Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

My favorite time of the day is when my family has devotions together. We read a chapter in the Bible and pray together. No matter how difficult the day has been, this time together as a family helps to keep us together and keeps us focused on our wonderful Lord. May His will be done on earth as it is in heaven!

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

the higher road wrote:
My favorite time of the day is when my family has devotions together. We read a chapter in the Bible and pray together. No matter how difficult the day has been, this time together as a family helps to keep us together and keeps us focused on our wonderful Lord. May His will be done on earth as it is in heaven!
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
If you don't mind me asking, how old are your children?
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

My youngest son and I still have Bible & prayer time together. It is a joyful time of the day and it keeps us in touch with what's going on in each other lives. We just read I John, Chapter 1 last night and a page from Charles Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening."

All families should have a time like this in their day. It really builds love, unity, and communication in this difficult world where the family is constantly being attacked.

A healthy community and country starts in the home where God's love is the center of the family.
BestTime

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

the higher road wrote:
My favorite time of the day is every morning when I get a hummer.
the higher road

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't mind me asking, how old are your children?
They're old enough now to understand the Bible and seriously discuss doctrine. When they were preschoolers, our favorite was "The Bible Promise Book for Preschoolers" and when they were in elementary school, we read every night before prayers "Everyday With God."

There are lots of age-appropriate Bible study books you can share with your children that will bless your hearts and grow your faith.

God bless you and your loved ones. Peace and happiness on your home. Shalom!
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

the higher road wrote:
<quoted text>They're old enough now to understand the Bible and seriously discuss doctrine. When they were preschoolers, our favorite was "The Bible Promise Book for Preschoolers" and when they were in elementary school, we read every night before prayers "Everyday With God."

There are lots of age-appropriate Bible study books you can share with your children that will bless your hearts and grow your faith.

God bless you and your loved ones. Peace and happiness on your home. Shalom!
Thank you and blessings to you also. I think it's wonderful that you can share your faith with your children in today's world. I wondered how teenagers might feel about it, considering the peer pressure and rise in atheism.
smiley

Tamaqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

I believe that its irrepsonsible behavoir on part of a parent if they fail to provide the "tools" their child needs to develope their spirituality.

Beginning with baptismal, holy communion, prayers, bible stories for the young children and espe. familys attending church services together.

As I research out my familys ancestry I am discovering that many of them died during the spanish flu.

Both of my paternal and maternal grandparents loss their mothers, sisters, wifes and some brother inlaws and cousins all in the same yr!

I ask myself how did they carry on, endured such loss! They werent able to call in sick to work, or take a leave of absence. Where was the "grief counselor" for the survivors, the "shrink"???

To add to the stress they were forced to find another spouse.
The men couldnt care for the child without the father.
The women had to find a hubby or the coal companies wouldnt allow them to continue to live in the "company" owned homes.

The children in those days had to embrace the steparent as they would their own biological parent. If not they were shown the door, and in some cases sent to orphanages! My How did these familys ever survive and THRIVE without the intervention of Children and Youth or some other gov agency?

The 1 thing many of the immigrants had in common was their strong convictions to God and their religion.

These immigrants played an important role in building our nation, while their own personal lifes were filled with emotional pain, and grief.

Todays people could NEVER endure what those immigrants did and be productive members of society.

Many folks are now unable to or dont know how to turn to God. God has been replaced by medications, drugs, acting out violently and other socially unacceptable beahvoirs.

God has been replaced with the intervention from some outside source other than a man of the cloth.
Folks nowadays dont turn to God for the answers...or their minister, priests.

The man of the cloth as been replaced by some Gov employee- children and youth, rehab centers, grief counselors etc etc...

Many folks today cant look inside of themselves and draw upon their "belief in God" to get them through tough times, to provide them with endurance to carry on.

We are a nation of weak, helpless folks..who have lost their way.

Rich Land Rich Man

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

BestTime wrote:
<quoted text>My favorite time of the day is every morning when I get a hummer.
Yeah, but it's a used one. LOL.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Rich Land Rich Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And can you imagine the size of his garage?
BestTime

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Rich Land Rich Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, but if you don't use it you lose it lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
smoking nurses 47 min Snowman 50
A Plus Family Dental 11 hr Opinion 13
Trailer hitch installation (Jan '11) 13 hr Shelly Slader 4
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 16 hr T Wolf 51,196
heller road 18 hr Uncle Freddy 16
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 19 hr Eddie Swindell 3,824
How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) 20 hr Lisa 91
•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Quakertown People Search