Westminster man held without bail

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Randy Benware, 44, of Westminster, pleaded not guilty in court Tuesday to first-degree aggravated domestic assault, along with seven counts of violating an abuse prevention order and five counts of violating his court-imposed conditions of release.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2013
Pierce

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Seems to me that there are too many of these repeat offenders- the same names keep showing up for the same offences- this case - repeat domestic violence- does he have to kill someone before locking him up and away from the public!
And not just this guy- the courts and newspaper reports are so often of repeat, repeat, repeat offenders- when will there be standards to keep these offenders off the streets?
J Snot

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010 BRATTLEBORO - The husband of a local probation officer is being held on $15,000 bail after pleading not guilty in Windsor District Court, Monday, to cultivating marijuana plants at his Bellows Falls residence.

That was the headline way back last summer when a father was trying to protect his daughter from the PERVERT NEXT DOOR, we know the rest a family's life ruined over this incident.

The second chapter of this story is about to unfold and this family's is about to be vindicated by the arrest of the pervert next door.

If only the BFPD had done their jobs that day a child would not have been the victim of a most heinous crime.
Finally

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Now this is a woman who needs help, not one crying wolf and lying to protect herself and destroy another persons life. Like I have stated in the past , the real victims do not get help, until its to far outta control.
Drunken bar fights, should be handled by police, and given a fine and 2nd/ offense a fine and anger management. Tieing up the courts with this nonsense is wasteful tax dollars and sending these idiots for bar fights to already over crowded jails is also a tax burden on us all.
However this guy is plainly an abuser, and needs maximum, to learn his lesson.
I am confused however why she lives so close to him.. I would of gotten myself and family as far away as possible.
Liz

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010 BRATTLEBORO - The husband of a local probation officer is being held on $15,000 bail after pleading not guilty in Windsor District Court, Monday, to cultivating marijuana plants at his Bellows Falls residence.

That was the headline way back last summer when a father was trying to protect his daughter from the "PERVERT NEXT DOOR, we know the rest a family's life ruined over this incident.

The second chapter of this story is about to unfold and this family's is about to be vindicated by the arrest of the pervert next door.

If only the BFPD had done their jobs that day a child would not have been the victim of a most heinous crime."

I'm curious as to what happened to the husband with the pot arrest and did the wife lose her job as a Probation Officer for having cultivated pot plants in her residence?

These are 3 separate issues,the neighbor and if they will be arrested and a woman who has(had?) the authority to jail someone on probation for smoking pot or who is in possession of it, and of course the husbands arrest.
CSI

Waterbury Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

She should of shot him , like the last Benware on Williams street in the 80's. The Benware's are animals and drunks they don't know any better.

Put him away for good and get it over with.
Linda Brown Hope MI

Linwood, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Now I am usually not one to judge victims of domestic violence, but come on woman, why do you take him back time and time again when you know damm well he is gonna wail on you first chance he gets? Perhaps you are one of those women that think they can FIX THINGS or in this case FIX HIM and I am here to tell you that you will never be able to do that and I speak from experience here as I have been a victim of domestic violence. The circle of abuse is gonna widen if you don't get rid of his sorry hide, surely there are better men in Westminster than a BENWARE? Seems to me the whole family are nothing more than trash and always criminals? If you don't want to end up on the mortuary slab, I suggest you lose all contact with him, and every time you get an order of abuse on him you break it by having contact with him and if you don't watch it, the courts are not gonna issue anymore, the crying wolf is gonna bite ya!
TNB

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

CSI wrote:
She should of shot him , like the last Benware on Williams street in the 80's. The Benware's are animals and drunks they don't know any better.
I knew that name sounded real familiar....
jway

Sheffield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

What I see today a lot of women are marring or taking on men for prestige & security, whether it be a title, money, sex or drugs.It used to be they wonted a man who was honest strong hard working and caring. Who respected them and others to have kids with. Now they marry or take the likes of Woody Allen "an example"and a lot others, crooks an creeps while putting up with abuse and a lot other things.All for prestige and security.Abuse should not be allowed
Ted

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Finally wrote:
Now this is a woman who needs help, not one crying wolf and lying to protect herself and destroy another persons life. Like I have stated in the past , the real victims do not get help, until its to far outta control.
Drunken bar fights, should be handled by police, and given a fine and 2nd/ offense a fine and anger management. Tieing up the courts with this nonsense is wasteful tax dollars and sending these idiots for bar fights to already over crowded jails is also a tax burden on us all.
However this guy is plainly an abuser, and needs maximum, to learn his lesson.
I am confused however why she lives so close to him.. I would of gotten myself and family as far away as possible.
Yes, he is obviously an abuser - but what makes you think she is no less responsible than she is? Do you know these people or do you just automatically assume the male is always the instigator and the female is always an innocent party? She knew who & whathe was from the beginning, and he knew who she was. The State of Vermont protects the woman while allowing no rights to the man. There are a few anger managements programs around the area but all for men, none for women even if they are convicted of domestic abuse, assault or other violence. Perhaps they both need help?
Ted

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

CSI wrote:
Benware who shot and killed David Tenney, just because he knocked on their door. The current Benwares inherited too much crap from their grandparents from Saxtons River, anyone who knows any of them knows this. I hope the following generations can overcome this horrible legacy.
disgusted

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

The State of Vermont protects the woman while allowing no rights to the man.

These are no truer words spoken. Women can lie, and use the system and the system allows it. The men EVEN IF INNOCENT, pay because this woman said he did something.
I do not however blame the prosecutor or Judge, I blame the police for not doing a through investigation of the incidents. The prosecutor and Judge can only work with what is given them and if the police don't do their jobs, than how can they right? WRONG!The Judge and prosecutor should be more demanding of evidence when its lacking, before allowing cases to proceed.They have the ability and power to enforce the police to do their jobs we pay them to do.You don't try a case on half the information but ALL of it.

Something needs to be done to stop this vicious cycle of abuse by women. In all court rooms not just criminal but divorce as well. This has gone on way to long, and its not fair to men. The courts are abusing children as well as the parents when they look blindsided at the responsible parent and give the mothers custody. When they hit that court its no longer about whats right or wrong its about the injustice of lying women and our system allowing them to use it.

what

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

disgusted wrote:
These are no truer words spoken. Women can lie, and use the system and the system allows it. The men EVEN IF INNOCENT, pay because this woman said he did something.
I do not however blame the prosecutor or Judge, I blame the police for not doing a through investigation of the incidents. The prosecutor and Judge can only work with what is given them and if the police don't do their jobs, than how can they right? WRONG!The Judge and prosecutor should be more demanding of evidence when its lacking, before allowing cases to proceed.They have the ability and power to enforce the police to do their jobs we pay them to do.You don't try a case on half the information but ALL of it.
Something needs to be done to stop this vicious cycle of abuse by women. In all court rooms not just criminal but divorce as well. This has gone on way to long, and its not fair to men. The courts are abusing children as well as the parents when they look blindsided at the responsible parent and give the mothers custody. When they hit that court its no longer about whats right or wrong its about the injustice of lying women and our system allowing them to use it.
you simpleton
simpleton not

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

what wrote:
<quoted text> you simpleton
what this is about the most truest spoken words yet. So I take it you agree with lives being ruined on vindictive lies.
Kgh

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

simpleton not wrote:
<quoted text>
what this is about the most truest spoken words yet. So I take it you agree with lives being ruined on vindictive lies.
Not lies, Benware is not a victim, not everyone who is abused has the means to get away from it. As far as i'm concerned he should rot in prison...where he won't learn his lesson i'm sure, but at least the real victim can live in peace.
Allen

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

disgusted wrote:
VERY well said!
me in vt

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

oh my god....this is all a bunch of bull..i know the woman and man involved......this woman has been married 5 other times and did the same thing to all of them....she is a lying conniving woman....who lies and believes her own lies....she has done everything in her power to maniopulate him and did a good job at it....she never stopped seeing him at all and is making it out to be like he is the stalker....how she is still driving is beyond me....she was checkin in every day at the police station and then drinking every day..go figure....i do blame randy for falling into her trap.....if he would've just left all alone he would be home by his fire as i write this celebrating new years with his mom..the only one who genuinely cares about him......i ownder how karen sleeps at night knowing what she did.....he has never assaulted any other woman as far as i know..she is crazy and provoked everything she got....i believe no woman should be hit but she is an exception...a man can only take so much,,i have seen him with screwdriver holes in his hand, cuts in his head from her throwing ashtrays at him...and she has punched herself numerous times, calle dpolice and then blamed him,,,there has to be some kind of justice for him..lock her up.....and crazy as she is she is probably thinkin in her head that she will be with him when this is done.....and if he even as much as thinks about her i hope it is thinking how crazy she is not about getting back with her
jway

Sheffield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

She is a fine candidate to help keep the welfare and mental health system going in VT.You know a hard work schedule would keep her mind off the 5 men an how to screw them an the system over.Watching Those soaps every day will get to you.
Luv the car

Milton, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

jway wrote:
She is a fine candidate to help keep the welfare and mental health system going in VT.You know a hard work schedule would keep her mind off the 5 men an how to screw them an the system over.Watching Those soaps every day will get to you.
You hit this one on the head. She's a real beauty, of course she stayed with him. I saw them often together at the store he was buying her smokes and her 12 oz. buds. Then they would drive off in the really nice mustang. Who the hell do you think paid for that car? No wonder she was so upset about smashing it up. She now has to find someone else to buy her car like that.
mli

Hartland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Is this the same Benware that also attacked a 78 year old man. This crap disgusts me. Is it really okay to hit a woman, no matter the situation could'nt he just walk away? It seems to me that Benware was very controling. If you really read between the lines she did try to leave but he would'nt let her. Yes I do believe that there are vindictive women out there, I also believe that there should be support for men because men have no where to go when they are abused,and I do feel bad for them, but this is not one of those cases.Does it really matter who bought the car? The fact is he recked it and could of killed the both of them!
wendy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Prehap the dude was being stalked by the bitch whom has the restraining order. Some say I just dont know when or how tn keep my mouth shout...well, its true! When its for family and family is what it is all about...without it you have NOTHING!! Cops discriminate against this type of situation. So, do attorneys and judges.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Putney Discussions

Search the Putney Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Clark seeks third term as sheriff 8 hr vern 29
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 5 Cris Ericson 2
Police Log Jul 4 If Sheeple Would Wake Up 6
Some roads in Putney to get fiber optic broadband Jul 2 Flat Lander 1
Stroll Parade order of march Jun '14 Biz or not 7
Thousand come to Brattleboro for a Stroll Jun '14 Bratt 5
Tavern Lawn series kicks off with Simba May '14 Flat Lander 1
•••
•••