CPS safety plan put child in danger, police say

Jul 31, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Times

“I just don't understand why people have been brainwashed into calling CPS”

Loni Venegas is charged with seven counts of assault of a child. Loni's husband, Remil Venegas, also is charged with assault of a child. via Seattle Times

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Venegas Supporter

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

I know this family and have never seen anything that remotely resembles the things that I hear or read in the news.

THis has certainly shattered my comfort zone.
also a venagas supporter

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

I live close to the family and my kids play with there kids all the time, this is a loving family with huge hearts, not only do I not believe what is being said but for a fact know that its not true! I have let my child stay the night at there home and would do it again with no proplem at all.
not a Venegas Supporter

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I as well know the family very well, and can tell you that she is a abusive mother, as well as Remil. Both parents come from violent backgrounds, especially Loni. She is not fit to be a mother. You only know what they allow you to see. You know nothing of their past or their family issues.
NONE

Bainbridge Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

not a Venegas Supporter wrote:
I as well know the family very well, and can tell you that she is a abusive mother, as well as Remil. Both parents come from violent backgrounds, especially Loni. She is not fit to be a mother. You only know what they allow you to see. You know nothing of their past or their family issues.
ARE YOU A SAD PERSON OR WHAT TO SPEAK OUT OF TURN ON A FAMILY YOU DON`T KNOW, HOW DARE YOU SAY SHE IS A VIOLENT AND COMES FROM A VIOLENT BACKGROUND. ARE YOU LOOKING IN A MIRROR? AT YOURSELF. WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE GET TO KNOW PEOPLE BEFORE YOU SPEAK
Aaron K Hall

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I am a long lost friend of the boy. I knew him before his parents died in that car crash. I loved that kid like a little brother, and I still do. My heart filled with hate when my mother told me that Loni and Remil "Benji" Venegas were abusing this boy. When I knew them back after the boy's parents died, Loni said something about placing a video camera in the boy's room. Also, Remil rides a motorcycle if I am correct. The boy came to my house after his parents past with Remil. The boy told me that on the way to my house, his leg rubbed against the pipes of the bike, causing a burn on the back on his leg. Thinking of it now, I do not think he "rubbed" his leg against it. If there is any way that I can get into contact with the boy, I would love to. He knows who I am, and I have a picture of he and I when we were younger. So, if anyone could help, that would be wonderful.
Researcher

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

Do you know what his name is? I'm trying to find out more information on his court case. Thanks.
Aaron K Hall wrote:
I am a long lost friend of the boy. I knew him before his parents died in that car crash. I loved that kid like a little brother, and I still do. My heart filled with hate when my mother told me that Loni and Remil "Benji" Venegas were abusing this boy. When I knew them back after the boy's parents died, Loni said something about placing a video camera in the boy's room. Also, Remil rides a motorcycle if I am correct. The boy came to my house after his parents past with Remil. The boy told me that on the way to my house, his leg rubbed against the pipes of the bike, causing a burn on the back on his leg. Thinking of it now, I do not think he "rubbed" his leg against it. If there is any way that I can get into contact with the boy, I would love to. He knows who I am, and I have a picture of he and I when we were younger. So, if anyone could help, that would be wonderful.
CMM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

WOW, I am absolutely appalled and outraged by the media! How dare they make the Venegas family out to be monsters and appear GUILTY. I thought in America you were Innocent until PROVEN guilty! Do you ever see any news reports or interviews from the people who KNOW this family and support them? NO, it is all about the DRAMA and RATINGS! They don't even have the true facts right, I read one article that stated "Jamil and his siblings" came to live with the Venegas's after "their" mother died - Hello, those siblings happen to be Loni's birth children (just wanted to point out how little the media really knows).

I have personally known this family for many years. My husband and I are god parents to her second youngest son. I have spent a lot of time with them whether it is in a family gathering setting or just Loni and I visiting (and if we weren’t visiting in person, we were on the phone.) Loni is a very dear friend of mine and I would know if she even had it in her to be violent and abusive. Our daughters were also very close. My daughter always wanted to stay at the Venegas house because, and I quote; “Loni is so awesome” or “Loni is so nice” and “It's so fun over there with all the kids!” EVERYTHING Loni does is for her family. She puts all of her children, INCLUDING Jamil first! I have NEVER seen her even remotely appear to be violent or abusive with any of the kids!

In closing, I ask that you do not believe everything the media is saying - It is far from the truth, I guarantee you that!

Please remember – Innocent until PROVEN Guilty.
Extended Family

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

not a Venegas Supporter wrote:
My son is another grandchild of Benjie and Loni and this story in NONSENSE! It amazes me for folks to sit here and hide online and say that they know what has happened in this household.

Neither Loni nor Benjie were ever involved in lives of violence.

Although Jamil is a troubled young man, there is more to this story that any of you know. I'm glad to share.
NOT a Venegas supporter

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

That comment is a JOKE!!!! Loni was a very violent person. SO was Benji. I have been there first hand when they hit their first born child ( I will not post her name, but YES I do know her name). Loni would love to "pretend" to hit her just to see her reaction, she thought it was funny. While I feel that she doesn not deserve that long of a sentence, she does deserve to be punished for hitting ALL her kids. You only know what people want you to know and see. So to all you "good friends" of Loni and Benji's , she pulled the wool over your eyes. Benji is a cocaine addict and has been kicked out of every house they have ever lived in . They are trash and trashy parents. Their whole family is trash. I pray for all their kids , including Jamil. He was never given a chance with them. Also, yes she does come from a violent background, and yes I have looked at myself in a mirror and I am very, very happy. She was proven guilty and now has to pay the price and so does Remil.
none

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

NOT a Venegas supporter wrote:
That comment is a JOKE!!!! Loni was a very violent person. SO was Benji. I have been there first hand when they hit their first born child ( I will not post her name, but YES I do know her name). Loni would love to "pretend" to hit her just to see her reaction, she thought it was funny. While I feel that she doesn not deserve that long of a sentence, she does deserve to be punished for hitting ALL her kids. You only know what people want you to know and see. So to all you "good friends" of Loni and Benji's , she pulled the wool over your eyes. Benji is a cocaine addict and has been kicked out of every house they have ever lived in . They are trash and trashy parents. Their whole family is trash. I pray for all their kids , including Jamil. He was never given a chance with them. Also, yes she does come from a violent background, and yes I have looked at myself in a mirror and I am very, very happy. She was proven guilty and now has to pay the price and so does Remil.
Your a joke post your name and number lets talk like humans.
none

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

CMM wrote:
WOW, I am absolutely appalled and outraged by the media! How dare they make the Venegas family out to be monsters and appear GUILTY. I thought in America you were Innocent until PROVEN guilty! Do you ever see any news reports or interviews from the people who KNOW this family and support them? NO, it is all about the DRAMA and RATINGS! They don't even have the true facts right, I read one article that stated "Jamil and his siblings" came to live with the Venegas's after "their" mother died - Hello, those siblings happen to be Loni's birth children (just wanted to point out how little the media really knows).
I have personally known this family for many years. My husband and I are god parents to her second youngest son. I have spent a lot of time with them whether it is in a family gathering setting or just Loni and I visiting (and if we weren’t visiting in person, we were on the phone.) Loni is a very dear friend of mine and I would know if she even had it in her to be violent and abusive. Our daughters were also very close. My daughter always wanted to stay at the Venegas house because, and I quote; “Loni is so awesome” or “Loni is so nice” and “It's so fun over there with all the kids!” EVERYTHING Loni does is for her family. She puts all of her children, INCLUDING Jamil first! I have NEVER seen her even remotely appear to be violent or abusive with any of the kids!
In closing, I ask that you do not believe everything the media is saying - It is far from the truth, I guarantee you that!
Please remember – Innocent until PROVEN Guilty.
You and your husband are good people to Loni and Benji.She knew who to call when she needed a hear to bend. God Bless you, and you do know where your godson is. Once all is taken care of in court contact us.
none

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Extended Family wrote:
<quoted text>
My son is another grandchild of Benjie and Loni and this story in NONSENSE! It amazes me for folks to sit here and hide online and say that they know what has happened in this household.
Although Jamil is a troubled young man, there is more to this story that any of you know. I'm glad to share.
Hey call. I agree with you why hide online. What do these people have to hide. MMMMMMM, Must be something and who the hell is someone calling him a coke addict. PROOF??????
Do they have it? Love you
Juana Venegas

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Please, someone tell me what is happening with Benjhee. I know this is old to everyone else, but I just learned and am still stunned. I have been looking but haven't found a way to link with Benjhee, but was hit hard about this and about his dad as well. Is Bubut okay? He's still in the Philippines, isn't he?
If you see this, Benjhee, I remember when you got the scar on your forehead in 1972. I was around then. I just got internet and googled you...and was blown away by what came up. Checked out your grandson's dance troup. He's good. You okay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Puyallup Discussions

Search the Puyallup Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: LUV Petslife.com Pet Sit Tue joey mull 2
A tale of the Smitty burger &#x96; and where to... Apr 4 Larry Zarelli 1
please be aware before choosing good sam hospit... (Nov '08) Mar 25 Suing GS 30
Debate: Marijuana - Auburn, WA (Aug '10) Mar '14 alias anderson 26
Bonney Lake Music Selection (Sep '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 9
Debate: Gay Marriage - Puyallup, WA (Aug '10) Mar '14 Phill 75
Puyallup police look for inmate they said escap... Feb '14 unknown 1
•••
•••