ILuvBucks

Encino, CA

#21 Oct 17, 2009
I'm sorry, this was the link I meant to post....

http://www.amazon.com/Bucks-County-Ghost-Stor...
John

Quakertown, PA

#22 Oct 18, 2009
ILuvBucks wrote:
Did you check out the video on YouTube?
There is a glass house up there.
As far as I've heard the only albino things
in the Quakertown area are squirrels and deer.
The "glass house" was supposedly owned by Doris Day. I don't know if it's still there, but there were iron gates that had "Que Sera Sera" on them.

She is just one of the celebrities that have lived in this area including Earnest Borgnine, Lucille Ball, and Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley.
parent

Hillside, NJ

#23 Oct 18, 2009
I grew up in Lansdale, and as a teenager in the early 70's we drove to Haycock Mt. to see these spooky things like the pyramids, the albinos, the road that if you put the car in neutral you would go backwards UP the hill (I thought is was near Lake Nockamixon), and find the house with the porch lined with rocking chairs that would rock back and forth by themselves. I live in Quakertown now and have often wondered about these "urban legend" sites we attempted to find back then and where the locations were. I know the pyramids are near the Clymer Clinic, but the rest are long lost in my teenage memories. It is fun to see these things mentioned by others 40 years later, LOL.
ILuvBucks

United States

#24 Oct 18, 2009
One of my friends went to the Cylmer Clinic
and saw the grounds, nothing spooky about the
pyramids but they are interesting. He said the
Rosencrucians are rather secretive and don't
care for trespassers.
John

Quakertown, PA

#25 Oct 18, 2009
ILuvBucks wrote:
One of my friends went to the Cylmer Clinic
and saw the grounds, nothing spooky about the
pyramids but they are interesting. He said the
Rosencrucians are rather secretive and don't
care for trespassers.
It's actually the Rosicrucians, or Order of the Rosy Cross; secretive like the Freemasons.
ILuvBucks

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Oct 18, 2009
Yeah, exactly.

“Live like no one cares”

Since: Jun 09

Quakertown

#27 Oct 23, 2009
Iblia wrote:
<quoted text>
Beth C ran ghost tours from McCoolies last year, she had some good ones. Not sure if she is doing same this year for Holloween.
Yes, I am doing Ghost Walks for Halloween, Thursdays at 8PM until November 5. email theghostbeacon@gmail.com for info/reservations.

Additionally, I have a couple of ghostly videos on youtube.
Here is one link:
salkjfd

Quakertown, PA

#28 Oct 23, 2009
parent wrote:
I grew up in Lansdale, and as a teenager in the early 70's we drove to Haycock Mt. to see these spooky things like the pyramids, the albinos, the road that if you put the car in neutral you would go backwards UP the hill (I thought is was near Lake Nockamixon), and find the house with the porch lined with rocking chairs that would rock back and forth by themselves. I live in Quakertown now and have often wondered about these "urban legend" sites we attempted to find back then and where the locations were. I know the pyramids are near the Clymer Clinic, but the rest are long lost in my teenage memories. It is fun to see these things mentioned by others 40 years later, LOL.
All this i've heard true. It's quite a popular place for highschoolers in the Quakertown Area. Most have gone and heard of Haycock Mountain/Ghost Mountain to which they go for the Albino House, The Pyramids, and The Rosicrucians'. There's many stories involved with each such as; The albino house is all glass and people have gone there and seen surgical tools and such inside, you will travel up the hills backwards, guard dogs that will attack, occultists in the woods that will kill you if you trespass, and other various frightening events on the mt.
Manny

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Oct 27, 2009
Iluvbucks...I've survived the Albino's. However, thought this was of some interest. I spoke with Mr. Grim (not sure which Mr. Grim it was, I think Harry or Gary? There are 6 or 7 in the local Haycock area)and he grew up on Old Bethlehem Road in Haycock. He's in his mid-70's I'd guess. Anyway, he said when he was growing up that many locals would only venture up to the heart of Haycock Mountain on a dare. He heard of many people that never returned and one person that was sacrificed. His father always told him that "there are ghosts on that mountain." The legend apparently started in the 30's or prior? As a kid, he was terrified. Frankly, it's not too scary up there anymore. But, maybe on a foggy, cold halloween night?
Best Thread in Months

West Chester, PA

#30 Oct 27, 2009
First, I'd like to say this is the most refreshing thread on this blog. Thank You

Gallows Hill is in this area. One can only wonder what tortured souls wonder the region!!
Bucks County Local

Virginia Beach, VA

#31 Oct 27, 2009
The original Lassie is buried on Ghost Mountain,(AKA Rieglesville, PA) The owner of Lassie built a glass house up there and legend has it the Albinos guard the house over night. The mountain that you can put your car in neutral and coast up it is in Buckingham, called Gravity hill. Story is a school bus full of kids drove off the mountain and there were no survivors. I grew up visiting a lot of so called "haunted" places all over Bucks County.
PAcheryl

Sellersville, PA

#32 Oct 27, 2009
Best Thread in Months wrote:
First, I'd like to say this is the most refreshing thread on this blog. Thank You
Gallows Hill is in this area. One can only wonder what tortured souls wonder the region!!
Hey your welcome, I am amazed how many post came from starting this thread... It renewed my interest in the the Quakertown Forum...

Wish others would post some old fun stuff about Quakertown from the past, possibly stuff like Smittys Drive-In... The old Drive-In Movies; where my parents use to take me in my Pj's, when I was little in my Dad's convertible... Myers Restaurant, etc...
ZeroG

Trenton, NJ

#33 Oct 27, 2009
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story...

Here is your "gravity" hill story. I should say stories. The optical illusion can be found all over the country.
NotZ

Quakertown, PA

#34 Oct 27, 2009
PAcheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey your welcome, I am amazed how many post came from starting this thread... It renewed my interest in the the Quakertown Forum...
Wish others would post some old fun stuff about Quakertown from the past, possibly stuff like Smittys Drive-In... The old Drive-In Movies; where my parents use to take me in my Pj's, when I was little in my Dad's convertible... Myers Restaurant, etc...
I have a nice aerial slide from circa 1965 of 309 in Qtown showing the Plaza Shopping Center (long before Leh's was there) and the drive-in across the street. As soon as I get a slide scanner, I'll post it, along with other shots of Qtown from that era...including the Blizzard of 66, showing snow piled up to the bottom of the Sweetheart Shoppe sign!
ILuvBucks

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Oct 27, 2009
Riegelsville is chock full of ghosts.
I can't remember where I first heard about it,
I think it was a cable TV show about ghosts
where the town was mentioned. Then I looked
it up on the 'Net and found out that ghostly
Riegelsville has a websites, and someone
wrote two books on the subject. Check it out:

http://www.ghostsintheville.com/
Fiona

Sellersville, PA

#36 Oct 27, 2009
John wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually the Rosicrucians, or Order of the Rosy Cross; secretive like the Freemasons.
The Clymer Clinic was owned by Dr Rueben Clymer and is part of my husbands family. Nothing secretive about him or the grounds.

http://www.soul.org/RS-Clymer.html
PAcheryl

Sellersville, PA

#37 Oct 27, 2009
NotZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nice aerial slide from circa 1965 of 309 in Qtown showing the Plaza Shopping Center (long before Leh's was there) and the drive-in across the street. As soon as I get a slide scanner, I'll post it, along with other shots of Qtown from that era...including the Blizzard of 66, showing snow piled up to the bottom of the Sweetheart Shoppe sign!
That would be great to see!!! My Mom use to work at Grants and Woolworth use to have a really lunch counter. Way before there was anything where the Boston Market is, we use to skateboard down that hill going towards The Pub. That is in between getting chased by the Quakertown boys in blue. Those were the days. Lol... Refresh my memory, where was The Sweetheart Shoppe???
please do

Quakertown, PA

#38 Oct 27, 2009
NotZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post those pics. I would love to see them.
Libby

Quakertown, PA

#39 Oct 27, 2009
Here's the deal on Gallows Hill. Halfway along Gallows Hill Road is a small church and there was a horrific fight between the colonists and the local indians. All the lost souls are buried there (the indians in unmarked mass graves, the colonists in the church's graveyard.) Apparently the indians did not like their afterlife treatment and haunt the hill.

I have also been to the top of Haycock Mountain - many times. It's really cool. Huge boulders (left over from the last retreating glaciers of the ice age, same as Ringing Rocks or Stoney Garden (on Stoney Garden Road.) The boulders are tumbled over and on each other creating caves and the locals have spray painted them in a very indian painting I was here way. In the winter (with no leaves on the trees)there is a terrific view of the lake.

The hubby said the glass house was on Roundhouse Road. Remembers the scary riding past dares and jaunts to that haunt. But some other local whit said it was on Coon Hallow Road and is only glass on one side. It was a converta barn or something.

Anyone else got any cool halloween stories for us? I'm loving this.
Bucks County Local

Virginia Beach, VA

#40 Oct 27, 2009
There's also a bridge called crybaby bridge off aquetong road in Buckingham I think. If you drive into the covered bridge, turn your car off and flash your lights 3 times, some crazy things start happening. I remember being there with a friend who just washed his car, and there were fresh finger prints that ran down the side of the car after we left the bridge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giant supermarket self checkout? (Jan '14) 17 hr tae 28
Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Pennsylvania Sh... Sat Ho J Simpson 7
Brew pub in Dimmig Building (May '14) Fri ITS STEP ONE 49
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Fri b9 b9 b9 b9 121
A Plus Family Dental Dec 17 Question 20
Electrician? (Nov '13) Dec 17 Courtney Galler 12
10 Things to Know for Tuesday Dec 17 Bring Back Beady 1

Quakertown News Video

Quakertown Dating
Find my Match