QCSD Board Members
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Next Election

Quakertown, PA

#1 Apr 12, 2018
I hope pauls cronies enjoy what is left of their time on the school board. They will be unseated one by one as each new election takes place. Mitchell, Weed, Miccucci, and Ochmaowicz are the only members who question spending and are actively seeking answers to issues. The others seem to blindly follow the administrations reccomendations and vote in favor of those reccomendations without even considering other options. I guess thats the difference between people who actually care about how their decisions affect people and politicians.
Good as Gone

Quakertown, PA

#2 Apr 12, 2018
Without a doubt. This community is in full support of the 4 newest members. Open minded, no hidden agendas. The old politician style of talking out of both sides of your mouth is dead in 2018. I think that Anderson guy might be the poster child for that. Sits up there collecting his teacher pension complaining about how much teachers make. I guess negotiating in his best interest when he was a teacher was ok but shame on others who do it. Did he consider the taxpayer when he was part of the union. No, he taught through some of the highest raises in the history of qcsd. Essentially hes part of the reason teacher pay got so high.
Tired of it all

Quakertown, PA

#4 Apr 14, 2018
Good as Gone wrote:
Without a doubt. This community is in full support of the 4 newest members. Open minded, no hidden agendas. The old politician style of talking out of both sides of your mouth is dead in 2018. I think that Anderson guy might be the poster child for that. Sits up there collecting his teacher pension complaining about how much teachers make. I guess negotiating in his best interest when he was a teacher was ok but shame on others who do it. Did he consider the taxpayer when he was part of the union. No, he taught through some of the highest raises in the history of qcsd. Essentially hes part of the reason teacher pay got so high.
You can't make a statement that the community is in full support of the 4 newest members. Did you take a survey? You can say that the majority of the voters (that voted) supported the 4 newest members, but what percent of the registered voters came out to vote for the school board?
Good as Gone

United States

#5 Apr 15, 2018
Ok, you got me, i said full suuport but meant the majority. So I'll rephrase. The majority of this community supports the 4 newest members, so at the next election, one of the old guard will be picked off by whoever the 4 newest support. Meaning the majority of the community will once again vote out pauls leftovers who are responsible for getting us to this dismall financial state with poor decision making. Hope that clarifies things.
Curious

Springfield, PA

#6 Apr 15, 2018
Are five members of the school board up for election in 2019? If so, who are they?
Tired of it all

Quakertown, PA

#8 Apr 16, 2018
Curious wrote:
Are five members of the school board up for election in 2019? If so, who are they?
According to the QCSD website; Anderson, Kern, Klein, Jackson and Sedicum are up in 2019.
Bye Bye Bye

Quakertown, PA

#9 Apr 17, 2018
Its just a shame that this community has to endure a year and half of 5 old guard members who think the way to votes is by going after teachers. That Ripper character, who got booted last election, symbolized the old guard with his april 12 board meeting public comment angry rant about teachers being dead wood. Coincidentally the district stopped posting board meetings on youtube after that guy embarrased himself and his board buddies. Even the administrators were embarrassed because they knew he represented the 5 old guard members and it put the nail in their coffin for 2019.
Another One Gone

Quakertown, PA

#11 Apr 21, 2018
Wow, just saw on a local face book page that the current school board vp was charged with bank fraud in his past. Someone posted the actual news article from 1993. How does he get to hold public office with a criminal record?
Curious

Springfield, PA

#12 Apr 21, 2018
Who is the school board member who was charged with bank fraud?
Who recruited him for the board?
snoop dawg

Quakertown, PA

#13 Apr 21, 2018
Another One Gone wrote:
Wow, just saw on a local face book page that the current school board vp was charged with bank fraud in his past. Someone posted the actual news article from 1993. How does he get to hold public office with a criminal record?
plenty of listening to the ground,reasearch
Bye Bye Bye

United States

#14 Apr 23, 2018
My guess is he wasnt charged with a felony, probably plea bargained it down to a lesser charge somehow. Thats our justice system for you. White collar criminals usually run in the same circle as the local politicians. So i wonder if you can hold a school board position with any sort of criminal record. Geez, teachers drink a beer on social media and they get fired.
Curious

Springfield, PA

#15 Apr 25, 2018
I wonder if there are others with skeletons in their closets beside Dr. Sedicum!
Good as Gone

Quakertown, PA

#16 Apr 25, 2018
Well his skeletons were just reported to the bucks county DA according to the districts superintendent. Then someone else posted his Maryland crimes. What a pattern of behavior and poor decision making he has established over the years.
Bye Bye Bye

United States

#17 Apr 26, 2018
The old 5 board members are showing their true colors at the april 26 meeting. And paul provided public comment to support them as they are defending their felony friend sedicum. Actually bashing the union president for sharing sedicums criminal past when made aware of it. Union president was directed by lawyers to share with the board pres and the superintendent. Now paul and his cronies are making personal attacks because their felony friend was exposed. Parents need clearances just to volunteer in their own childs room, but a board member with a felony can enter schools at will. I wonder if the old 5 and paul would support a teacher who never revealed his or her criminal past. 2019 cant come soon enough. Im sure they wont upload this meeting to youtube either. QCSD, Quakertown Corrupt School District.
Lily Rose

Quakertown, PA

#19 Apr 27, 2018
Good as Gone wrote:
Well his skeletons were just reported to the bucks county DA according to the districts superintendent. Then someone else posted his Maryland crimes. What a pattern of behavior and poor decision making he has established over the years.
Don’t the sad, pathetic people of Quakertown have anything else to do except dig up old trash on people to try to discredit them? Please, get a life away from Facebook and other social media sites. Jealousy is very unbecoming.
Tired of it all

Quakertown, PA

#20 Apr 27, 2018
Bye Bye Bye wrote:
The old 5 board members are showing their true colors at the april 26 meeting. And paul provided public comment to support them as they are defending their felony friend sedicum. Actually bashing the union president for sharing sedicums criminal past when made aware of it. Union president was directed by lawyers to share with the board pres and the superintendent. Now paul and his cronies are making personal attacks because their felony friend was exposed. Parents need clearances just to volunteer in their own childs room, but a board member with a felony can enter schools at will. I wonder if the old 5 and paul would support a teacher who never revealed his or her criminal past. 2019 cant come soon enough. Im sure they wont upload this meeting to youtube either. QCSD, Quakertown Corrupt School District.
You need to read what you wrote and think about it. You say the union president was directed by lawyers to share with the board president and the superintendent. To share with the board president and the superintendent doesn't mean to go public with information. In other words, follow the chain of command. You would need to know the extent of the allegations and how they would affect his position on the school board, and unless you're a lawyer or the DA, your only surmising what the possible outcomes could be.
Circus Lover

Quakertown, PA

#21 Apr 27, 2018
Bye Bye Bye wrote:
My guess is he wasnt charged with a felony, probably plea bargained it down to a lesser charge somehow. Thats our justice system for you. White collar criminals usually run in the same circle as the local politicians. So i wonder if you can hold a school board position with any sort of criminal record. Geez, teachers drink a beer on social media and they get fired.
Let’s play ‘fool the guesser’!
Curious

Springfield, PA

#22 Apr 27, 2018
I wonder if the publicity about Dr. Sedicum and his criminal record will help his practice as a podiatrist or hurt it.
Bye Bye Bye

United States

#23 Apr 27, 2018
Tired of it all wrote:
<quoted text>

You need to read what you wrote and think about it. You say the union president was directed by lawyers to share with the board president and the superintendent. To share with the board president and the superintendent doesn't mean to go public with information. In other words, follow the chain of command. You would need to know the extent of the allegations and how they would affect his position on the school board, and unless you're a lawyer or the DA, your only surmising what the possible outcomes could be.
The union didnt go public, it was posted on social media sites run by community members. Teachers who followed the sites told the union president about it, he asked for guidance from union lawyers about information he thought might be illegal. They advised him to inform the board president. Sounds like chain of command. Is there some chain of command that says ask the felon serving in public office if he committed a felony so he can explain it to you and if you are ok with his response just shove it under the rug? Fyi, they are not allegations, the info is not from false postings, its from original newspaper articles and in 2018 you can access court documents online, the charges and rulings are clearly stated. You pretend there was one isolated incident of poor illegal decision making. Coincidentally, Maryland's online court records show a man with the same exact name and birth date with multiple offenses years after the bank fraud. So follow your self made chain of command and go ask your buddy to explain the possible coincidence there. no i dont know what the official outcome will be, but it wont really matter come 2019 because every time the old 5 speak along with paul and rippa, they push more votes to the other side.
Next Election

Quakertown, PA

#24 Apr 29, 2018
Sedicum just resigned. He did the right thing. When the community no longer has faith in an elected official, the right thing to do is step down. Now its time for Mitch Anderson to do the same. He referred to Qtown graduates and current seniors, at the April 26 board meeting, as "largely uneducated". Really? Your own district data shows improvement across the board in all categories, yet you Mitch Anderson, are completely unaware of where the students stand in regard to academic success. The superintendant expressed his own disagreement with Anderson on social media. His bitterness toward teachers has become completely unhinged to the point where he is insulting children to get at the teachers. He is a retired teacher himself, collecting a decent pension, yet hates teachers. Another board member even referred to his bitterness toward fellow teachers as "completely absurd." Some would say Anderson's comment shows he is no longer fit to be on the board. He has certainly lost the respect of teachers, students, and community members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quakertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dining in Quakertown Aug 12 Old Timer 7
Just Furniture Aug 10 Fred 9
Poll How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) Aug 2 Uncle Richard 103
Can I walk my dog on school property? (Sep '13) Jul 31 Curly Sue 22
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Jul 31 Curly Sue 790
News Quakertown man's cell phone leads police to evi... (Jun '12) Jul 30 Claudette 29
Power outage Jul 30 Richland Girl 4

Quakertown Jobs

Personal Finance

Quakertown Mortgages