Urban Edge aka Evolve
kyle

United States

#22 Aug 6, 2010
That is a good question. I know of three people all local service providers who were stiffed by these guys so it is not a lie. I saw the one owner working in his yard and his home is no prize. Like the other pister said it makes no sense. They must have got a backer
hate dumb people wrote:
<quoted text>First of all if they don't pay their bills,how would a business be around for 9yrs.Women care more about their hair then a soft lisp,I don't yhink that makes them DUMB.I hope John's taking your hard earned money,because we'll know your wife will have nice hair!I know I have great hair from him!
Just The Truth

Absecon, NJ

#23 Aug 7, 2010
Wowzaz wrote:
I wish nothing but bad luck on those fruits.. They're nice people, but very shady businessmen. Notorious for not paying employees or their bills. The little fat one is the shyster, and his husband John is a dum dum who does very average work. Dumb housewives are willing to spend there husband's hard earned money on over priced haircuts, and they think there stylist is incredible cause he talks with a soft lisp.
The little fat one who looks like a troll you mean ?
He works for the Cindy on Juniper st. now.I would pay anyone more money to stay away from that place.Rated worst shop in Quakertown.
Worst cut ever

United States

#24 Sep 5, 2010
Avoid Urban Edge!! Paid top dollar for Allison ( top tier stylist, cough cough) and she cut off almost all my hair!! By the time I realized what had been done, it was too late. She had to cut off MORE to even it out. I left in tears. It took over a year for my hair to grow back. I told everyone I could about it and to avoid that place at all costs!! John at Joli Studio in Montgomery Mall is the greatest!!! I had been going to Joli (John only) for many years and needed to find someone while he was out on medical leave. Big mistake there!! Thank God John is back and his health is better!! Lesson learned!
LOL

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Sep 5, 2010
Just The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The little fat one who looks like a troll you mean ?
He works for the Cindy on Juniper st. now.I would pay anyone more money to stay away from that place.Rated worst shop in Quakertown.
John at Cynde's is not fat and does not look like a troll, you have him mixed up with someone else, I worked with John at Urban Edge who has since moved his place of employment over to Cynde's a while back, about 3 years ago, and as far as being rated the worst, the #'s prove your case differently, I myself before joining the beauty biz, found it hard to find someone who could work with my difficult hair, about 30 years. I HAVE COME TO FIND THAT NOT EVERY SERVICE PROVIDER CAN PERFORM MIRACLE'S FOR EVERYONE THAT WALKS IN THE DOOR, JUST LIKE GOING TO THE DOCTOR, YOU FIND SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO SWITCH UNTIL YOU FIND JUST THE RIGHT ONE, AND EVERY SERVICE PROVIDER HAS WHAT ARENA THEY ROCK IN, IT MAY BE THEY DO AWESOME SHORT CUTS, OR GREAT MEN'S CUT'S OR MIND BLOWING BLOW OUT'S! WHICH LEADS ME TO ASK DO YOU ROCK IN ALL ARENA'S OF LIFE, THIS WHOLE URBAN EDGE SHIT IS FOR THE BIRD'S, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO SOMEPLACE ELSE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF SALONS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR BUSINESS, SO YOU CAN BASH THEM TOO!
Name Unknown

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#26 Sep 5, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
John at Cynde's is not fat and does not look like a troll, you have him mixed up with someone else, I worked with John at Urban Edge who has since moved his place of employment over to Cynde's a while back, about 3 years ago, and as far as being rated the worst, the #'s prove your case differently, I myself before joining the beauty biz, found it hard to find someone who could work with my difficult hair, about 30 years. I HAVE COME TO FIND THAT NOT EVERY SERVICE PROVIDER CAN PERFORM MIRACLE'S FOR EVERYONE THAT WALKS IN THE DOOR, JUST LIKE GOING TO THE DOCTOR, YOU FIND SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO SWITCH UNTIL YOU FIND JUST THE RIGHT ONE, AND EVERY SERVICE PROVIDER HAS WHAT ARENA THEY ROCK IN, IT MAY BE THEY DO AWESOME SHORT CUTS, OR GREAT MEN'S CUT'S OR MIND BLOWING BLOW OUT'S! WHICH LEADS ME TO ASK DO YOU ROCK IN ALL ARENA'S OF LIFE, THIS WHOLE URBAN EDGE SHIT IS FOR THE BIRD'S, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO SOMEPLACE ELSE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF SALONS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR BUSINESS, SO YOU CAN BASH THEM TOO!
I read your thread until it went to all caps, then it hurt my eyes. You must have accidentally hit your 'Caps Lock' key.
Michelle

Perkasie, PA

#27 Sep 14, 2010
I went in for a full day of pampering a while back, the massage was great... I loved my facial, though the woman chatted too much, where I prefer to relax in silence during treatments. I would go back for either.

My haircut was lack luster. It was pretty poorly done, and I would not be doing back. I normally go down to Yardley to a place called Blush for my haircuts,( I moved from lower bucks a year ago, and have been going there for a few years) but after the dissapointing haircut, I will not be going back to Urban Edge, and just sucking up the trip to the drive to Yardley.
Lori

Warrington, PA

#28 Mar 17, 2011
I received a gift card for Christmas (50.00) from my Mother in Law (she bought in November)and next thing I know the windows of Urban edge are papered over. Humm. Ok, No problem I will call the new salon same owner I am SURE they will honor it, Right? Wrong. So They took the money KNOWING they were closing the store, changing the name and had no intention of honoring any of the gift cards sold. Shame on them.
What

Quakertown, PA

#29 Mar 17, 2011
Maybe it was a regift from a while back, Minaj Salon & spa opened in the old urban edge space, and is only papered up cause they couldn't come up with the rent. Not because urban edge papered it. Urban edge was not selling urban edge gift certs due to the move, for months before thier move, you were able to purchase gift certs for the new Evolve. When did your in law purchase the Gift Card, you might want to ask her.
timbo

Wayne, PA

#30 Aug 13, 2011
Wowzaz wrote:
I wish nothing but bad luck on those fruits.. They're nice people, but very shady businessmen. Notorious for not paying employees or their bills. The little fat one is the shyster, and his husband John is a dum dum who does very average work. Dumb housewives are willing to spend there husband's hard earned money on over priced haircuts, and they think there stylist is incredible cause he talks with a soft lisp.
Fruits ?? Really? and what does a lisp have to do with anything. Homophobe much
Chrissy McDonald

Quakertown, PA

#31 Nov 2, 2011
OMG some people kill me, if you can't afford John then don't use him ... but don't bash him either. He has done my hair several times and it looked fantastic and worth ever bit of the 200 it cost for my cut and highlight. Apparently you are use to going to Holiday hair or something who's prices are rather high for the Quality of work that they do... Just Sayin'
Chrissy McDonald

Quakertown, PA

#32 Nov 2, 2011
Oh and I happen to live right down the street from them and think they have a very nice single home :)
Ladybug

Perkasie, PA

#33 Aug 31, 2012
So? What/who is at 1301 W Broad now?

Urban Edge is long gone.
Minaj isnt there.
Salon Devalle?
Are they open or closed?

(is there a curse on that building?)
Wondering

Lansdale, PA

#34 Sep 19, 2012
I am wondering the same. Just called Salon DeValle to book an appt. with Amanda and she is now gone. Amanda - where are you?
meyo

Levittown, PA

#35 Sep 19, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I am wondering the same. Just called Salon DeValle to book an appt. with Amanda and she is now gone. Amanda - where are you?
Hi this is Amandas husband email her @ [email protected],thanks
Sally

Levittown, PA

#36 Sep 19, 2012
Ladybug wrote:
So? What/who is at 1301 W Broad now?
Urban Edge is long gone.
Minaj isnt there.
Salon Devalle?
Are they open or closed?
(is there a curse on that building?)
Not sure. Last time I was in there the guy sounded like he was coughing up a lung ? Maybe all the chain smoking caught up with him.
Sad

Quakertown, PA

#37 Sep 19, 2012
Sally wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure. Last time I was in there the guy sounded like he was coughing up a lung ? Maybe all the chain smoking caught up with him.
It's a shame that the smoking is such a issue because he could give one hell of a cut. But I never went back because the smell is not what I wanted when trying to relax in the chair.
Jen

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Sep 20, 2012
Salon Devalle doesn't compare to Dazzle, which is half block down on Main. Try it, great styles.
Jennifer Winter

Broomall, PA

#39 Sep 20, 2012
I think it took maybe 15 minutes before the salon phone rang to tell me that someone wis once again starting havoc on topix. While I use to be an avid poster I no longer read this forum because of the overwhealming amounts of foolishness this board has become. It tends to dwell in negativity and rarely offers a positive solution to the issues our small town faces.

To address the situation. I did not post the above post. I do not nor have I ever had it out for Amanda. I see now she is married. I wish her luck in her life and career. I am sorry she was not happy with time she spent her at my salon. We have parted ways 4 years ago and really wish we cound move on from the situation.
I also want to say I have no problem with Salon Devalle or any other salon in the area. I have many salon owners as friends and work professionally with them without a problem.John is known as a talented stylist in the area and I would gain nothing by putting down anothers accompolishments.

If history repeats itself then my salon is about to be slammed by a bunch of false stories and I am about to be wrongfully slandered.
I care very much about my bussiness. It is my passion and I am 100% dedicated to it. Have a made mistakes? Of coarse I have ! I learned from them and changed things for the better. If you are ever unhappy in my bussiness or with the service you get at my salon. Please tell me. I will do all I can to make it right. I stand by the work that walks out
Jennifer Winter

Broomall, PA

#40 Sep 20, 2012
As for the reviews that are about to be written on this site. For an accurate true review of experiences please visit https://www.facebook.com/Dazzlestudio... #!/Dazzlestudio/app_1424640191 05982
These are certified reviews from clients new and old.They are certified to be true and will give you a much better idea of what goes on behind the walls at Dazzle then an anonymous web site.

Once again please lets not do this again. Best of luck
Jennifer
Chrissy

Emmaus, PA

#41 Sep 21, 2012
Don't salon owners use print advertising anymore?
Weird and petty sounding. With 20,000 people in the area, you think there is plenty of business for all.
Jennifer Winter wrote:
As for the reviews that are about to be written on this site. For an accurate true review of experiences please visit https://www.facebook.com/Dazzlestudio... #!/Dazzlestudio/app_1424640191 05982
These are certified reviews from clients new and old.They are certified to be true and will give you a much better idea of what goes on behind the walls at Dazzle then an anonymous web site.
Once again please lets not do this again. Best of luck
Jennifer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going up at the corner of Tollgate and ... 6 hr bob 22
Outrageous Prices for a haircut in Qtown Nov 29 Bad Cuts 12
Is God Real? (Mar '13) Nov 29 macholibre 304
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Nov 27 Its Time 147
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Nov 26 TLoch 770
Maranatha Park (Oct '06) Nov 25 Paul Delacot 25
School zone timing? Nov 25 me 10

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance