Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

I was at the Promonade and saw the location of the new salon. I then went on to website. Wow the prices are crazy!$40.00 for the newbie up to $75.00 for a cut. I can get a color and a cut for that. I wish them luck. I really do.
They are making a bold move.
Jewels

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Are they really that good? If so, you don't mind paying but I would like to hear some feedback first before shelling out that kind of money. I paid $85.00 down in the city once for a haircut and it was the best cut and best experience of my life. I was give a black, smock type robe to change into so I didn't get any hair on my clothing and then I was offered a beverage of my choice. The wash alone was so relaxing and was more of a ten minute massage. Then the stylist sat with me and we discussed several options for a cut. It was really a great experience and well worth the price.
ohjeezlouise

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

I can recommend a place not to go....Rapunzels in Lansdale. FYI, I cried when I left. I never in a million years would have thought a $75.00 haircut would make me cry the way it did.

The best advice I can give is find a friend that always has great haircuts and ask them where they go. I know Essentials in Doylestown does a fabulous job, but they tend to be a little more expensive too, but worth it.
Blah

Souderton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Tried every stylist there,even the boyz. Not one was worth $30. let alone $75.Had my hair cut @ Vidal Sasoon in London, nothing has ever cmpared to that..
Wowzaz

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

I wish nothing but bad luck on those fruits.. They're nice people, but very shady businessmen. Notorious for not paying employees or their bills. The little fat one is the shyster, and his husband John is a dum dum who does very average work. Dumb housewives are willing to spend there husband's hard earned money on over priced haircuts, and they think there stylist is incredible cause he talks with a soft lisp.
Georgia

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

I have heard the same thing about bad debts. I wonder where the money to finance such a venture came from. That place is not that busy.
bucksres

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Oh i couldnt disagree with you more. I think John is great, he took the time to look over the shape of my face and gave me a GREAT haircut!! I am financially in bad shape right now and went to hair cuttery for a trim and its horrible, my hair is just blah now, I cant wait til my finances are better so I can go back and have John fix me up!
employee

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Georgia wrote:
I have heard the same thing about bad debts. I wonder where the money to finance such a venture came from. That place is not that busy.
Call and ask them, they will tell you.
Client of UE

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Why don't you just tell us? I admit I am nosey. I would be embarrassed to ask Gwen in person.
Ask the owners

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Client of UE wrote:
Why don't you just tell us? I admit I am nosey. I would be embarrassed to ask Gwen in person.
I'll let Gwen know for you that your interested in the information.
Just ask her, I do all the time.
LMAO

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Client of UE wrote:
LMAO
Not

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Ask the owners wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let Gwen know for you that your interested in the information.
Just ask her, I do all the time.
Why would you publish an employee's name? Ya wanna get her in trouble?
Cant Wait

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

I am a current client who cannot wait for Evolve to Evolve, yyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhh! I love everyone at Urban Edge, down to earth people, I am soooooooooooo happy yippeeeee.
joel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

bucksres wrote:
Oh i couldnt disagree with you more. I think John is great, he took the time to look over the shape of my face and gave me a GREAT haircut!! I am financially in bad shape right now and went to hair cuttery for a trim and its horrible, my hair is just blah now, I cant wait til my finances are better so I can go back and have John fix me up!
maybe john should fix you up with a rich man.
McWhat

Plymouth Meeting, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately, my first (and last experience) at Urban Edge was not a good one. I had high hopes when I went in, but I got a bad haircut (a simple trim turned into a nightmare), and the people there weren't exactly nice. :( Bummer
lmfao

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Judged:

McWhat wrote:
Unfortunately, my first (and last experience) at Urban Edge was not a good one. I had high hopes when I went in, but I got a bad haircut (a simple trim turned into a nightmare), and the people there weren't exactly nice.:( Bummer
Maybe if you had the chance to work for Urban Edge, you would see why the employee's weren't exactly nice, I am a client of thier's and am routinely appaled by what goes on behind the scene's that isn't so behind but put right out there for all to see.
bucksres

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

joel wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe john should fix you up with a rich man.
ha ha ha yeah well that would come about 10 years to late. Married with 2 kids, oh well!!
Sure

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

lmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you had the chance to work for Urban Edge, you would see why the employee's weren't exactly nice, I am a client of thier's and am routinely appaled by what goes on behind the scene's that isn't so behind but put right out there for all to see.
Like that makes a difference?If you are serving the public. Like your situation or not, You must do it with a smile. If you don't like it leave.I will stick with Dazzle unless they go bonkers in prices too....
hate dumb people

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Judged:

lmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were appaled,why do routinely return?
hate dumb people

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Wowzaz wrote:
I wish nothing but bad luck on those fruits.. They're nice people, but very shady businessmen. Notorious for not paying employees or their bills. The little fat one is the shyster, and his husband John is a dum dum who does very average work. Dumb housewives are willing to spend there husband's hard earned money on over priced haircuts, and they think there stylist is incredible cause he talks with a soft lisp.
First of all if they don't pay their bills,how would a business be around for 9yrs.Women care more about their hair then a soft lisp,I don't yhink that makes them DUMB.I hope John's taking your hard earned money,because we'll know your wife will have nice hair!I know I have great hair from him!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Slouching towards Dystopia 2 hr TerryE 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr snag 3,810
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 4 hr Tim Arnold 139
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) 13 hr QT-cutie 744
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 17 hr More Settled Science 51,184
What is the primary function of the U.S. Govern... 20 hr TerryE 4
Zorro's? 20 hr Huh 3
•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••