Woman charged with welfare fraud

Woman charged with welfare fraud

There are 61 comments on the www.poststar.com story from Jan 29, 2008, titled Woman charged with welfare fraud. In it, www.poststar.com reports that:

A 37-year-old Putnam woman has been charged with two felonies for allegedly receiving more than $4,000 in public assistance to which she was not entitled, police said.

Kelly Granger, of Putnam Station, was charged with third-degree grand larceny and first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Granger had filed a re-certification with the Washington County Department of Social Services indicating neither she nor her husband were employed, but in fact, both had been employed, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Granger received $4,088 she shouldn’t have, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.poststar.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Roy, WA

#62 May 24, 2008
these are the bastads that are not helping me out, I'm a stroke survivor battling the system trying to get assissitance and these bastads get it,myI've been unable to functionally use the left side of my body and needless to say regain my work running heavy equipment. I'd like to meet these people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Putnam Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart store Brand Pasta (May '08) 1 hr theytookourjobs 63
Thoughts on McDonalds Crew 1 hr Yes to Subway 15
Chevy BS 14 hr Resident 1
slumlord 20 hr hiv boy 58
Essex County "Judge" Richard Meyers , "Honest "... (Jun '08) Wed concerned citizen 370
Ricki the ugly crackhead Jul 18 Divine intervention 12
keith porter Jul 16 oneway 12

Putnam Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Putnam Station Mortgages