Next Last
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#1 Jul 1, 2014
Paul Stepanoff violated the School Board Code of Conduct:

011. BOARD GOVERNANCE STANDARDS/CODE OF CONDUCT

Section 2. Code Of Conduct For School Board Members

b. Accordingly:

6. We will not use our positions as School Directors to benefit ourselves or any individual or agency.

At the January 9th School Board meeting:

f. Engineer–Boucher and James
Motion: Dwight Anderson
Second: Chuck Shermer
Discussion:
President Stepanoff explained the board wants to appoint an engineer
to start building a relationship with as they have with Richland and Haycock Townships. Mr. Ripper is familiar with the firm and highly recommends them.
Board discussion ensued. Mrs. King suggested tabling the motion until the engineer can give a presentation to the board. Board questioned the reason for presenting this particular firm without looking at more than one firm.
Result:
With a vote of Six (6) Ayes and Three (3) Nays by Mrs. King, Mr. Smith and Mrs. Strunk, the motion passed.

Here is the problem: "Board questioned the reason for presenting this particular firm without looking at more than one firm."

Now we know why this firm was the only firm selected...They hired Paul Stepanoff last Monday, 6/23. Dr. Harner read a letter from Boucher & James on Thursday, 6/26, announcing that they were discontinuing their relationship with QCSD because they hired Stepanoff.

BUT...while they were still working for QCSD, Stepanoff was working with them to gain employment.

He used his position as School Board president to get a job with a company employed by the district.

He needs to go!
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#2 Jul 2, 2014
They still work for oatloaff don't they? Stepanoff's boss.
Tired of it all

Perkasie, PA

#3 Jul 2, 2014
Jersey Duke wrote:
They still work for oatloaff don't they? Stepanoff's boss.
You've got that right. He controls the fast five.

Little Ricky was totally disgusting at the meeting last week when he insisted on speaking to the audience rather than addressing the board when he was talking about bussing. He thinks he's the 10th member of the school board. Stepanoff asked him to turn around but it lasted for about two seconds before he was once again talking to the audience.

Then he had the guts to praise Stepanoff for his graduation speech. That topped it all, what an idiot. Little Ricky appears to be insecure, unsure of himself, riddled with anxiety and mentally unstable.

STEPANOFF MUST BE REMOVED!!
Curious

Quakertown, PA

#4 Jul 2, 2014
Did Paul Stepanoff apologize for his graduation speech? If not, it is an issue which will fester.
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#5 Jul 2, 2014
Curious wrote:
Did Paul Stepanoff apologize for his graduation speech? If not, it is an issue which will fester.
No, but Orloaf complimented him on it!

The graduation speech is small potatoes compared to his new-found employment at Boucher & James. While the former was inconsiderate and egotistical, the latter is a clear violation of the School Board Code of Conduct.
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#6 Jul 2, 2014
Bumping this thread up to the top...
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#7 Jul 2, 2014
The Public School Code of 1949 has the following provision for removal of officers, which can be done by the other board members:

"Section 514. Removal of Officers, Employes, etc.--The board of school directors in any school district, except as herein otherwise provided, shall after due notice, giving the reasons therefor, and after hearing if demanded, have the right at any time to remove any of its officers, employes, or appointees for incompetency, intemperance, neglect of duty, violation of any of the school laws of this Commonwealth, or other improper conduct.
On the removal by the board of school directors of any officer, employe, or appointee, such officer, employe, or appointee shall surrender and deliver to the secretary, or other person designated by the board, any and all papers, property, and effects of the school district in his hands at the time of such removal."
Opinion

Sparta, NJ

#8 Jul 2, 2014
It's over for Stepanoff. He should resign now before he's in the midst of another controversy.
qtownparent

Southampton, PA

#9 Jul 2, 2014
Forgive me for being cynical, but don't you need a majority to vote him off?
Orloff Sucks

Cape May, NJ

#10 Jul 3, 2014
The best way to get rid of these clowns is to vote the RTBOS out! Start with Arnold this Nov.!
ICaRead

Broomall, PA

#11 Jul 3, 2014
qtownparent wrote:
Traveling down memory lane on these threads reveals that the same anti-Orloff, anti-Stepanoff retrobates who called for “a vote of no confidence in Stepanoff” October 13, 2007 continue to nurse their bruised egos.“This was my idea. Someone else had proposed the idea of a "no confidence" vote in Stepanoff, so I put it to a poll. I wonder if a signed petition would help, and how many signatures we would need to have him removed.” the unhappy loser wrote seven years ago. The blather continues.

The state of Pennsylvania, unlike some other states, does not have in place a statutory or constitutional mechanism for recalling school board members or any other elected officials by voter-signed petitions. Every attempt thus far, by state and local officials to enact laws providing for extra-constitutional recall of elected officials in the state, has been ruled unlawful by Pennsylvania courts, which have held that the state's constitution provides the sole and exclusive grounds for removal of elected officials from office.
Opinion

Hatfield, PA

#12 Jul 3, 2014
ICaRead wrote:
<quoted text>
Traveling down memory lane on these threads reveals that the same anti-Orloff, anti-Stepanoff retrobates who called for “a vote of no confidence in Stepanoff” October 13, 2007 continue to nurse their bruised egos.“This was my idea. Someone else had proposed the idea of a "no confidence" vote in Stepanoff, so I put it to a poll. I wonder if a signed petition would help, and how many signatures we would need to have him removed.” the unhappy loser wrote seven years ago. The blather continues.
The state of Pennsylvania, unlike some other states, does not have in place a statutory or constitutional mechanism for recalling school board members or any other elected officials by voter-signed petitions. Every attempt thus far, by state and local officials to enact laws providing for extra-constitutional recall of elected officials in the state, has been ruled unlawful by Pennsylvania courts, which have held that the state's constitution provides the sole and exclusive grounds for removal of elected officials from office.
I think qtownparent was referring to the board vote which would be a 4 to 4 tie vote.
Orloff Sucks

Cape May, NJ

#13 Jul 3, 2014
ICaRead wrote:
<quoted text>
Big talk from a guy who only gets voted in by a small group of churches.
Orloff Sucks

Cape May, NJ

#14 Jul 3, 2014
'churches'
Orloff Sucks

Cape May, NJ

#15 Jul 3, 2014
churchies
ICanRead

Broomall, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2014
Orloff Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>Big talk from a guy who only gets voted in by a small group of churches.
Wonderful! Back to the past in the minds of you mental midgets. Now I am once again Orloff. I miss being the big W.
Orloff Sucks

Cape May, NJ

#17 Jul 3, 2014
Would you rather me call you baldy?
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#18 Jul 3, 2014
ICaRead wrote:
<quoted text>
See post 7 above.

"The board of school directors in any school district, except as herein otherwise provided, shall after due notice, giving the reasons therefor, and after hearing if demanded, have the right at any time to remove any of its officers, employes, or appointees for incompetency, intemperance, neglect of duty, violation of any of the school laws of this Commonwealth, or other improper conduct."

The governor doesn't get involved. Neither does the legislature. The local board can do it.

I would help if people petitioned their regional board members to vote to remove him. You won't get ayes from Anderson, Ripper, or Shermer, but Landes could be the swing vote and side with Smith, Strunk, King, and Cattie.

Do you, or do you not agree, that Paul used his position on the board to benefit himself (obtaining a job with the district's engineering firm), as outlined in the School Board Code of Conduct?
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#19 Jul 3, 2014
qtownparent wrote:
Landes may be the swing vote, if enough of his constituents put pressure on him. Word on the street is that he won't run again. He would certainly redeem himself if he votes to have Stepanoff removed.
Richland Resident

Broomall, PA

#20 Jul 3, 2014
It's interesting that the resurrected and BS threads all seem to be started by someone with a Blackwood, NJ ISP location.

The trolls are quaking in their boots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason and Allison back!!! Thu Dani d 3
J. Reigle wears wire for Ralph Snyder Thu Dani d 22
Reigle and Boukalis deal Thu Dani d 6
Angry employer Wed rich guy...... 3
Skanky Yankee rd Oct 11 Dani d 2
How the district attorney works with the evil Oct 11 70 hour a work job 6
Who exactly wrote the bible? 🤔 Oct 10 Felina 2

Quakertown Jobs

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages