Suspect Charged with murder and rape

Suspect Charged with murder and rape

Posted in the Puyallup Forum

Brittany

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 Jan 15, 2007
On new year day a man named Keilan Ebli, 20, was arrested for stabbing death of William Oestreich, who rushed to an appartment near Sullivan Arena in Anchorage, Alaska to get a girl after she called her mother for help. Oestreich was a designated driver on New Years Eve hanging out with the 17 year old's mother. Oestreich , who was 45 years old and working two jobs was just starting to get his life straight. Family say he would have given the shirt off his back if you needed one. Already drunk accourting to the witness the girl took a cab to Elbi's apartment on 16th Avenue. The girl fell asleep on the couch and someone told her to go into Elbi's bedroom to sleep. Elbi followed her in. The girl woke up naked on the bedroom and called her mother. When Oestrich arrived with the girl's mother and altercation erupted between the men who apparently have never met before this night. Elbi armed with a knife, ran down the stairs after WIlliam, screaming "I'm going to kill you." Oestreich was left bleeding from multiple stab wounds on the snowy road and died in the hospital. Elbi is now charged wth first degree murder and first degree sexual assult. William just moved to Anchorage, Alaska and is a very close friend to the family and was only trying to save someone. Now he is known as a hero. WIth family located here in Bonney Lake we all miss him dearly. FOr more information ADN.com in Obituary under WIlliam Oestreich R.I.P Brittany

Brittany
CD McCoy

Lakeland, FL

#2 Sep 13, 2008
On new year day a man named Keilan Ebli, 20, was arrested for stabbing death of William Oestreich, who rushed to an appartment near Sullivan Arena in Anchorage, Alaska to get a girl after she called her mother for help. Oestreich was a designated driver on New Years Eve hanging out with the 17 year old's mother. Oestreich , who was 45 years old and working two jobs was just starting to get his life straight. Family say he would have given the shirt off his back if you needed one. Already drunk accourting to the witness the girl took a cab to Elbi's apartment on 16th Avenue. The girl fell asleep on the couch and someone told her to go into Elbi's bedroom to sleep. Elbi followed her in. The girl woke up naked on the bedroom and called her mother. When Oestrich arrived with the girl's mother and altercation erupted between the men who apparently have never met before this night. Elbi armed with a knife, ran down the stairs after WIlliam, screaming "I'm going to kill you." Oestreich was left bleeding from multiple stab wounds on the snowy road and died in the hospital. Elbi is now charged wth first degree murder and first degree sexual assult. William just moved to Anchorage, Alaska and is a very close friend to the family and was only trying to save someone. Now he is known as a hero. WIth family located here in Bonney Lake we all miss him dearly.***you were all manipulated by the girl involved here, it was she who went to Keilan expecting sex, and was shunned, erego she called for "help" and lied about being assaulted.By the time Mr Hero arrived, keilan was sleeping soundly only to be awakened by said hero trying to cave his head in with a bottle which has not been divulged here.Now anyone waking to such a cowardly and horrid attack would be confused and at least angry.If he had wanted to knowingly kill the man, he had a gun close at hand that would have done just fine.If anything the young man acted under reduced capacity and temporary insanity in the manslaughter of the individual.The "girl" in question should be prosecuted for inciting the whole event out of her own immature spite. I know Keilan and he is no murderer nor is he a bad man.If anyone is being hurt, it is him, by the pitiful court system delaying justice and denying him his right to a speedy trial.I don't know who this "Witness" person is, but why did he/she do nothing but witness, and chances are that only the last part of the scenario was witnessed anyway. I am in Florida and I will travel there to vouch for his character,when I was there he was like my son.
Richard

Anchorage, AK

#3 Nov 18, 2008
I am Keilan Ebli's public defender investigator. In our system juries decide what the truth is after careful examination of all the facts under strict rules of court. No single witness, however well intentioned, has all the facts. Memory is imperfect, perceptions can be skewed. For the sake of a thorough airing of the facts I ask that anyone with important information about this case contact me. Please contact the Anchorage office of the Alaska Public Defender Agency and ask for Richard. Thank you.
kim

Gig Harbor, WA

#5 Mar 6, 2010
i dont care about anything richard has to say i would hate my job if i was him no one should ever take anyones life for any reason ever william was a wonderful sweet caring loving compasionate and a wondreful father
THE FACTS ARE YOUR CLIENT KILLED WILLIAM CUT AND DRY WILLIAMS DEAD KEILAN DID IT THOSE ARE THE TRUE FACTS AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
Lane

La Mirada, CA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
I knew keilan ebli and he wasnt innocent then, and he isnt now. Ive heard stories how him and his friends would take advantage of drunk young women and i wouldnt put it past him that he did rape that girl but i dont believe him to b a murderer... A mix of drugs, alcohol, and adrenaline caused him to murder. Not saying hes innocent of murder, but why couldnt this william call the police to report a rape as soon as they got the call from the girl then head over there? Seems like bad judgement on both sides
Lost

Anchorage, AK

#7 Feb 26, 2011
Lane wrote:
I knew keilan ebli and he wasnt innocent then, and he isnt now. Ive heard stories how him and his friends would take advantage of drunk young women and i wouldnt put it past him that he did rape that girl but i dont believe him to b a murderer... A mix of drugs, alcohol, and adrenaline caused him to murder. Not saying hes innocent of murder, but why couldnt this william call the police to report a rape as soon as they got the call from the girl then head over there? Seems like bad judgement on both sides
.....Lane so what are you saying?
Kim

Puyallup, WA

#8 Dec 31, 2013
All I know is my son no longer has a father.William wasn't a saint but no young man should have his father taken like my son.My son like all young men looked up to his father. William was a good man and father. Its just sad the hole thing.
billybl

Shelton, WA

#9 Feb 24, 2016
Kim wrote:
All I know is my son no longer has a father.William wasn't a saint but no young man should have his father taken like my son.My son like all young men looked up to his father. William was a good man and father. Its just sad the hole thing.
im his kid and Bill wasnt a bad guy but he just didnt think ratinaly going into things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puyallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zediah Dacti Timmons Jun 28 Under honorable Z... 1
News Arrest made in deadly Federal Way shooting (Jul '08) Jun '16 Lol 27
News Man fatally shot at Puyallup gas station (Oct '07) May '16 Kwaman 69
News CPS safety plan put child in danger, police say (Aug '07) May '16 KingDingaling 14
etizolam powder for sale May '16 etizolam253 1
Werner Irvin Apr '16 Sung Irvin 2
Marge Knight Mar '16 Kyle 1

Puyallup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Puyallup Mortgages