Quakertown Midget Football

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of109
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
confused

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 4, 2010
 
Is anyone else curious about why QMFA decided not to give out trophies too all the teams this year? My one kid is gonna get one and my other kid is not. Any clue as to what is happening?
jster

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 4, 2010
 
That cant be right, Souderton would never do that. Check with the Board, they should be able to give an explanation. You paid a registration fee, right? Thats supposed to be included. Good luck. You can always sign up here next year.
What

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 4, 2010
 
I have two children in QMFA. One in flag and one on 70 lb tackle. As fars as I have been told both are getting trophies. Where did you hear this?
Huh

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 4, 2010
 
jster wrote:
That cant be right, Souderton would never do that. Check with the Board, they should be able to give an explanation. You paid a registration fee, right? Thats supposed to be included. Good luck. You can always sign up here next year.
What are you talking about? The poster has kids in QMFA, not Souderton.

If you're referring to the location under their name, that's the location of the service provider's access hub, not their actual location.
info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 4, 2010
 
Don't know is trophies are a thing of the past or if they are to be handed out at the team party.

This is from the 2010 Newsletter: "The annual awards banquet has been canceled this year for several reasons but mainly from feedback from our parents. We have replaced the banquet with individual team pizza parties..."

If you have an email address on file with them you should have recieved this info in the newsletter too...

Hope that helps.
inside scoop

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 5, 2010
 
a majority of the board members have kids on the 70lb. and 80 lb. teams. the only 105lb team to get trophies will be the one who went to buxmont championship, also a board members team. No trophies for anyone else....but you are correct they are getting 6 or 7 pizzas per team....but not a party. the teams have to plan their own party at their own expense./this is to save $ for the 105 lb. team for travel expenses for playoffs. Not really fair to the parents who paid $170. to register....i thought it would at least include a trophy. trophies are not a thing of the past...its a symbolic reminder to the kids of their accomplishment. pizza is stingy and after 5 minutes its gone. just another crooked self serving action by the board, all led by todd w, the self proclaimed "puppet master", he claims to pull the strings of all those on the board....unfortunately they all listen to him....brainwashed!! theres a place in sellersville that offers inexpensive trophies for the kids, you can get one from there...you can get a better price if you order a bunch at the same time...about 5-7$. Good Luck...youll get used to all the shenannigans that goes on at QMFA...we all see and know it! What we wont do for our kids!!!
HowTrue

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 5, 2010
 
inside scoop wrote:
a majority of the board members have kids on the 70lb. and 80 lb. teams. the only 105lb team to get trophies will be the one who went to buxmont championship, also a board members team. No trophies for anyone else....but you are correct they are getting 6 or 7 pizzas per team....but not a party. the teams have to plan their own party at their own expense./this is to save $ for the 105 lb. team for travel expenses for playoffs. Not really fair to the parents who paid $170. to register....i thought it would at least include a trophy. trophies are not a thing of the past...its a symbolic reminder to the kids of their accomplishment. pizza is stingy and after 5 minutes its gone. just another crooked self serving action by the board, all led by todd w, the self proclaimed "puppet master", he claims to pull the strings of all those on the board....unfortunately they all listen to him....brainwashed!! theres a place in sellersville that offers inexpensive trophies for the kids, you can get one from there...you can get a better price if you order a bunch at the same time...about 5-7$. Good Luck...youll get used to all the shenannigans that goes on at QMFA...we all see and know it! What we wont do for our kids!!!
You're absolutely correct. The parents of this league are pulling their kids out in record numbers. It's become a complete joke run for the most part by a few dominating Board Members trying to live their glory days through their kids. This league is run by a select few and if you disagree with their approach, they strong arm you. Also, the best kids don't even get to try the key positions but instead those position are ALWAYS held by a Coaches son. Look at EVERY team and you'll notice that the QB, RB, LB, Punter/Kicker position are ALL, EVERY ONE, the child of a Coach. Other kids rarely get a chance to learn those positions. This league is a sham and it won't change until the composition of the Board changes. Parents beware.
Untrue

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 5, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

HowTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely correct. The parents of this league are pulling their kids out in record numbers. It's become a complete joke run for the most part by a few dominating Board Members trying to live their glory days through their kids. This league is run by a select few and if you disagree with their approach, they strong arm you. Also, the best kids don't even get to try the key positions but instead those position are ALWAYS held by a Coaches son. Look at EVERY team and you'll notice that the QB, RB, LB, Punter/Kicker position are ALL, EVERY ONE, the child of a Coach. Other kids rarely get a chance to learn those positions. This league is a sham and it won't change until the composition of the Board changes. Parents beware.
My son is in QMFA and the QB is NOT a coach's son. Please do not talk in absolutes when you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm not sure what the big deal about trophies is anyway. Did they win anything? Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I feel trophies should be awarded to teams that won their division, not just for participating. You can get a certificate that says that. You're teaching your kids that being mediocre should be rewarded. Getting a trophy should actually mean something. And no, I'm not a board member.
HowTrue

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 5, 2010
 
Untrue wrote:
<quoted text>
My son is in QMFA and the QB is NOT a coach's son. Please do not talk in absolutes when you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm not sure what the big deal about trophies is anyway. Did they win anything? Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I feel trophies should be awarded to teams that won their division, not just for participating. You can get a certificate that says that. You're teaching your kids that being mediocre should be rewarded. Getting a trophy should actually mean something. And no, I'm not a board member.
What team? I'm speaking in absolutes because it is an absolute. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're telling me that the Coaches son is not a QB or RB? Please, tell me, what team?
momma11

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 5, 2010
 
Yeah QMFA is a joke! The board are in their own clique, somehow they feel as though they are "IT". Amazing how no other team in QMFA has EVER been able to practice on the main playing field.....but Todd Woods team....(yes, he is a board member) has been practicing there the last few weeks(weekday practices). Rules only apply to non-board members! Yes, it is true that the #'s are going down....all a testament to the terrible job QMFA is doing....Someone needs to get these people off the board asap!!!!!! Todd and his buddies need to get out. On another note, the big deal with trophies is several things.... what do you tell your kids when they have gotten trophies in the past, but this year "NO". I decided to tell them the truth...."Your mom and dad are not on the board, there for you wont get one." Remember these are kids. No child in my opinion is mediocre....practicing every night in august....practicing in the cold....etc...medeocre is sitting home playing xbox all day! Again, shame on this pathetic organization..and the clowns who run it!
Untrue

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 5, 2010
 
HowTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
What team? I'm speaking in absolutes because it is an absolute. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're telling me that the Coaches son is not a QB or RB? Please, tell me, what team?
It is NOT an absolute. He plays on the 120 lb team. You do NOT know what you're talking about.
HowTrue

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 5, 2010
 
Untrue wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT an absolute. He plays on the 120 lb team. You do NOT know what you're talking about.
OK, then RB and LB. I said QB, RB, and LB. And, lets talk about that team. They recruited two QB's, bringing one up from the D2 to play, then, they kept changing their minds and the first QB, with his Dad at his side, made a scene at the field and threatened to quit. Soon after, he returned, and, the QB brought up from D2 was moved, before a game, to backup QB. Low class move that resulted in the young man quitting the team. The coach's on this team have had multiple disciplinary actions against them and in the past two years, many parental complaints. And why don't you review, of the 2 Coach's that actually run the show, including the Head Coach, what positions they play? Absolute indeed.
dad105

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 5, 2010
 
He plays tackle. Kid on the 120. that coach is one of the most genuinely "fair" coaches, from what I can tell hes one of the only coaches who treats all the kids equally. His kid earned his tackle position, the kid is really strong, best tackle on the team from my vantage point. Just like any team there is drama. Unfortunately, much of the drama is the fault of a jealous board member Todd Wood due to this teams successful year last year....again the board stinks. You are right about the wack job father pulling his kid from the team. this dad wanted his kid to be QB to the point of being insane! People that know him well fear him because he is unstable. Team better off without this dad, but its a shame for the kid....I heard he was okay, but the QB they used was better. Parents always complain, the same crap goes on in every team, Just ask anyone on the 105-2. We did pretty good this year and still people complian.
SICKOFQMFA

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 5, 2010
 
WHEN THE 120-1 TEAM PLAYED AT NORTH-HAMPTON ONE OF THE PARENTS ON NORTH-HAMPTONS TEAM TRYED TO ATTACK A COACH ON QTOWN SIDE. NONE OF THE COACHES ON QTOWN SIDE DID ANYTHING WRONG. THE ONE COACH GETTING ATTACKED BILL.S RAISED HIS VOICE,BUT DID NOT SAY ANYTHING WRONG. WHO WOULDNT BE FREAKED OUT IF SOMEONE RUNS INTO YOUR FACE SCREAMING. NORTH-HAMPTON HAS HAD A BAD REPUTATION FOR YEARS. THE OFFENSIVE COACH SAID, GET THIS TRASH OFF THIS FIELD, TO THE REFS...AGAIN, A PRETTY TAME RESPONCE FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON. THE REFS ENDED THE GAME WITH ABOUT 15-20 SEC. LEFT IN THE 4TH Q, THE REFS ALSO REPRIMANDED THE NORTH-HAMPTON SIDE, NOT QTOWN. THE QTOWN COACH FILLED OUT A REPORT TO GIVE TO QMFA(AS THEY ARE TOLD TO DO) AND THE 2 COACHES WHO YELLED(NOT INAPPROPRIATELY)GOT A WARNING AND THE HEAD COACH GOT A WARNING ONLY BEACUSE HE IS THE HEAD COACH.AGAIN, TODD WOOD AND THE CRAZY BOARD MEMBERS HANDINH DOWN THE SENTECE.THE COACH RAN ACCROSS THE FIELD TO TELL THE KIDS OF NORTH HAMPTON THAT THEY DID A GREAT JOB.(THEY DID)HE ALSO SHOOK THE HANDS OF ALL THE COACHES.THIS YEAR HAS BEEN A WHICH HUNT,SOMEONE ELSE SAID STARTED WITH TODD WOOD. UNFORTUNATLEY, THIS TRICKLED DOWN TO A COUPLE OF THE COACHES THAT WERE ON TODDS TEAM LAST YEAR....THEY CONSPIRED TOGETHER TO UNDERMINE THIS TEAM IN A MASTER PLAN FROM TODD, AND THE WHOLE TIME THIS HEAD COACH HAS ACTED KINDLY, NEVER OFFERING UP A NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING. I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF I WAS THIS GUY, I WOULD HAVE GOOD REASON TO LOSE MY COOL. HE DID NOT, THIS IS WHAT A GREAT COACH IS ALL ABOUT. I AM LUCKY TO HAVE HAD MY KID UNDER HIS GUIDANCE FOR 2 YEARS. BETTER MAN THAN I AM. THANKS COACH!
LMAO

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 5, 2010
 
dad105 wrote:
He plays tackle. Kid on the 120. that coach is one of the most genuinely "fair" coaches, from what I can tell hes one of the only coaches who treats all the kids equally. His kid earned his tackle position, the kid is really strong, best tackle on the team from my vantage point.
Your vantage point must suck
LMAO

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 5, 2010
 
SICKOFQMFA wrote:
WHEN THE 120-1 TEAM PLAYED AT NORTH-HAMPTON ONE OF THE PARENTS ON NORTH-HAMPTONS TEAM TRYED TO ATTACK A COACH ON QTOWN SIDE. NONE OF THE COACHES ON QTOWN SIDE DID ANYTHING WRONG. THE ONE COACH GETTING ATTACKED BILL.S RAISED HIS VOICE,BUT DID NOT SAY ANYTHING WRONG. WHO WOULDNT BE FREAKED OUT IF SOMEONE RUNS INTO YOUR FACE SCREAMING. NORTH-HAMPTON HAS HAD A BAD REPUTATION FOR YEARS. THE OFFENSIVE COACH SAID, GET THIS TRASH OFF THIS FIELD, TO THE REFS...AGAIN, A PRETTY TAME RESPONCE FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON. THE REFS ENDED THE GAME WITH ABOUT 15-20 SEC. LEFT IN THE 4TH Q, THE REFS ALSO REPRIMANDED THE NORTH-HAMPTON SIDE, NOT QTOWN. THE QTOWN COACH FILLED OUT A REPORT TO GIVE TO QMFA(AS THEY ARE TOLD TO DO) AND THE 2 COACHES WHO YELLED(NOT INAPPROPRIATELY)GOT A WARNING AND THE HEAD COACH GOT A WARNING ONLY BEACUSE HE IS THE HEAD COACH.AGAIN, TODD WOOD AND THE CRAZY BOARD MEMBERS HANDINH DOWN THE SENTECE.THE COACH RAN ACCROSS THE FIELD TO TELL THE KIDS OF NORTH HAMPTON THAT THEY DID A GREAT JOB.(THEY DID)HE ALSO SHOOK THE HANDS OF ALL THE COACHES.THIS YEAR HAS BEEN A WHICH HUNT,SOMEONE ELSE SAID STARTED WITH TODD WOOD. UNFORTUNATLEY, THIS TRICKLED DOWN TO A COUPLE OF THE COACHES THAT WERE ON TODDS TEAM LAST YEAR....THEY CONSPIRED TOGETHER TO UNDERMINE THIS TEAM IN A MASTER PLAN FROM TODD, AND THE WHOLE TIME THIS HEAD COACH HAS ACTED KINDLY, NEVER OFFERING UP A NEGATIVE WORD ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING. I HAVE TO SAY THAT IF I WAS THIS GUY, I WOULD HAVE GOOD REASON TO LOSE MY COOL. HE DID NOT, THIS IS WHAT A GREAT COACH IS ALL ABOUT. I AM LUCKY TO HAVE HAD MY KID UNDER HIS GUIDANCE FOR 2 YEARS. BETTER MAN THAN I AM. THANKS COACH!
another lousy vantage point
SICKOFQMFA

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 5, 2010
 
JUST ANOTHER HATER. MUST SUCK TO BE YOU.
SICKOFQMFA

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 5, 2010
 
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
another lousy vantage point
hOW WOULD YOU KNOW? YOU WERE NOT THERE
idiots

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 5, 2010
 
And this is what your kids have to see and hear??

All for the sport of football!!! Go Team!

Idiots.
LMAO

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 5, 2010
 
SICKOFQMFA wrote:
<quoted text>
hOW WOULD YOU KNOW? YOU WERE NOT THERE
"NONE OF THE COACHES ON QTOWN SIDE DID ANYTHING WRONG. "

so some Northampton guy is mad cause his team is winning 20 something - 0

that just doesn't make sense....then with your above quote...hhmmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of109
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hiker recovering from copperhead snake bite 2 hr whatdafuk 3
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 3 hr Meh 94
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 11 hr Capt Lou 51,114
Brew pub in Dimmig Building 14 hr Ha Ha 43
Quakertown Boro Police Blotter (Feb '13) Fri Bigpoppa 32
Best Bar in Quakertown Fri Booz Hound 1
I miss drive-in movies Fri Scooter 1
•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
Quakertown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Quakertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Quakertown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Quakertown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••