Sacred Heart Home Orphanage

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Rosemarie Hockenberry

Butler, PA

#1 May 11, 2007
Does anyone know where I can find out any information about this home which was in Coopersburg. I was there from 1952 thru 1962. I was there with my 3 brothers. I would love to see if anyone has any pictures from that time frame. Please contact me at my email address which is SaxyPaLady53@zoominternet.net. Put in the subject line Sacred Heart Home. Please I amy really interested in finding some pictures from that time frame. Thanks,
sacred heart home

Tampa, FL

#2 Aug 21, 2007
My name is Brian Szabo...i was at the home in the early 70's i know its not the time frame your looking for, but if you do find out anything could you please email me and let me know what you find out. bcszabo@hotmail.com
thanks
Brian Szabo
Christine Miller

Austin, TX

#3 Sep 6, 2007
Rosemarie Hockenberry wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find out any information about this home which was in Coopersburg. I was there from 1952 thru 1962. I was there with my 3 brothers. I would love to see if anyone has any pictures from that time frame. Please contact me at my email address which is SaxyPaLady53@zoominternet.net. Put in the subject line Sacred Heart Home. Please I amy really interested in finding some pictures from that time frame. Thanks,
Hi Rosemarie: My name is Christine Miller. I lived at Sacred Heart Home and School in Coopersburg from 1960 to 1963. I don't have any pictures, but it's indelibly etched in my mind.
Christine Miller

Austin, TX

#4 Sep 6, 2007
Hi Rosemarie: My name is Christine Miller and I live at Sacred Heart Home and School in Coopersburg, Pa. from 1960 to 1963. I don't have any pictures, but I don't need any. It's indelibly etched on my mind.
Christine Miller

Austin, TX

#5 Sep 6, 2007
Hi Rosemarie: My name is Christine Miller and I lived at Sacred Heart Home and School in Coopersburg, Pa. from 1960 to 1963. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I guess I don't need any. It's indelibly etched in my mind.
Flossie Roberts

Belle Chasse, LA

#6 Sep 7, 2007
Hello. My name is Flossie and I was also at Sacred Heart from 1962 thru 1965. I don't have any photos either, but will be anxiously checking this Forum just in case anyone does. Do you all remember those movie days in the basement when the nuns showed all of those old, old film reels of the early days of Sacred Heart? I have some memories to share and would love to hear any of yours. Take care all,
Flossie pweesgal@gmail.com
Chuck Unger

North Babylon, NY

#7 Sep 9, 2007
Rosemarie,

Hi, are you by any chance Rosemarie Makusky? I was at the home from '56 until '65 and that was the only Rosemarie I remember from that time.

Just coincidently, I was at the home today and took a few pictures which I can attempt to e-mail as soon as I am able. However, be prepared to have your heart broken. I will e-mail you presently with the details but I wanted to post this on this forum in case any of the others who were there read this. I would love to hear from them as well.

Rosemarie,
EUGENE SKROVANEK

New York, NY

#8 Dec 25, 2007
Was there from the 50's until 58, if interested contact me at Carldrizzle@aol.com
EUGENE SKROVANEK

New York, NY

#9 Dec 25, 2007
Tried to post earlier but was not taking. I have some pics from Coopersburg also
EUGENE SKROVANEK

New York, NY

#10 Dec 25, 2007
Knew the Unger Brothers, the Schaeffer Brothers, the Dutkos, the Millers and others............
EUGENE SKROVANEK

New York, NY

#11 Jan 2, 2008
Sister Bonita, who was the Principal and 8th Grade teacher along with the Music Teacher is currently 100 years old and is in retirement in the MSC convent in Orwigsburg PA, she will be celebrating 80 years as a nun next year.
Eugene Skrovanek

New York, NY

#12 Jan 14, 2008
Chuck Unger wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosemarie,
Hi, are you by any chance Rosemarie Makusky? I was at the home from '56 until '65 and that was the only Rosemarie I remember from that time.
Just coincidently, I was at the home today and took a few pictures which I can attempt to e-mail as soon as I am able. However, be prepared to have your heart broken. I will e-mail you presently with the details but I wanted to post this on this forum in case any of the others who were there read this. I would love to hear from them as well.
Rosemarie,
Would be interested as well as seeing some recent pics of Sacred Heart Home
Bonita Meixner-Renteria

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Jan 17, 2008
My Mom, Mary Meixner used to take Our Lady of Hungary Nuns to Sacred Heart Orphanage from early 1950 thru 1959. I called the Convent in Northampton,Pa. today. All the nuns are long gone but I was told they would see if any photos could be found.If I hear from them I will pass them along.My e-mail is bmrenteria@yahoo.com
Bonita Meixner-Renteria

Arlington, TX

#14 Jan 26, 2008
I haven't heard from the OLH convent. I also found out that the Girl Scouts from OLH are also gone. They used to play basketball at the home. I will keep trying to find the pics. and anything else I can.
EUGENE SKROVANEK

New York, NY

#15 Feb 8, 2008
Any of these names ring any bells..........Arthur
Unger, Bobby Unger, Larry Schaeffer, Jerry Schaeffer, Michael Tomsic, David Nocasio, Richard Fenstermaker, Joep Zartler, Frank Zartler, Nick Langston, Bobby Hessinger, John and Joan Miller, Larry Funk, Kurt Wick, George Dutko and many more that I can't think of right now..........
Rosie Zartler Hockenberry

Butler, PA

#16 Feb 9, 2008
Joe & Frank Zartler are my brothers. My other brother was Tom. Joe died 5 years ago from Cancer. After I graduated from Sacred Heart I went to a home in Reading. Anyone know anyone that went there?
Rosie Zartler Hockenberry

Butler, PA

#17 Feb 18, 2008
Christine Miller wrote:
Hi Rosemarie: My name is Christine Miller and I lived at Sacred Heart Home and School in Coopersburg, Pa. from 1960 to 1963. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I guess I don't need any. It's indelibly etched in my mind.
Christine, Did you have a sister who was in the home?
Eugene Skrovanek

New York, NY

#18 Feb 18, 2008
I know all the Zartler Boys, I went from Coopersburg to St Joes in Philly with them. My sister, Kathy, also went to the home in Reading from Coopersburg. Would like to get into contact with the Zartlers again, I recently heard from Larry Schaeffer who was in Coopersburg with me...You can reach me at Carldrizzle@aol.com or at eugene.skrovanek@db.com
Kathy Roman

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Mar 4, 2008
I'm writing a book about my experiences in "the home" I was there in the early 60's. I would love to hear about your experiences to incorporate in my book. It is a heavily illustrated book (a graphic novel) so it is a slow,slow process. But my memories are fading and I could use a bit of a memory jolt from you.thanks
My email is katdazzle at comcast dot net. Sorry I wrote my email like that, but i didn't want spammers to pick it up.
Colby Kent

Center Valley, PA

#20 Mar 24, 2008
HI all,
I'm a member of the Coopersburg Historical Society. We have a small museum with a little information.

I'm going to look through our collected information and hope to find something to share with everyone. But your thoughts are very important to us. Can you send your thoughts? We can put it all on file in our museum. The museum is open the first Sunday of every month from 1 to 4pm.

The big home,(Cooper mansion), is still empty and for sale.

The brick building, housing the Dormatories and the gym will be converted to senior housing.

You can email me at ckent@cmma.com.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) 12 hr Notacrybaby 177
Lower rockydale rd greenlane pa 18954 13 hr Notacrybaby 2
Bucks County Probation and Parole (Jan '17) 14 hr Truth-1708 rockyd... 21
Flamin Harry's tatoos 18 hr Truth-1708 rockyd... 4
Allowed to fake urine tests at methadone place Sep 16 Angry employer 1
Historic Quakertown Sep 9 QtownGuy 1
DUI Tim Arnold Sep 7 RTPD Lawhead 4

Quakertown Jobs

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages