First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Bally, PA

#1 Apr 9, 2008
I recently moved back into the area... where do you recommend a good night out?
Curious

Reading, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2008
First off...are you a man or a woman? What kinds of food do you like. Do you like big healthy potions or smaller fatty portions.

Bally, PA

#3 Apr 9, 2008
I am a woman, not sure why that matters - anyway looking for a nice place for my husband and I to go out on a Friday or Saturday - been to Mccooles was good, like to try something else. Food wise doesn't matter, although I prefer more salad , no pasta.
Curious

Reading, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2008
721ave wrote:
I am a woman, not sure why that matters - anyway looking for a nice place for my husband and I to go out on a Friday or Saturday - been to Mccooles was good, like to try something else. Food wise doesn't matter, although I prefer more salad , no pasta.
I asked if you were a man or a women because women tend to like more atmosphere then men. Unfortunately you probably went to the best one in Quakertown.
Kayze

Wayne, PA

#5 Apr 9, 2008
Many people enjoy the Spinnerstown Hotel. It is always full, they are closed on Sunday. On Spinnerstown Road right off of 663.

The new Front Street Bistro is fairly good,some seem to think it is pricey.(I don't think so.)

If you are willing to drive a bit for a good night out the Federal Grill in Allentown is one of the best restaurants in the area. Iris (the owner) is wonderful, she has a great menu and the staff is extremely attentive. Excellent food, great atmosphere.
Joewilly

Easton, PA

#6 Apr 9, 2008
For a nice casual dinner I like Bubba's Pot Belly Stove up on 309. Good french onion soup.
Shutyourporkylip s

Reading, PA

#7 Apr 9, 2008
I think who you need to ask about this is qtown mom_career woman, she eats at all of Quakertown's restaurants once a day. C'mon, show us how the piggy eats.
Judge

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2008
Shutyourporkylips wrote:
I think who you need to ask about this is qtown mom_career woman, she eats at all of Quakertown's restaurants once a day. C'mon, show us how the piggy eats.
Could you please grow up and stop with these silly name calling posts? It really is annoying and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks so.
Judge

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Spinnerstown Hotel is a favorite of ours. We like to get together there with a few couples. They have a website too and sometimes also have local bands featured. We also like Il Garda (next to Wal-mart), it is Italian but they have much more than just pasta. I believe they also have a website if you wanted to look up that menu.

And, if you don't mind the drive to Perkasie, Washington House is very good.
Shutyourporkylip s

Reading, PA

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please grow up and stop with these silly name calling posts? It really is annoying and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks so.
Just calling it how I see it. If you haven't guessed yet, I really don't care what fat people think. HARRRRRR!
Starenitey

AOL

#11 Apr 9, 2008
721ave wrote:
I recently moved back into the area... where do you recommend a good night out?

Front Street Cafe in Quakertown or Rising Sun Hotel in Telford Pa. Both have websites. Look them up and enjoy!

Bally, PA

#12 Apr 9, 2008
Ok, thanks for all the advice.... we drove past the Brick Tavern...any good? Living in New York City for a few years, lots of great places in easy walking distance!

Bally, PA

#13 Apr 10, 2008
It doesn't look like much from the outside ( nor inside!) But my family enjoys going to Tai Show in the old McDonalds building. It is a fun time to sit around the hibachi and they do their corny cooking act. But the food is good - bring some beer or wine, a few friends and have a good time! A few of my friends and I went out girls night out to Kira in Souderton - same type of deal, food similar, prices similar - slightly nicer decor. The only deal? Plan on $25 or so per person depending on what you get, but it does include soup, salad, rice,noodles,shrimp,veggies and your meat entree as well as a dish of ice cream. I always bring at least half of the meal home,...way too much food, but it gives me lunch for the ext day!
mke

Toms River, NJ

#14 Apr 10, 2008
I LIKE GERRY'S PUBLIC HOUSE IT'S UP TOWARDS SPINNERSTOWN. IT IS IN AN OLD FARM HOUSE. THEY HAVE A WEBSITE WITH A MENU.
mke

Toms River, NJ

#15 Apr 10, 2008
THE PERK IN PERKASIE IS REALLY GOOD.
PorkChopBaconNOs alad

Mertztown, PA

#16 Apr 10, 2008
qtown mom_career woman wrote:
...way too much food, but it gives me lunch for the ext day!
For who, England? For you? Impossible...

Really, get off your fat ass and go take a walk instead of sitting on in here. I know it's a problem with all the stuff orbiting you, but there are plenty of places to go that have enough clearance between you and the next object so you can exercise safely.
Larrylikesfatwom en

Mertztown, PA

#17 Apr 10, 2008
It doesn't look like much from the outside ( nor inside!) But my family enjoys going to Tai Show in the old McDonalds building. It is a fun time to sit around the hibachi and they do their corny cooking act. But the food is good - bring some beer or wine, a few friends and have a good time! A few of my friends and I went out girls night out to Kira in Souderton - same type of deal, food similar, prices similar - slightly nicer decor. The only deal? Plan on $25 or so per person depending on what you get, but it does include soup, salad, rice,noodles,shrimp,veggies and your meat entree as well as a dish of ice cream. I always bring at least half of the meal home,...way too much food, but it gives me lunch for the ext day!
I too enjoy the Tai Show...its a bit expensive, but well worth the price. My son especially likes when the chef puts out the volcano fire with his little man peeing on it. Makes him laugh every time.

Bally, PA

#18 Apr 10, 2008
Why don't you GET A LIFE instead of tormenting me and others? You really must have no life other than to negatively affect others. Obviously you were not loved as a child and probably not loved now, I don't know how anyone could ever care for a person like you. I was going to let this all go and not comment but you started it....all I did was respond to comments and you have to act once again as an idiot! And once again, you ake comments on me when you truly do NOT know the circumstances.
PorkChopBaconNOs alad

Mertztown, PA

#19 Apr 10, 2008
Why don't you GET A LIFE instead of tormenting me and others? You really must have no life other than to negatively affect others....
I bet there is enough of you to HAVE TWO LIVES!
...Obviously you were not loved as a child and probably not loved now, I don't know how anyone could ever care for a person like you.
And obviously you were never stopped as a child....from eating. I don't know how anyone could ever be around you without the fear of being eaten.
...all I did was respond to comments and you have to act once again as an idiot! And once again, you ake comments on me when you truly do NOT know the circumstances.
No, all YOU do is eat! And I DO know the circumstances. You're huge!
I was going to let this all go and not comment but you started it...
So I guess it's kinda like a cheeseburger, is that why you won't let it go?

Bally, PA

#20 Apr 10, 2008
You really dont know me. ASS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is God Real? (Mar '13) 5 hr whyisbloodred 275
The New Quakertown Park 9 hr Richland Resident 8
local raw honey on 663 (May '14) 18 hr In the Know 36
Pot Holes & Road Conditions Sun PA Gas Tax 12
Where's George from the Post Office? (Aug '13) Mar 28 Roscoe 137
Review: Milford Veterinary Clinic - Kathy L Jam... (Sep '09) Mar 27 Richland Resident 288
Review: Kathy's Country Kitchen (at Melody Lakes) (Dec '12) Mar 27 Get some Class 103
Quakertown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Quakertown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]