Putney man dies in early morning coll...

Putney man dies in early morning collision with tractor trailer

There are 11 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Putney man dies in early morning collision with tractor trailer. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Dillon Loomis, 21, of Putney, died of injuries sustained after his 1995 Jeep Cherokee collided with a tractor trailer at just past 6 a.m. Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Bri

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2010
Dillon You will forever be missed. You were such an awesome person! My heart goes out to your family
Bri

United States

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Dillon you were such an awesome person. You will forever be missed by all the ppl that loves you! My heart goes out to your family..
Anonymous

Bellows Falls, VT

#3 Oct 11, 2010
My sympathies to his family and friends.

Godspeed Dillon.
darlene derby

Saint Johnsbury, VT

#4 Oct 11, 2010
dillon i didnt get to know you but my son lenny derby did and when he says someone is a good person i believe him untill proven other wise you will be deeply missed and god bless your family i will say a prayer for them i promise
Heather

Bellows Falls, VT

#5 Oct 12, 2010
I love you Dilly, you were an amazing person. Still cant believe your gone. Rest in peace
Resident

Brattleboro, VT

#6 Oct 12, 2010
Sorry that a young guy had to miss out on about 60 years of his life.

But there's an elephant in the room here - how did this happen? How did a Jeep Cherokee crash into the middle of a semi truck on an easy road like Route 5 at a time when there's very little traffic, unless he was going about 90 mph? It's hard not to spot a truck, and the only reason you would hit it is if you're going so fast you have too little time to stop.

No matter how many of these tragedies happen, young drivers still think they're immortal. They think warnings are just adult propaganda to stop them from having fun. They think they can handle it, no problem. The speed thrill makes it worth it, supposedly. And this guy wasn't even drinking.
Jessica Hutchins

Essex Junction, VT

#7 Oct 12, 2010
Resident wrote:
Sorry that a young guy had to miss out on about 60 years of his life.
But there's an elephant in the room here - how did this happen? How did a Jeep Cherokee crash into the middle of a semi truck on an easy road like Route 5 at a time when there's very little traffic, unless he was going about 90 mph? It's hard not to spot a truck, and the only reason you would hit it is if you're going so fast you have too little time to stop.
No matter how many of these tragedies happen, young drivers still think they're immortal. They think warnings are just adult propaganda to stop them from having fun. They think they can handle it, no problem. The speed thrill makes it worth it, supposedly. And this guy wasn't even drinking.
It doesn't matter what happened, It matters of what happened to him. Just send the family good thoughts, And keep your opinion to yourself.

Rest In Peace Dillon, You will forever be missed by many.
Playing with big boys

Peterborough, NH

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Protecting Peter Shumlin Brattleboro Reformer? Censorship is a dirty trick.
Playing with big boys

Peterborough, NH

#9 Oct 12, 2010
My appoligies to the Reformer, I just noted a second thread on this subject. My bad.
Resident

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Oct 12, 2010
Jessica Hutchins wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what happened, It matters of what happened to him. Just send the family good thoughts, And keep your opinion to yourself.
Rest In Peace Dillon, You will forever be missed by many.
Think again - it DOES matter what happened, because there are a lot of other young drivers doing stuff like this who aren't dead yet. Their lives can still be saved, if they'll wise up. Needless death can strike close to any of us.
vermonter

Attleboro, MA

#11 Oct 12, 2010
What about the truck driver who has to live with the thought of killing this young kid. And to have people before the facts are already out blame him for the death.
My hats are of to the truck driver and his family!
Sorry to see a young adult die and the sorrow the family is going through .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 33
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Meaning of the name "Seward" (May '16) May '16 peter gumaer ogden 1
News Business Buzz (Sep '14) Sep '14 Autumn Is Best 1
News Clark seeks third term as sheriff (Jun '14) Jul '14 vern 39
News Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years (Jul '14) Jul '14 Former New Englander 3
News Police Log (Jul '14) Jul '14 If Sheeple Would ... 6

Putney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Putney Mortgages