bigmanouch

Boynton Beach, FL

#470 May 28, 2008
yo Matt I remember riding Didnt the ride was alredy up the hill I got him we started galloping out of the arena and he decided he wast going turned around headed for the barn i grabbed the water pipe as he went into his stall LMAO hence the didnt Ok Ok so i have been slacking on party plans lot of stuff came up so I am looking forward keep u posted manouch
bigmanouch

Boynton Beach, FL

#471 May 28, 2008
Matt which Lori
Pat Commer

Scottsmoor, FL

#472 May 30, 2008
bigmanouch wrote:
Hi Pat wow long time it is Mike Curlys son u live about 3 hours from us hope all is well Hey Andrew how u8 doing buddy
Hey Mike,
We really do need to make plans to see each other. Here's my email trishkenent@cfl.rr.com
Let me know Dad is up to some company.
Stacey Commer

Fruitland Park, FL

#473 Jun 3, 2008
HI All!
Stacey here, daughter of Pat and Steve(the cop) Commer. I grew up at the Ranch! Born over the barn then moved across the street. All of my "firsts" happened there from steps to well..you know. From 1970 to the day the doors closed it was a part of my life. I worked everywhere,and would sneek out of my house at night to "hang out" and somehow my father NEVER found out. I thank you all for that! Mike- Mom and I NEED to take a trip down, we spoke about it today. Please keep in touch. Andrew and David - please email. I know my mom and I can scare up some photos. sszczypinski@cfl.rr.com
Eileen

Homer, NY

#474 Jun 5, 2008
Hello to Andrew, David, Susie, and Mike(Curly's son)!!!
I am sure you guys don't remember me, see my comment #455, I worked and played at Peekskill Ranch from about 67-70's. It was the best time of my life, if I could do it again, I would.
I used to babysit for Andrew, David and Susie. Susie used to spend the whole day or days with me when Moe and Lol needed to go somewhere off the ranch.
I have pictures from way back and will post them as soon as I figure how to get them into the computer.
David and Andrew I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, she was such a wonderful person, and a good friend to me. How is your dad? Say hello to him for me the next time you speak to him.
Mike, send my love to Curly. Regards to all, Eileen
andrew san marco

Anacoco, LA

#475 Jun 5, 2008
Eileen, my dad seems to remember you, what is your last name? and would love to sdee the pictures. this blog brings the funniest things. or you can contact me on my e mail.
Eileen

Homer, NY

#476 Jun 6, 2008
andrew san marco wrote:
Eileen, my dad seems to remember you, what is your last name? and would love to sdee the pictures. this blog brings the funniest things. or you can contact me on my e mail.
Hi Andrew, My maiden name was Stiasny, I am now Eileen Mumbach, I have been married to Nick for 33yrs, happily I am glad to say. We adopted 2 sons, David- 25yrs, and Adam- 22yrs, they are both in the Army now and both are in Iraq. I'm not sure when they will get back to the states, I hope very, very, soon. I'll get the pictures out and try to post them. Give Don my love,
Eileen
Bigmanouch

West Palm Beach, FL

#477 Jun 12, 2008
hey whats up here anyone home
Jim Faughnan

United States

#478 Jun 17, 2008
Hey Big Mike,
Tell Curly I was asking about him, I hope his recovery is fast. Get him back out on the golf course. Please post any information about the reunion so everyone will have a chance to attend. Just let me know and I'll be there.
Matt and Sue how you guys doing? Matt when is your next gig at Flugum's?
Sue how's John and the kids, when are you coming north again?
Jimmy
The answer to Joe Gallagher question: Who was the head cook in '73 it was Hal Brown.
Bigmanouch

West Palm Beach, FL

#479 Jun 18, 2008
Hey Jim long time how the hell are u? Remember that time u came down to florida we got shitfaced lol
Bob Hanne

Atlanta, GA

#480 Jun 18, 2008
Joe Gallagher wrote:
I am an Irishman who worked as a waiter in a dude ranch near Peekskill in the summer o 1973. I was a university student at the time and I have greaat memories of my time in Peekskill.
My ncousin John'Curly'Gallagher and a man called Mo Hersch used to run it . I have memories of a Cadillac driven by someone called Ace with 'ACE' on the reg plate.
I would love to hear from anybody at all who had a connection with the place,any photos,or history etc.
Someday I will show my kids Peekskill.but will never tell them all the stories!
Joe Gallagher Dublin Irish Republic
Joe,

My wife and I worked at Peekskil Dude Ranch 1971 - 72. She worked in the office and I was a "rangler" who took out trail rides. I remember Curly, he was my boss. Ace who was in charge of maintenance, and of course Moe. He arranged for me to buy my own horse, an appaloosa.

We eventually had a falling out with Moe's son in law and moved to Vermont. It was a great time of my life and we had a lot of fun there.

Bob Hanne'
Culinary Arts Instructor
Savannah Technical College
rhanne@savannahtech.edu
Bob Hanne

Atlanta, GA

#481 Jun 18, 2008
Diana wrote:
Hi,
I worked at the ranch in 1970. What a crew. I remember Burt the Cowboy, Walter Zimmer the riding instructor, and of course Ace, Curley, Bruno, Moe and his wife and his little girl and the rest of the crazy crew. I know Burt died about 15 years ago. Does anyone know about Walter or Curly?
Please post more photos if anyone out there has any.

Thanks.
Diana,

My wife and I worked at Peekskill Dude ranch in 1971 - 72. I was a wrangler and a good friend of Bert Brosco's. I lost touch with him when I moved to Vermont and he went to wokr at another ranch.

My ex-wife's names is Donna and she worked in the office. I also lost touch with Walter. What a cast of characters. Do you have any more information on Burt?

Bob Hanne'
rhanne@savannahtech.edu
Irishis

Brooklyn, NY

#482 Jun 20, 2008
I remember that place well too. I started going when I was a kid. My Aunt "Erin O'Brien" was a top barrel racer on the East Coast. Maybe you remember her.. She lives in Greenwich Ct, & Palm Beach Fla. Still rides,(Polo). She had been engaged to Ed Triefler, "Fox Hill" in Ellenville, NY. Or do you remember, Bucky from Rocking Horse Ranch (living in Baco Raton Fl.With his wife Lynn)) Or, Norm from "Sunnycroft Ranch", Wlakill, NY. Alot of great times in the Rodeo Circuit. I had not seen Moe in about 20 years. Last time in NYC. The Peekskill ranch is in fact a Jewish school. Very run down. They have had quite a few articles regarding it's condition. Used to be beautiful. I live close by it now.
Pat Commer

Scottsmoor, FL

#483 Jun 20, 2008
Hi All,
Has anyone heard from or know where Steve Taubman, His sister Mina may be?
Also,any of the Browns....Coy & Carol, Earl, Harold?
Most of us all started at Rocking Horse, amazing after so many years we all have such wonderful memories of that time in our lives.
Also, looking for Harry Stephens.
Carmine and brothers from Rocking Horse times.
Lucille. Those Friday night bus rides were the best!
And to Curly if you read this, or Mike...please let Curly know how much he meant and means to so many of us, he should know how many lives he has touched. We love him still.....:)
Eileen

Corapeake, NC

#484 Jun 21, 2008
Who are you, Irishis? I'm wondering if I know you. I started at Rocking Horse and then found Peekskill Ranch also--just like Pat Commer.
Curly--I still remember you fondly- and I bet you would be surprised how many others love you too..Get better soon and back on your feet. How about an answer to the e-mails.....Eileen
Irishis wrote:
I remember that place well too. I started going when I was a kid. My Aunt "Erin O'Brien" was a top barrel racer on the East Coast. Maybe you remember her.. She lives in Greenwich Ct, & Palm Beach Fla. Still rides,(Polo). She had been engaged to Ed Triefler, "Fox Hill" in Ellenville, NY. Or do you remember, Bucky from Rocking Horse Ranch (living in Baco Raton Fl.With his wife Lynn)) Or, Norm from "Sunnycroft Ranch", Wlakill, NY. Alot of great times in the Rodeo Circuit. I had not seen Moe in about 20 years. Last time in NYC. The Peekskill ranch is in fact a Jewish school. Very run down. They have had quite a few articles regarding it's condition. Used to be beautiful. I live close by it now.
Jim Faughnan

Newmarket, NH

#485 Jun 25, 2008
Bigmanouch wrote:
Hey Jim long time how the hell are u? Remember that time u came down to florida we got shitfaced lol
You mean the time that I almost broke your hand>
Liz

Winter Park, FL

#486 Jun 25, 2008
Me and my best friend Laura worked at the Ranch in the mid 80's until it closed. We remember everything!! To all of our friends who worked with us...Where are you and How are you!!
Ed Triefler

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#487 Jun 26, 2008
I started going with my family to Peekskill Ranch when I was a child in the late 1940's to about 1953. I also went to Triple Lake Ranch in Succasunna, NJ just to name a few. I new Mo very well also Dick Tarentino who later built and owned Pine Grove Ranch, which is still operated by his brother-in-law. I went on to build Fox Hill Ranch, outside of Ellenville. I catered to a strictly singles, English riding crowed. Opened the weekend of July 4th 1965. Sex, drugs and booze, in any order and all you wanted. What a great time we all had. The ranch is still there and being run by my former water-ski instructor and do-what-ever you asked him to do Arno. I sold the place to him in 1976 and he now has a very successful Children's Riding Camp for girls; International Riding Camp.

Since: Jun 08

Kissimmee, FL

#488 Jun 26, 2008
Liz wrote:
Me and my best friend Laura worked at the Ranch in the mid 80's until it closed. We remember everything!! To all of our friends who worked with us...Where are you and How are you!!
Hi Liz,

I had caught up with Laura at one point a couple years ago but lost her again....Hope all is well with you and if you are in touch with Laura, let her know I say hello. Email me sszczypinski@cfl.rr.com
Peter S

Virginia Beach, VA

#489 Jun 30, 2008
Ed Triefler wrote:
I started going with my family to Peekskill Ranch when I was a child in the late 1940's to about 1953. I also went to Triple Lake Ranch in Succasunna, NJ just to name a few. I new Mo very well also Dick Tarentino who later built and owned Pine Grove Ranch, which is still operated by his brother-in-law. I went on to build Fox Hill Ranch, outside of Ellenville. I catered to a strictly singles, English riding crowed. Opened the weekend of July 4th 1965. Sex, drugs and booze, in any order and all you wanted. What a great time we all had. The ranch is still there and being run by my former water-ski instructor and do-what-ever you asked him to do Arno. I sold the place to him in 1976 and he now has a very successful Children's Riding Camp for girls; International Riding Camp.
There was a fire at Pine Grove in the early 1970's. One of my friends perished in that event. Do you know where I can find or read a newspaper article about the fire? I remember reading about it, at the time, in the NY Daily News, but it seems that their website does not offer archive information. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Joseph's Home (Jan '14) 14 hr Margaret Davies 2
HELP: Children's song about celia the mouse (Dec '09) Dec 25 marykay 12
NYa SState Public Service Commission tells Unit... Dec 2 jtormey3 1
Reasonable Locksmithing (Dec '13) Nov '14 Reasonable Locksm... 10
to whom it may concern (Dec '11) Nov '14 wowangeloyourefunny 11
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... Aug '14 Virgil A Curtis 37
Pothole peril: Seasonal affliction comes early ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lmd 1

Putnam Valley News Video

Putnam Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Putnam Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Putnam Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Putnam Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:56 am PST

ESPN 8:56AM
Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets
NFL 9:05 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: 'I think I'm worth a lot of money'
Bleacher Report 9:24 AM
Report: Jets HC Ryan 'Bracing for His Ouster'
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
RB Darkwa the Latest Giants Rookie to Shine