First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Character

Hatfield, PA

#1 Apr 18, 2013
Quakertown Borough Clean Up Day
Date: 4/20/2013 8:30 AM

Volunteers are need to spend the day beautifying Quakertown! Borough Clean Up Day is an annual event celebrating Earth Day where volunteers are tasked with enhancing the attractions of Borough-owned properties. All volunteers should meet at Borough Hall to coordinate their assignments.

Contact Ashley O'Neill, Parks & Recreation Coordinator to schedule your community group.

Raindate: April 27, 2013

http://www.quakertown-pa.gov/index.aspx...
Character

Hatfield, PA

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Character wrote:
Quakertown Borough Clean Up Day
Date: 4/20/2013 8:30 AM
Volunteers are need to spend the day beautifying Quakertown! Borough Clean Up Day is an annual event celebrating Earth Day where volunteers are tasked with enhancing the attractions of Borough-owned properties. All volunteers should meet at Borough Hall to coordinate their assignments.
Contact Ashley O'Neill, Parks & Recreation Coordinator to schedule your community group.
Raindate: April 27, 2013
http://www.quakertown-pa.gov/index.aspx...
This is for all you people who sit on your behind and do nothing but complain about the borough.
samcro

Quakertown, PA

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Character wrote:
<quoted text>This is for all you people who sit on your behind and do nothing but complain about the borough.
Um we pay taxes. I clan my own yard and house. I pay taxes soon don't have to clean up a street. That would be like paying someone to mow my lawn then mowing it myself the next day.
Malone

Hatfield, PA

#5 Apr 19, 2013
samcro wrote:
<quoted text>
Um we pay taxes. I clan my own yard and house. I pay taxes soon don't have to clean up a street. That would be like paying someone to mow my lawn then mowing it myself the next day.
You're probably one of the people who throws trash all over and says "I pay taxes so the government should clean it up".
samcro

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Apr 19, 2013
Malone wrote:
<quoted text>You're probably one of the people who throws trash all over and says "I pay taxes so the government should clean it up".
Nope I clean up after myself. Just not cleaning up after others.
Towne

Pennsburg, PA

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Maybe they should start at the corner of 9th and Juniper.
Frosty

Pennsburg, PA

#8 Apr 19, 2013
Yes winter is over maybe the snowmobiles could be put away.
Malone

Hatfield, PA

#9 Apr 20, 2013
samcro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I clean up after myself. Just not cleaning up after others.
Try picking up something that isn't yours once in a while. It won't kill you, and might actually make you feel good. I've had paper accidentally blow away on a windy day, but can't even find it.
Troll

Pennsburg, PA

#10 Apr 20, 2013
Malone wrote:
<quoted text>Try picking up something that isn't yours once in a while. It won't kill you, and might actually make you feel good. I've had paper accidentally blow away on a windy day, but can't even find it.
I pick up things that arn't mine all the time like, welfare checks, food stamps, WICK, health care, unemployment checks, just to name a few. And yes I'm tired of it. Oh and I forgot the taxes that pay for the union workers who don't do a great job.
fig

Oaklyn, NJ

#11 Apr 20, 2013
Really I walk down Juniper Street daily and I had not noticed over the top. The snowmobile is for sale. Stop being an OCD busy body. People have lives amd things to do.
Neighbor

Perkasie, PA

#12 Apr 20, 2013
fig wrote:
Really I walk down Juniper Street daily and I had not noticed over the top. The snowmobile is for sale. Stop being an OCD busy body. People have lives amd things to do.
Thats because the Boro gave them a notice. So keep walking.
Jun Res

Quakertown, PA

#13 Apr 21, 2013
I will agree, that place on the corner of 9th and Juniper is a dump. I'm glad to hear that Qtown Boro is intervening.

I actually feel bad for the new people that moved in next door to them. I would be mortified if I had to live in a twin and the attached neighbors kept their porch the way those people do.

Have some self respect and respect for others......
Fig

Quakertown, PA

#14 Apr 21, 2013
Just moved here 2 months ago so I did not see it looking like a dump.
ethanh

North Wales, PA

#15 Apr 22, 2013
I would be interested in volunteering. I just moved to the area. Please do not take this as sarcasm or for me being flip...this is a serious question. Would this clean up include cleaning trash such as car seats and cans/bottles/debris from front lawns? I am somewhat concerned about the filth around some of the row homes on Juniper. If this clean up gives me an excuse to clean the front areas, I am all up for it.
ethanh

North Wales, PA

#16 Apr 22, 2013
whoops...just missed the most imprtant part where this has already happened! I guess the front lawns were not on that list! sorry for the pointless post then everyone.
retired viewer

Perkasie, PA

#17 Apr 22, 2013
Move already!
Fig

Quakertown, PA

#18 Apr 22, 2013
On my walk today I saw what home you were speaking of. I was walking down the other side and could not see the mess until I walked down 9th street. It is a mess. I thought you were talking about the home located on Juniper with the snowmobile for sale.
Nice

Roseland, NJ

#19 Apr 23, 2013
When did the borough start doing this? I never heard of this being a borough sponsored day.
resident

Perkasie, PA

#20 Apr 23, 2013
When is Quaker Safety going? It's such an eye sore on Juniper>
Info

Quakertown, PA

#21 Apr 23, 2013
resident wrote:
When is Quaker Safety going? It's such an eye sore on Juniper>
What do you mean? The business or the building? The business closed a long time ago. The building could be renovated into nice apartments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 39 min Henri 51,473
Walmart 47 min Jim 1
bus disaster 1 hr TruthBToldSellerv... 38
dance studios 2 hr Just No 3
Quakertown schools limit time spent on homework... 4 hr Richland Resident 14
Why vote for Craig Staats? 4 hr Richland Resident 18
HEliCopters 5 hr Gretchen 4
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••