Liberal Media salivating over the rai...

Liberal Media salivating over the rain in Tampa

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SickOfLibs

Newtown Square, PA

#1 Aug 27, 2012
George Stephanopolass just basically revealed that the media (meaning mainstream liberal media) will be focusing on this tropical storm rather than the Republican Convention.

They are even suggesting that dropping all the balloons and having a party while the storm hits the Chocolate City, possibly on the anniversary of Katrina, would be a no-no.

That was a liberal warning shot fired across the Republican's bow. I can just see the "outrage" coming from all the idiots at NBC over this BS.

Libs are a sick bunch, to say the least.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#2 Aug 27, 2012
SickOfLibs wrote:
George Stephanopolass just basically revealed that the media (meaning mainstream liberal media) will be focusing on this tropical storm rather than the Republican Convention.
They are even suggesting that dropping all the balloons and having a party while the storm hits the Chocolate City, possibly on the anniversary of Katrina, would be a no-no.
That was a liberal warning shot fired across the Republican's bow. I can just see the "outrage" coming from all the idiots at NBC over this BS.
try

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2...

"Republicans, acknowledging the threat of Tropical Storm Isaac, already called off events scheduled for Monday's opening session, delaying the opening of convention business until Tuesday."

""Worst case scenario: We take a day off and work a lot harder the other three days," added Thienel, 64, chairman of the Oakland County Republican Party"

do you really think that the republicans have not considered how it would look if New Orleans got hit again and they are whooping it up?
the PR problem would be pretty bad.
So if anything the republicans would want to acknowledge that the storm could cause major problems and they are concerned about it.

the media will cover the storm as one model shows New Orleans could get hit.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/26/stor...

"The latest track of Tropical Storm Isaac puts more than $36 billion in Gulf Coast residential property at risk of flooding from storm surges, with southeastern Louisiana at greatest peril of huge losses, residential data analysis company CoreLogic said on Sunday.

Isaac bore down on the Florida Keys Sunday afternoon, with the latest National Hurricane Center forecasts suggesting a Mississippi landfall Wednesday morning as a Category 2 hurricane.

Some of the computer models used by meteorologists put Isaac on a more westerly track, though, bringing it directly into or just west of New Orleans."

so what is more important--republican speeches or a storm that could put 36 billion of property at risk?
Info

Newtown Square, PA

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Well SickOfLibs, you have your answer!
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#4 Aug 27, 2012
SickOfLibs wrote:
Actually, it's an opportunity for the Republicans to blast the Democrats for leaving many portions of Louisiana more vulnerable now than before Katrina, notably the poorer districts. Billions have been spent for the Army Corps of Engineers to improve the seawalls around New Orleans, but virtually nothing has been done to replace the buffers that were washed away by erosion in surrounding towns, leaving them even more susceptible to flooding and tidal surges. Aid for Katrina victims was left out of the stimulus bill, amidst some criticism.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-...
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#5 Aug 27, 2012
well rush is on it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/22/limbaug...

" “They are talking about this Hurricane Isaac thing. We, who live in south Florida, become experts on it and we don’t need the National Hurricane Center — we don’t need all these weather dolts analyzing this for us.”

yep you do not need the National Hurricane Center.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#6 Aug 27, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's an opportunity for the Republicans to blast the Democrats for leaving many portions of Louisiana more vulnerable now than before Katrina, notably the poorer districts. Billions have been spent for the Army Corps of Engineers to improve the seawalls around New Orleans, but virtually nothing has been done to replace the buffers that were washed away by erosion in surrounding towns, leaving them even more susceptible to flooding and tidal surges. Aid for Katrina victims was left out of the stimulus bill, amidst some criticism.
from your 2009 article.

"Under the $787 billion stimulus bill, states will share more than $90 billion in infrastructure money. Gulf states such as Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama can use their funds for Katrina-related projects, but they'll get the same formula-based share that other states receive."

I'm sure the republican Governor of Louisiana would want to fix those problems with Federal help.
How far along Gov Jindal got remains to be seen.

" Jindal says he won't leave the state as long as it's in the storm's crosshairs. He had been scheduled to speak at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday.

kudos for Gov Jindal

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/26/bobb...

or

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/26/go...

"Southern Republicans whose states could get hit by approaching Tropical Storm Isaac are canceling GOP convention plans to stay home and make emergency preparations."

Sounds like the right move for those Governors to do.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#7 Aug 27, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
from your 2009 article.
"Under the $787 billion stimulus bill, states will share more than $90 billion in infrastructure money. Gulf states such as Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama can use their funds for Katrina-related projects, but they'll get the same formula-based share that other states receive."
I'm sure the republican Governor of Louisiana would want to fix those problems with Federal help.
" Jindal says he won't leave the state as long as it's in the storm's crosshairs. He had been scheduled to speak at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday.
kudos for Gov Jindal
or
"Southern Republicans whose states could get hit by approaching Tropical Storm Isaac are canceling GOP convention plans to stay home and make emergency preparations."
Confucius say: Dummie who lives in flood plain get wet!
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#8 Aug 27, 2012
dbar wrote:
well rush is on it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/22/limbaug...

" “They are talking about this Hurricane Isaac thing. We, who live in south Florida, become experts on it and we don’t need the National Hurricane Center — we don’t need all these weather dolts analyzing this for us.”

yep you do not need the National Hurricane Center.
If we're going to take Rush's satiric comments seriously, let's pay strict attention to Bill Maher, Michael Moore, and all the other wacko Liberals with microphones. People aren't that stupid (I hope) and will focus on the candidates, not the "entertainment."
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#9 Aug 27, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>from your 2009 article.

kudos for Gov Jindal

or

As I said, money was spent on New Orleans, but not on surrounding areas. Republican Gov. Jindal would have wanted more for his State, but the money went to Democrat-controlled New Orleans and hardly anywhere else.
Politics over people, Chicago politics at that.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#10 Aug 27, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, money was spent on New Orleans, but not on surrounding areas. Republican Gov. Jindal would have wanted more for his State, but the money went to Democrat-controlled New Orleans and hardly anywhere else.
Politics over people, Chicago politics at that.
well i found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

"Jindal met with President Barack Obama in October 2009 where the governor pushed for increased federal dollars to cover rising Medicaid costs, speeding the construction of hurricane-protection barriers,"

i have not seen where the Governor wanted more federal money for hurricane protection for his state but did not get it.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#11 Aug 27, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>well i found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

"Jindal met with President Barack Obama in October 2009 where the governor pushed for increased federal dollars to cover rising Medicaid costs, speeding the construction of hurricane-protection barriers,"

i have not seen where the Governor wanted more federal money for hurricane protection for his state but did not get it.
Jindal was critical of Obama in the aftermath of Katrina and the BP spill. He was told in Chicago style not to say anything publicly. Payback is the way it's done. You can draw your own conclusions.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/22/jindal-...
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#12 Aug 27, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Jindal was critical of Obama in the aftermath of Katrina and the BP spill. He was told in Chicago style not to say anything publicly. Payback is the way it's done. You can draw your own conclusions.
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/22/jindal-...
"Bobby Jindal said that at a meeting with the President during the gulf oil spill" ?

sorry i do not get the tie in with needing funds for areas away from New Orleans.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#13 Aug 27, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>"Bobby Jindal said that at a meeting with the President during the gulf oil spill" ?

sorry i do not get the tie in with needing funds for areas away from New Orleans.
Just an example of how Jindal is on Obama's sh** list. I can't know for sure why the Corps of Engineers ignored the areas outside the City or why more stimulous funds were not earmarked for rebuilding NOLA. What better place for "shovel-ready" jobs?
SickOfLibs

Newtown Square, PA

#14 Aug 28, 2012
Well, Georgie boy was at it again this morning...asking Chris Christie what the political ramifications are going be when they are partying in Tampa while the Chocolate City is being hit by a hurricane.

Damn libs are getting desperate now! This is hilarious!

I can see screamin' Ed Schultz's head turning purple with his "outrage" the "heartless Republicans" don't care about anyone! Chris Matthews will talk so fast that he'll be stuttering!

These assclowns will sink to any low to push their agenda.

OK, dumbar, let's your wacky comments now...LIB.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#15 Aug 28, 2012
SickOfLibs wrote:
Well, Georgie boy was at it again this morning...asking Chris Christie what the political ramifications are going be when they are partying in Tampa while the Chocolate City is being hit by a hurricane.
Damn libs are getting desperate now! This is hilarious!
I can see screamin' Ed Schultz's head turning purple with his "outrage" the "heartless Republicans" don't care about anyone! Chris Matthews will talk so fast that he'll be stuttering!
These assclowns will sink to any low to push their agenda.
OK, dumbar, let's your wacky comments now...LIB.
aside from your insults.

ask Gov Jindal why he will not be joining the party.

if the storm gets really bad i am sure romney will show up and have his butler fill some sandbags.
the republicans have to be careful of the optics of the situation.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#16 Aug 28, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
aside from your insults.
ask Gov Jindal why he will not be joining the party.
if the storm gets really bad i am sure romney will show up and have his butler fill some sandbags.
the republicans have to be careful of the optics of the situation.
I think the tone of the convention will reflect the seriousness of the damage inflicted. But Jindal did the right thing. Cancelling or moving the convention now would be a devastating blow to the city. Let's just pray for the people in the path of the storm.

Did you see last night Romney said he buys his shirts at Costco? Maybe he sends his "butler"? Keep the myth alive LOL. Where do you think John Kerry and John Edwards bought their shirts? Kerry-Heinz's BUTLERS had Butlers!

Meanwhile, the Dems have a slate of speakers scheduled for their convention - including Eva Longoria from the Desparate Housewives TV show, Sandra Fluck of "Pay for my birth control, please" fame, and various useful idiots from the gay marriage/military, anti-Bain Capital, race-baiting black "leaders", dream-act loving Latinos, and scared seniors. All the groups Obama is pandering and lying to in his bid for re-election.

What's missing? A plan for putting America back to work, improving the economy, reducing the debt and balancing the budget - you know, all the things he failed to do in his first four years. Things that are WORSE now than when he took office. I guess he doesn't really want to talk about those pesky things or what he would do differently in the next four to deserve re-election.
Norm

Camp Hill, PA

#17 Aug 28, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama isn't worried about those areas because the majority of the residents are Black, and he is entitled to their vote regardless of whether he cares for their safety or not.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#18 Aug 28, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the tone of the convention will reflect the seriousness of the damage inflicted. But Jindal did the right thing. Cancelling or moving the convention now would be a devastating blow to the city. Let's just pray for the people in the path of the storm.
Did you see last night Romney said he buys his shirts at Costco? Maybe he sends his "butler"? Keep the myth alive LOL. Where do you think John Kerry and John Edwards bought their shirts? Kerry-Heinz's BUTLERS had Butlers!
Meanwhile, the Dems have a slate of speakers scheduled for their convention - including Eva Longoria from the Desparate Housewives TV show, Sandra Fluck of "Pay for my birth control, please" fame, and various useful idiots from the gay marriage/military, anti-Bain Capital, race-baiting black "leaders", dream-act loving Latinos, and scared seniors. All the groups Obama is pandering and lying to in his bid for re-election.
What's missing? A plan for putting America back to work, improving the economy, reducing the debt and balancing the budget - you know, all the things he failed to do in his first four years. Things that are WORSE now than when he took office. I guess he doesn't really want to talk about those pesky things or what he would do differently in the next four to deserve re-election.
i gave Jindal credit for his actions.
he is doing the correct thing.
as to romney and his butler remember who i was responding to.
no need to be so thin-skinned--yet later you like to drop napalm.
now if romney sends someone to buy his shirts--good for him.
i could care less how much wealth romney has.

gee in your rant all the people who will be speaking at the Democratic convention will be lying.
they have not made any speeches yet your crystal ball know all.
really?
Haha

Newtown Square, PA

#19 Aug 28, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Since he can't run on his record, he has to scare people into voting for him...or the big, bad, Republican will come and get them!

ROMNEY 2012!!!!!
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#20 Aug 28, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama isn't worried about those areas because the majority of the residents are Black, and he is entitled to their vote regardless of whether he cares for their safety or not.
Unfortunately, you are correct. He's certainly done nothing to deserve their vote, at least the people who want to work and get off the government dole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) 17 hr Its Time 150
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) 18 hr RUKidding 199
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Jul 20 Carphunter64 167
why is george weisbrod working at the sellersvi... (May '14) Jul 20 Government Worker 2
Opioid commercials are funny.... Jul 19 Fistocles 4
Sitting on your driveway (Aug '10) Jul 19 Enter Username 18
The Q-Town Mural. Jul 18 Trey Gowdy 2

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages