Holloway topic
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Localyocal

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 16, 2010
Did anybody else notice when a Holloway was brought up on a topic it disappears? They don't mind talking about others, but when somebody talks about them they don't like it. Truth hurts!
wow

Dexter, MO

#2 Dec 16, 2010
Its clear you have a problem you are the normal lib who hates the people who create jobs you beleve in spreading the wealth around even if you dont work for it you are a taker in life if it was not for the lumber shed you would have few options were to buy holloway has brung many jobs to that small town as you know the fact is they worked for what they have you should be thanking them for what they do your small mind will keep you in a small place.
Puxicoan

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 16, 2010
That's right!! I love the hollaways, they are good people. Especially, Linnie, Nancy, Amy, Ryan, and or course, Lindsi. I consider them my friends. Anyone who doesn't like Nancy doesn't like anybody.
A guy

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2010
Jealous you aren't a Holloway Localyocal? Sounds like a little jealousy to me. Bet if it was your name on those businesses and you creating the jobs you wouldn't be whining. So what. If somebody busts their butt to make things a little better for everyone else, they can have special treatment as far as I am concerned. If it wasn't for Holloway Distributing, Puxico wouldn't have much. And believe me, Terry Holloway had attractive offers to leave this place and didn't do it. If he packed up tomorrow, there wouldn't be much left. The Holloway businesses in this town generate a lot of tax revenue here and they spend a lot of money here. What do you do? Worry about them getting special treatment on topix?
wowowow

United States

#5 Dec 16, 2010
wow wrote:
Its clear you have a problem you are the normal lib who hates the people who create jobs you beleve in spreading the wealth around even if you dont work for it you are a taker in life if it was not for the lumber shed you would have few options were to buy holloway has brung many jobs to that small town as you know the fact is they worked for what they have you should be thanking them for what they do your small mind will keep you in a small place.
Come on, which Holloway are you? They only create jobs for their own family and take advantage of many locals. If they didn't have a lumber company here somebody else would. Get a grip!
A guy

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2010
Yes, you are correct wowowowowowowowow. The hundreds of people that work at HDC are all family. And who is taking advantage of anyone? Is Bill's market taking advantage of people for selling Frosted Flakes for $4.50 when Wal-Mart has them for $2.95? Is Sam Phillips taking advantage of people when he changes your oil and it costs $35 when Jiffy Lube will do it for $20? Sometimes you get a little better service and it is worth it. Last time I checked, it wasn't just people from Puxico shopping at Holloway Lumber. People drive from all over to shop there. They haven't been there for 60 years because they are dishonest people who cheat the community, but good luck convincing others that they take advantage of people. Dumb-arse.

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2010
Of course all people who provide jobs are saints!!! They aren't in business to benifit themselves, they just want to help the community. Yeah right! They take advantage of their employees as well as their customers. They cheated their way to the top and so be it. Maybe they're too big to top now but that doesn't mean they're good people. Listen to how they talk about others when you're around them and you'll figure out how they talk about you when you're not there.
wow

Dexter, MO

#8 Dec 17, 2010
Fact is the person who started this topix can not control there self when a person does well in life he wants to take away from that he wants to spread the wealth around even if he never worked for it he beleves goverment owes him or even the town owes him kinda like that tax return he fakes every year to get check in the mail . When people get up and work and start taking care of there familys without looking to blame others first things will get better.I am no relation to holloway but have known them for 30 years or more and they all work for what they get.
Onlooker

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 17, 2010
Holloway lumber has always been a stab in the back, friend to your face business. I hired a carpenter to do some work for me when I first moved here. I went to the lumber store with him a couple of times and he and I were both treated like kings. They went out of their way to help us. A few months later I was in there right after he left and overheard them telling another customer how bad his work is and how they would never recommend him. They were saying this just after pretending to be his best friend. I have no respect for any of them.
wow

Dexter, MO

#10 Dec 17, 2010
Localyocal wrote:
Did anybody else notice when a Holloway was brought up on a topic it disappears? They don't mind talking about others, but when somebody talks about them they don't like it. Truth hurts!
The holloway topic only went away because people just had nothing to say not because it was taken down get a life lets see you think we should get rid of the station lumber shed and distributing company doesnt leave you much does it i think you are jealious of what others have done in there life and you didnt.I think your one of the low people who put names on here and hope people tear them up for awhile on here all the while you comment no more after as a coward would
Resident

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 18, 2010
Of course they get special treatment, yhey always have remember when the lumber shed tried to steal the property from the city by changing the deed and tricking the council into signing it? How about the fit they threw when the highway department wanted to stop people from parking in front of their store because people couldn't see when they were pulling out on the highway. It would be hard to count the number of accidents that have happened there, but they don't care. What about HDC writing a note telling a drug dealer who was buying cold medicine there to be careful because the cops were watching. That's why they don't sell medicine any more. As for the station, Lenny makes no secret of what he smokes. Oh well, they're Holloways so who cares.
TopicKing

United States

#12 Dec 19, 2010
So what's wrong with special treatment anyways? It only sucks if you don't have it. And for that bad intersection, for people coming from the east on Harbin and pulling up to Highway 51....heres an idea.....if it's that bad, go to the next block! There isn't even a driveway until the next block....people just don't have enough sense to not use that intersection. Only a fool would pull out there not being able to see anyways. You can run into the same problem trying to pull out between the old Western Auto and Bill's when people are parked on the Highway at Bill's. Or when someone parks on the corner at Hoovers. Or when David Phillips parks his truck on the corner at Sam's. What are you, some kind of family member that got kicked out? Seems like you have a bunch of ignorant information that most people know about or don't care anyways. I think the general public knows who is honest and who isn't. Topix is a breeding ground for crap like this.
CaptainAmerica

United States

#13 Dec 19, 2010
Resident wrote:
Of course they get special treatment, yhey always have remember when the lumber shed tried to steal the property from the city by changing the deed and tricking the council into signing it? How about the fit they threw when the highway department wanted to stop people from parking in front of their store because people couldn't see when they were pulling out on the highway. It would be hard to count the number of accidents that have happened there, but they don't care. What about HDC writing a note telling a drug dealer who was buying cold medicine there to be careful because the cops were watching. That's why they don't sell medicine any more. As for the station, Lenny makes no secret of what he smokes. Oh well, they're Holloways so who cares.
Alright Mr. Innocent! You sure are quick to point the finger at what other people have "supposedly" done. Yes, I'm sure everyone is very familiar with the lumber shed trying to steal stuff,,,,,,,,what! What exactly are you talking about if you know so much. You must be one of those guys that hangs out down at Lenny's and gathers his news from the coffee drinkers! That's about as accurate as Topix! Why don't you reveal your identity, and then everyone can point out the bullcrap that you've done. Or if they're decent people, they won't say anything.
wow

Dexter, MO

#14 Dec 20, 2010
Resident wrote:
As i said these people want what others have even if they have never had a job or worked in anyway they belive what obama belives spread the wealth around even if you have not worked for it they think we all owe them so they get on here and make a statement hoping the town will tear them up for awhile it makes them feel better even though they are the real loser the person who started this topic is a true loser in life

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 20, 2010
I think that if i were a Holloway I would tell you all to kiss my ass and take my businesses to another town and let you all roll up the streets when were gone! Apparently you people who post on topix don't watch the news to see what a fregin mess this country is in.....I say HATS OFF TO THE HOLLOWAY'S FOR THE JOBS AND THE REVENUE! SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!
Ahaha

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2010
Amen to that....
goatburger

Ozark, MO

#17 Dec 20, 2010
Double Amen
puxico resident

United States

#18 Dec 20, 2010
Triple Amen and a Hallelujah.
Relative

Kirksville, MO

#19 Dec 20, 2010
I'm related to the Holloways. No one I know in the family reads this or even cares. When you are in business, you deal with crap from people all the time anyways. I read this to see how accurate the "crap" is that people post on things that I know about. And trust me, most of this is inaccurate and worthless.
guest2

United States

#20 Dec 20, 2010
Maybe if the Holloway's would take their business elsewhere some honest people would move here and we could actually have decent businesses in this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puxico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Hannah Wilburn does anyone know her 20 min Fred2345 15
Girl at Smartstyle 34 min Jones 3
News Lawmakers address accusations 38 min Smackdown2017 44
Watch out folks! We've been turned in 41 min Fred2345 7
Being soooooo Blessed 41 min Jesus Christ 1
New Business 48 min Nope 7
C. Sappington is a weirdo 59 min Fred2345 1

Puxico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance