started a road with a curb cut and are working back with gravel.
FactsPlease

Quakertown, PA

#8 Aug 15, 2010
Flagman wrote:
They're building somthing there. They have started a road with a curb cut and are working back with gravel.
Can you say ANOTHER development. The people in the houses behind Lowe's still complain about the tractor trailer noise. This little pod should be inundated with noise.

"Where's the poo gonna go Paw"
Just The Truth

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#9 Aug 15, 2010
cars wrote:
<quoted text>
As for what's going on, it was supposed to be another development a few years back for about 15 homes. I have no idea what they could be doing now since the sewer hookup moratorium hasn't been lifted.
When they rezoned that area for the shopping center, the rest of the Leight farm was kept residential, and I believe it still is. Most of the time there's a requirement a development must be started within a certain number of years or the developer must go through the whole approval process again.

1) They could have gotten sewer hookup permits at the time and just never used them.
2) They could just be doing the prep work in anticipation of the moratorium being lifted.
3) They could be putting in a temporary holding tank.
4) They could be installing a spray irrigation system.
Just The Truth

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#12 Aug 16, 2010
jejr wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry....
5) they could be building a volcano
Quakertown is already a large extinct volcano crater.
robb

Trenton, NJ

#13 Aug 16, 2010
they moving quickly with whatever they are doing. the land is cleared, being leveled, fill moved around, etc. i'm surprised i don't see anything about this in the richland township meeting meetings or the latest newsletter.
robb

Trenton, NJ

#14 Aug 16, 2010
speaking of developments on station road, where is this going? the only place that i think of that can handle almost 24 acres is right across from spring meadow estates, but isn't that area zoned open space now? or is just a small parcel of it OS?

Developments Under Consideration
Reserve at Hidden Ponds
30 Single family, 45 Townhomes
23.8 acres located on the north side of Station Road
Neighbor

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 16, 2010
I had a chance to speak to the guy who owned that piece of land before the road was connected to 309. He bought the farm to build his dream home. He wanted to keep things rural and have a nice house. He was made to sell the land for the road..at a really low price. He got disgusted and sold the rest off-which is now being developed. I live in the development next to the road. You know-they all look the same. The ones where you guys yell out your windows. Haha. The road project did stop the water on the farmland from flowing into our backyards. I "heard" that that land was going to part of open space and a walking trail was going to put in. That was floating about when they were constructing the road. I am going to miss that field. My kids played up there, rode go-karts, climbed the one big tree that is left. I am not a "tree huger" but I did enjoy seeing the wild turkeys, Red Tailed Hawks, and other wildlife in that area. There were also some owls that you could hear at night. And the UFOs would land sometime.Just kidding.
Geology Lesson

Newtown Square, PA

#16 Aug 16, 2010
Just The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Quakertown is already a large extinct volcano crater.
Well, that would explain a lot ...
robb

Trenton, NJ

#18 Aug 18, 2010
they're working fast, whatever it is they are building.

Since: Oct 09

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 18, 2010
jejr wrote:
<quoted text>
those japs did promise to get us back for nukin them....
all these crap jap cars probably have some nuke devices inside the engines and tokoyo will deploy them all at once and we will go BANG!
Kia and Hyundai are both Korean cars made by our friends. The Jap's have never been our friends. The Duke only drives cars with American names.
Just The Truth

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#20 Aug 19, 2010
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Kia and Hyundai are both Korean cars made by our friends. The Jap's have never been our friends. The Duke only drives cars with American names.
If they put an American name on an Iranian car, would you drive it?

Would you drive a car with an American name like Tijuana?
Qt Ace

Norristown, PA

#21 Aug 19, 2010
State law is 5 years for approval of Land Developments.
Just The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>When they rezoned that area for the shopping center, the rest of the Leight farm was kept residential, and I believe it still is. Most of the time there's a requirement a development must be started within a certain number of years or the developer must go through the whole approval process again.
1) They could have gotten sewer hookup permits at the time and just never used them.
2) They could just be doing the prep work in anticipation of the moratorium being lifted.
3) They could be putting in a temporary holding tank.
4) They could be installing a spray irrigation system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Waldow? 7 hr dog rocket 4
Richland Township Water Authority letter 15 hr Your Neighbor 7
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) Thu RUKidding 165
Elaine Powers Figure Salon... (Sep '12) May 23 LOL 13
Trash May 23 Gonz 3
Poll What is the best pizza in Quakertown? (Mar '09) May 18 Daverr 65
News Quakertown amphitheater to offer Blood, Sweat &... May 18 Qtown Brown 4

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance