First Prev
of 2
Next Last
info

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2009
Driving into Quakertown, 309 at park avenue is closed in both driections. Police and fire are on the scene. Police tape around accident. Car on middle median, completely gutted by fire.

I'm hoping the preson got out alive and its nto a fatality.
RJ Qtwn

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Nov 5, 2009
The cars hit and one exploded! The passengers were rushed to the hospital... We were told to say a prayer for them!
RJ Qtwn

Newtown Square, PA

#3 Nov 5, 2009
*EDIT: Sorry, they said "people" were rushed to the hospital not "passengers"...
Amanda

Newtown Square, PA

#4 Nov 5, 2009
RJ Qtwn wrote:
*EDIT: Sorry, they said "people" were rushed to the hospital not "passengers"...
I saw the car explode in flames I know at least one person did get out of the car. I just hope she is ok & there was no one else in the car. If anyone hears anything please post it. I'll say a prayer.
was there

Quakertown, PA

#5 Nov 5, 2009
I was there before rescue/police and I only saw one car involved. The vehicle that was on fire did not look like it sustained any type of damage from an impact. It was sitting on top of the concrete median. I had already heard a rumor that the person got out of their vehicle and was hit by traffic driving by. Not sure if that is true or not...but the fire was amazing to see.
pookie

Broomall, PA

#6 Nov 5, 2009
info wrote:
Driving into Quakertown, 309 at park avenue is closed in both driections. Police and fire are on the scene. Police tape around accident. Car on middle median, completely gutted by fire.
I'm hoping the preson got out alive and its nto a fatality.
What time?
info

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2009
my guess is from my prvevious experiences being a volunteer FF, with the tape and all and the police conducting measurments etc...that generally is NOT a good sign. If it wasnt serious, they would move the vehicle fairly quickly and reopen the highway.

That rumor maybe true, lets hope not! It seems like a very in depth investigation, leading me to believe there is something more.

I hope i am wrong. Prayers and thoughts.
was there

Quakertown, PA

#8 Nov 5, 2009
It happened right before 7:30 pm.
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#9 Nov 5, 2009
My daughter noticed a fire as we were approaching the light at the Dairy Queen. We called 911. There were at least 2 people who got out of their car to see if they could help. The ambulance did arrive within 1-2 minutes upon our arrival. Shame to those drivers who refused clear the road for the ambulance, and the truck driver who tried to drive through the scene of a burning vehicle. We saw only 1 car engulfed in flames. There were no other vehicles.
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#10 Nov 5, 2009
We are residents of Quakertown, pa. Not to confuse anybody with the Wilmington, DE
info

Noblesville, IN

#11 Nov 5, 2009
passerby wrote:
My daughter noticed a fire as we were approaching the light at the Dairy Queen. We called 911. There were at least 2 people who got out of their car to see if they could help. The ambulance did arrive within 1-2 minutes upon our arrival. Shame to those drivers who refused clear the road for the ambulance, and the truck driver who tried to drive through the scene of a burning vehicle. We saw only 1 car engulfed in flames. There were no other vehicles.
did u see anyone injured? What about the person(s) in the car? Did they exit and get hit?
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#12 Nov 5, 2009
I don't know how many people were in the car; although the driver side door was open. I'm sorry, I don't have any more information. We drove by the scene around 9pm. The road is still closed. The only car there was the one that was on fire.
Fiona

Hilltown, PA

#13 Nov 6, 2009
My nephew was told by a fire resuce person that it was a teenage girl. She somehow jump onto the medium and the car caught fire, However he was also told that a truck had the hit her/or the car and the car exploded there after. He was unsure if the girl was hit by the truck when she was out of the car or if the truck hit the car. Regardless they couldn't comment on the driver's condition, he just knows she was taken to the hospital.
Truthiness

Hatfield, PA

#14 Nov 6, 2009
verifiable sources are always better than anonymous gossip

http://www.mcall.com/news/police/all-2quaker....
info

United States

#15 Nov 6, 2009
geez, thats just awful! Shame on trucks and people driving through an accident scene like that! Thats just plain ridiculous. Guess that delivery was more important than a women's life. Criminal charges should be dealt to the truck driver!
info

United States

#16 Nov 6, 2009
i just realized, that when the article and people said truck, i just pictured a big rig or delivery truck. When i did check out the scene last night while going to my home, I did see a small 2 door pickup on the side of the road in the taped off area. It was parked by carpeteria in the turning lane on 309.
why

Quakertown, PA

#17 Nov 6, 2009
You almost have to wonder why she ended up on the median to begin with. I had heard that when the car hit the median the car took down a sign and the sign punctured the gas tank and the oil pan.

Hopefully she will be ok and thankfully no one else was injured.
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#18 Nov 6, 2009
(The truck driver beeped their horn because they were trying to get through. It was unbelievable!)
Then, when the ambulance was arriving on the scene, the truck was trying to back away from the burning car. I just think it was poor judgment on their part to even try to drive-by the burning vehicle.
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#19 Nov 6, 2009
Morning Call Newspaper article reported the following:

Reports: Woman hit by truck as she flees burning car

A woman was hit by a truck Thursday night when she jumped out of her burning car on Route 309 in Quakertown, according to police radio reports.

The woman was trying to escape the car's flames at 7:25 p.m. at 206 S. West End Blvd., police said. This part of West End Boulevard is Route 309, near Park Avenue.

The woman's injuries were reported as serious. Route 309 was shut down while the woman was helped and the accident cleaned up. The woman was taken to St. Luke's Hospital-Fountain Hill.

Quakertown police were on the scene, as were Quakertown and West End fire companies. Police could not be reached for further details.

-- Frank Warner
passerby

Quakertown, PA

#20 Nov 6, 2009
I was pumping gas at Hess when I heard a noise and looked over to see the car on the median and all of a sudden it was on fire. It was horrible but I did see the drivers side door open so I assumed they got out I didnt know she was hit that is such a shame I hope she is okay. As we were watching what was going on I did see and hear the 18 wheeler that barely stopped before the burning car. What an a######!!!! Question I have is why it took so long for the fire company to arrive they were right across the street and it took well over 5 minutes for them to come.(unless they were on another call) then sorry but it did seem like forever. If someone would have been trapped they would have been dead!.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a great hair stylist Mon queenjoyce 9
New Sign on 309 Dec 9 Jennifer schaible 13
Quakertown Electric (Jul '10) Dec 9 Jennifer schaible 65
Couple that thinks the are Quakertown best!! Dec 9 Jennifer schaible 4
school bus. Dec 8 marie 19
dealer (Jun '13) Dec 7 No name 17
Above ground pool eyesore (Jun '13) Dec 6 me 53

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance