PAcheryl

Sellersville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Is it true that the "Cracker Barrel Restaurant" is coming to Quakertown???
Oh Boy

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Hope not Yuck. More chain restaurant processed food.
not a big deal

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

If it is, it'll go in by the Turnpike. They like major interchanges. I used to live by the one in Fogelsville at Route 100 and I-78. I think that its overrated . . .
bucksres

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

oh i agree, what is all the fuss about with this place? seriously its gross! everytime i have everbeen DRAGGED there its packed. its like bad cafeteria food. i mean the only good thing is when something new opens in the area is that it generates some sort of employment for the area. but it would be nice to get like a chipolte or saladworks, something on the healthy side! lord knows they have plenty of room to put something like that up by the turnpike.
Tom123456

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Ugh, like Quakertown residents need to get FATTER??
Thinker

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

PAcheryl wrote:
Is it true that the "Cracker Barrel Restaurant" is coming to Quakertown???
Just what we need more junk food! I wqish insteed of raising all taxes they would tax all you that keep eating all this crap food.Not to mention killing your kids with.
Local

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

I'd like to see a Baja Fresh. Just ate at the one in Montgomeryville yesterday...excellent.
fast food paradise

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

These big corporate fast food chains have enormous amounts of demographic data at their disposal through both private research and the U.S. Census that they slice and dice using computer programs. They see that Quakertown has a lot of busy highways (logical), relatively low levels of income/education (oddly enough they consider this), and a high number of rental units (they consider this too). Healthy (read expensive) food alternatives are therefore not going to locate here but unhealthy, cheap fast food places will clump together here in droves.

The only way we're going to get a better mix of restaurants is if the area not only grows but grows wealthier too. Unfortunately the marketing people see us as a little downscale compared to much of the Bux-Mont region right now
Enough

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

fast food paradise wrote:
These big corporate fast food chains have enormous amounts of demographic data at their disposal through both private research and the U.S. Census that they slice and dice using computer programs. They see that Quakertown has a lot of busy highways (logical), relatively low levels of income/education (oddly enough they consider this), and a high number of rental units (they consider this too). Healthy (read expensive) food alternatives are therefore not going to locate here but unhealthy, cheap fast food places will clump together here in droves.
The only way we're going to get a better mix of restaurants is if the area not only grows but grows wealthier too. Unfortunately the marketing people see us as a little downscale compared to much of the Bux-Mont region right now
The concept you're describing is called data mining. They use complex computer algorithms to obtain this type of data...and it's very effective, especially when they have large quantities and varieties of data at hand.
Plaza

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

fast food paradise wrote:
You're absolutely right. Big name enterprises take an awful lot into account before locating to a particular area. Wal-Mart does a phenomenal amount of research and planning before they even suggest the idea to a municipality. I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on revitalization, however, up scale merchants and dining just doesn't fit into the "majority" of the Quakertown area population. The fast food craze wasn't created overnight and it isn't based on competition. Give the majority what they can afford and want and fast food will thrive.
Summer

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

On the up side, if they build, they would pay a significant amount of taxes into the area and bring some employment. they should put it where the strip club was. Is that borough or township?

I haven't heard anything so it's likely not true.

Baja Fresh is owned by Wendys....and they have plenty of unhealthy choices. Nachos have more calories and fat than 3 Quarter Pounders, Quesadillas are over 1200 calories and have two days worth of saturated fat. The kids meal has 27 grams of fat.

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds.

I'm not sure I think eating out is ever healthy.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/200309301.html

Surprisingly...taco bell's fresco menu has many items under 300 calories & 5 g of fat....but eating there makes me ill, lol!
In Milford Township

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Summer wrote:
On the up side, if they build, they would pay a significant amount of taxes into the area and bring some employment. they should put it where the strip club was. Is that borough or township?
Baja Fresh is owned by Wendys....and they have plenty of unhealthy choices. Nachos have more calories and fat than 3 Quarter Pounders, Quesadillas are over 1200 calories and have two days worth of saturated fat. The kids meal has 27 grams of fat.
Surprisingly...taco bell's fresco menu has many items under 300 calories & 5 g of fat....but eating there makes me ill, lol!
The former Coyotes nightclub's building is in Milford Township ...
weaver

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Summer wrote:
You sure Chipotle is owned by McDonald's?? I thought that was its own entity.
weaver

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Chipotle is one of the first chains of fast casual dining establishments.[9] From 1998 to 2006, McDonald's Corporation owned a majority interest in Chipotle, but fully divested their interest in 2006.[10]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Quakertown Forum right now

Search the Quakertown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 50 min Taxpayer 134
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr G Bush 51,178
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Bobby Homestead the Man 3,800
Heroin Drug Dealer Busted- Juniper Street 8 hr I love heroin 52
What is the primary function of the U.S. Govern... 18 hr Inquiring Mind 3
Best Bar in Quakertown Sun Tim Arnold 13
How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) Sun Terry 88
•••
•••

Quakertown News Video

•••
•••

Quakertown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000