Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

If someone shoots a deer on their property but it wanders away and dies on YOUR property, whose deer is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Gotta a beautiful 8 point buck wandering and I pray it doesn't get shot! But somehow he always wanders my way...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

If someone shoots a deer and the deer runs to your property and dies, as a landowner, you have a right to not allow someone to access your property.

Generally, if the hunter asks politely and it would not disturb the property, courtesy would allow the hunter to access the property to retrieve the deer.

If you want to claim a shot deer that dies on your property, you need to have a tag. Without a tag, you can't legally claim it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Vain HK wrote:
If someone shoots a deer and the deer runs to your property and dies, as a landowner, you have a right to not allow someone to access your property.
Generally, if the hunter asks politely and it would not disturb the property, courtesy would allow the hunter to access the property to retrieve the deer.
If you want to claim a shot deer that dies on your property, you need to have a tag. Without a tag, you can't legally claim it.
Thank God! I don't want to have to DO anything about the dead deer.

Let's say the buck is on my land, can he still shoot it?
I know this sounds like a dumb question but I really don't know anything about these rules as they apply to Haycock and honestly, I grew up in the city. The closest I came to firing a rifle was when I was eight and all I remember are the rows of beer cans and BOOM! Of falling on my butt.

Can my children safely play outside or should they be wearing orange. Cause I did someone last year in bright orange and I wondered why? Saw lots of interesting and awesome quiet things but I didn't understand much. err...
Jupiter 2

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

When in doubt... contact the Pa Game Commission. I render a guess and say that shooting anything on a landowner's property without the landowners permission is going to be a problem? PGC should be able to answer your questions in more detail?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Jupiter 2 wrote:
When in doubt... contact the Pa Game Commission. I render a guess and say that shooting anything on a landowner's property without the landowners permission is going to be a problem? PGC should be able to answer your questions in more detail?
Thank you so much. I wouldn't have know to look or call there.
smiley

Tamaqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

I was under the impression that if u come across a dead deer on a road or on your property, that u report it but they will allow u to take it for meat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

smiley wrote:
I was under the impression that if u come across a dead deer on a road or on your property, that u report it but they will allow u to take it for meat.
eww, I've seen them dead on the road. I don't think so... err
Quakertown Mom

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

I would suggest posting "no hunting" signs if you don't want them to hunt on your property, and if you are OK with allowing it (although they are supposed to ask permission according to the PA hunting laws) then post safety zone signs so they know where your house is.
Remington

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

I never hunted and know very little or nothing about the sport. However, it was so refreshing to read a thread that was informative, interesting, and stayed on topic. This is the 10th post and I believe a record may have been set on the number of relevant posts before a thread got spoiled.
John

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ref post # 4 I walk with my daughter a lot. We walk very rural roads.During deer season, I Try not to walk near dusk and both of us wear an orange hat.
Can't be to careful.
Chinese Idiot

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Vain HK wrote:
Will you shut up you dickrubber?
If a monkey is on my property,and I kill it can I sue Michael Hsu?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Hunters are not supposed to come onto your property to hunt without permission, whether you have a posted sign or not. Trespassing laws are very clear in this regard. As a land owner, you have the final say as to whether or not you allow hunters on your land, not whether or not you have it posted.

Hunters should be responsible as to where they hunt and where they shoot. Most hunters from my experience are responsible, however, you will always find those irresponsible people in every group, e.g. David Manilla.

In Bucks county, you are only allowed to hunt with shotguns. To my knowledge, there has not been many accidental shootings of non hunters by hunters. Of course, we're all familiar with the tragic story of Barry Groh, but in the aggregate, hunting accidents are very few.

As to the poster who asked about a deer hit by a car, that is a different scenario. An accidental collision with a deer is not the same as a deliberate or "accidental" shooting/bowshot of a deer.
45 ACP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Chinese Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you shut up you dickrubber?
If a monkey is on my property,and I kill it can I sue Michael Hsu?
After you kill the monkey, please don't hesitate to turn the gun on yourself.
WOW

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

45 ACP wrote:
<quoted text>
After you kill the monkey, please don't hesitate to turn the gun on yourself.
Are you Vain HK?
Get a Life Hsu

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Vain HK wrote:
Hunters are not supposed to come onto your property to hunt without permission, whether you have a posted sign or not. Trespassing laws are very clear in this regard. As a land owner, you have the final say as to whether or not you allow hunters on your land, not whether or not you have it posted.
Hunters should be responsible as to where they hunt and where they shoot. Most hunters from my experience are responsible, however, you will always find those irresponsible people in every group, e.g. David Manilla.
In Bucks county, you are only allowed to hunt with shotguns. To my knowledge, there has not been many accidental shootings of non hunters by hunters. Of course, we're all familiar with the tragic story of Barry Groh, but in the aggregate, hunting accidents are very few.
As to the poster who asked about a deer hit by a car, that is a different scenario. An accidental collision with a deer is not the same as a deliberate or "accidental" shooting/bowshot of a deer.
We see from your moniker you still have a boner for Caldwell.
Very pathetic.
45 ACP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Vain HK?
No.
PropertyOwner

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Quakertown Mom wrote:
I would suggest posting "no hunting" signs if you don't want them to hunt on your property, and if you are OK with allowing it (although they are supposed to ask permission according to the PA hunting laws) then post safety zone signs so they know where your house is.
Most hunter are ok, but they give a bad name to the rest. I've seen them walking right past my little boys with loaded guns. I used to put up no hunting signs and some hunters would tear them off. The law requires that hunters know who's property they're hunting on, and get permission.
PropertyOwner

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
If someone shoots a deer on their property but it wanders away and dies on YOUR property, whose deer is it?
I started out like you, not thinking about hunting much, but I had to learn. A lot of hunters either don't know the law or ignore it. Go to http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.p... and click on "General Hunting Regulations" (you need Adobe Reader) Most of the regulations in that section have not changed in years.
woohoo

Telford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Git r done! us rednecks ben shootin dem deers so lookie out! Today iss friday so im gunna go buy mes some skoal and some marboros and hunt me dem deers. After im dun im gonna hop in my pickup truck with the big wheels and confederate flag on it and pick me up sum women!

We gonna come back to my trailer and watch us some nascar. You women will like mize place i juss put new wood panelen in from the depo. I just bought me a new flannel at the walmarts too and got me some fresh old spice.

Whatch u like? Old milwaukee or budweiser?

we rednecks run this Quakertown git rrrrrrrrrr done!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 min Pa voter 51,447
Quakertown to build Eyesore on parking lot 6 hr Sheep are scared 28
good news 9 hr Richard Kranium 2
Staats Exploits Student for Political Gain (Apr '11) 9 hr Too Funny 227
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 16 hr Independent Voter 3,557
Quakertown schools at impasse on new chief 16 hr Concerned Parent 67
McCooles Wed Sick of it 2
•••

Freeze Warning for Bucks County was issued at April 24 at 9:10PM EDT

•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••
•••