Hard-hitting debate draws enthusiastic crowd

The two major party candidates for governor agreed on little during a well-attended debate Thursday night, but saved their hardest blows for the discussion about a proposed plan to curb costs within the Department of Corrections. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SolarWarming

Dover, NH

#21 Sep 26, 2010
For Shumlin this is not about Vermont. It is about Peter the Great being Governor. He inherited enough money to live on so he has no other thing of purpose in his life except proving the rest of his family that he is good for something. This is about an injured ego that wants this election to quiet all his family who doubted him.

“Proud American and Vermonter”

Since: Feb 09

Bennington

#22 Sep 26, 2010
SolarWarming wrote:
For Shumlin this is not about Vermont. It is about Peter the Great being Governor. He inherited enough money to live on so he has no other thing of purpose in his life except proving the rest of his family that he is good for something. This is about an injured ego that wants this election to quiet all his family who doubted him.
Yea and Brian Dubie is just another poor Vermonter who struggles everyday to figure out what bills to pay and which he can let slide till the next the month. And I doubt Brian is eating hot dogs because hot dogs is all he can afford.

Peter has released a complete list of his assets, when can we expect Brian to do the same?
LSU

York, PA

#23 Sep 26, 2010
Scott05201 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and Brian Dubie is just another poor Vermonter who struggles everyday to figure out what bills to pay and which he can let slide till the next the month. And I doubt Brian is eating hot dogs because hot dogs is all he can afford.
Peter has released a complete list of his assets, when can we expect Brian to do the same?
Get a life Scooter!
tim

Queensbury, NY

#24 Sep 26, 2010
scott0,I see dummys lots of dummys. But no life!
stanleystanley

Dover, NH

#25 Oct 13, 2010
Scott05201 wrote:
Why don't some of you try reading the mans plan. Shumlin does not say he's going to giving anyone an early release.
http://www.shumlinforgovernor.com/files/2010/... Beginning on page 7
"As Governor,I will integrate these non-&#8208;violent offenders back into society and ensure that the community mental health, substance abuse, life skill training, affordable housing through VHCB and adult education services are in place to allow
these Vermonters to become successful and productive members of society."
Yes but that all sounds like BS to me. Nice words that mean what? Community mental health? In Brattleboro the community mental health programs struggle to keep up as it is. Substance abuse treatment outside prison? The reason these drug offenders are in jail is because the system has already tried the other approaches. What makes you think that the services he describes are going to be affective to dry these people out. Mental health services won't work without a residential treatment which is about $30,000 a month in a hospital. Shumlin's plan in fact might be a lot more expensive and less effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Business Buzz Sep '14 Autumn Is Best 1
Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Sep '14 Chicky 16
Naulakha Aug '14 Brian Harris 1
Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug '14 Bob Story 4
Clark seeks third term as sheriff (Jun '14) Jul '14 vern 39
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul '14 Former New Englander 3
Police Log Jul '14 If Sheeple Would ... 6

Putney News Video

Putney Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Putney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Putney News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Putney

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News