Quakertown District Adjusts School Ca...

Quakertown District Adjusts School Calendar

Posted in the Quakertown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tonight

Perkasie, PA

#1 Dec 9, 2012
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-municipal-...

Quakertown district adjusts school calendar

Quakertown Community School District has tweaked its school calendar to make up five weather emergency days used during Superstorm Sandy and subsequent power outages.

Students will now attend classes on Feb. 15, March 28, April 22 and June 14, school officials said at Monday's school board meeting.

The last day of school is tentatively set for June 14, according to Superintendent Lisa Andrejko.

"If needed, because we have additional snow days to cover the rest of the year, we have four additional days," Andrejko said.

Jan. 21, Feb. 18, April 1 and May 21 have been designated as available make-up days, Andrejko said.

Graduation for the Class of 2013 is tentatively planned for the week of June 14, although no date has been set.

"We certainly don't want to go into the week of June 15 or June 24, but we haven't gotten through the winter yet either," Andrejko said.

Although public school districts are allowed under state law to open schools on Saturdays, Andrejko said neither administrators nor school directors are talking about holding school on Saturdays to make up lost time.

"We're just not there yet," Andrejko said.

Freelance writer Melinda Rizzo

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 9, 2012
America's youth needs all the instructional minutes they can get.
Lynn

Quakertown, PA

#3 Dec 23, 2012
Yes, my 10th grader watched "Finding Nemo" in Biology the other day. I can see QCSD is in desperate need of making up those lost instructional days.
Nope

Broomall, PA

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Lynn wrote:
Yes, my 10th grader watched "Finding Nemo" in Biology the other day. I can see QCSD is in desperate need of making up those lost instructional days.
It's called a Christmas Party, you idiot. ALL schools have them.
Idiot

Quakertown, PA

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called a Christmas Party, you idiot. ALL schools have them.
Yes just another free day the overpaid teachers don't have to teach, you jerk.
Whoville

Broomall, PA

#6 Dec 24, 2012
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Yes just another free day the overpaid teachers don't have to teach, you jerk.
Wow, you must be the...the...the...The Grinch!!!!!!!

Didn't you have Christmas parties when you were in school, Mr. Grinch?

Or is it Ebenezer Scrooge?

Bah, humbug on you!
Accompolished

Newtown Square, PA

#7 Dec 24, 2012
Even Ebenezer took time to go to Fizziwigs party!

You would think with the recent tragedy there might be a little more respect for teachers. SMH I guess ignorance is a disease not easily cured.
Wower

Perkasie, PA

#8 Dec 25, 2012
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Yes just another free day the overpaid teachers don't have to teach, you jerk.
One day won't matter. Ever since the Bush "no child left behind" law, they just read the questions and answers that will be on the tests.
joe

Lansdowne, PA

#9 Dec 25, 2012
Wower wrote:
<quoted text>One day won't matter. Ever since the Bush "no child left behind" law, they just read the questions and answers that will be on the tests.
And you blame the teachers for that?
Wower

Perkasie, PA

#10 Dec 26, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And you blame the teachers for that?
No, I blame Bush for that. There are only so many days a teacher can teach the same test answers over and over.
Yawn

Broomall, PA

#11 Dec 26, 2012
Wower wrote:
<quoted text>No, I blame Bush for that. There are only so many days a teacher can teach the same test answers over and over.
If it's so bad, why hasn't Obama repealed it in the last 4 years?
Wait_What

Broomall, PA

#12 Dec 26, 2012
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>If it's so bad, why hasn't Obama repealed it in the last 4 years?
32 states have been release from it so far. some of them conditionally.

Also, the law expired in 2007, but nothing new has been brought to the table so it is automatically extended until something is.
perkasie peep

Emmaus, PA

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Nemo for a 10th grade Christmas party? Thank God my kids are in private school...qtown sucks...
Richland Res

Broomall, PA

#14 Dec 27, 2012
perkasie peep wrote:
Nemo for a 10th grade Christmas party? Thank God my kids are in private school...qtown sucks...
At our office Christmas party several years ago, we watched The Santa Clause.

So, what's your point? It was a party and they probably had fun.
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Dec 28, 2012
Lynn wrote:
Yes, my 10th grader watched "Finding Nemo" in Biology the other day. I can see QCSD is in desperate need of making up those lost instructional days.
This is a movie for children, not 15-16 year old kids. And you wonder why kids are so damn immature these days.
nomorebho

Quakertown, PA

#16 Dec 28, 2012
I'm 42 and still love "Finding Nemo".
Rich Land Rich Man

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Lehigh Valley Resident wrote:
<quoted text>This is a movie for children, not 15-16 year old kids. And you wonder why kids are so damn immature these days.
15 year olds are "kids" but not "children"?? What's the age cutoff?
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jan 8, 2013
Rich Land Rich Man wrote:
<quoted text>
15 year olds are "kids" but not "children"?? What's the age cutoff?
When I was 15, I sure wasn't watching movies like Finding Nemo. And the local High School sure wasn't showing them either. Then again, I didn't have the honor of going to QHS.
Wow

Broomall, PA

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Lehigh Valley Resident wrote:
<quoted text>When I was 15, I sure wasn't watching movies like Finding Nemo. And the local High School sure wasn't showing them either. Then again, I didn't have the honor of going to QHS.
So what? You're just a troll anyway.

You never have ANYTHING positive to say about this town. You moved up to Coopersburg. Find something to complain about up there.
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jan 9, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? You're just a troll anyway.
You never have ANYTHING positive to say about this town. You moved up to Coopersburg. Find something to complain about up there.
Actually I moved to Center Valley. Not much to complain about up here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dry cleaners wow! Thu Tired of it all 9
gold spa prostitution asian women (Aug '10) Jan 15 Tennfan 149
News Students to be punished for hurling rocks, raci... Jan 15 american 18
New Sign on 309 Jan 13 Redicurous 17
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Jan 12 Tired of it all 781
Need a great hair stylist Jan 10 Mary 23
school bus. Jan 7 merry marie 28

Quakertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages