Selling aluminum cans at Tennessee metals

Posted in the Puryear Forum

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Hello,
My step son collected cans for about 3 months and he 11 lbs he got $2.75 for them.
tn metals gave him 1 penny a pound for them. They made 44 cents.
I called Murry recycling the same day and they were giving 45 cents for the cans a pound.
Just thought I would let people know about the big ripoff they will get by going to Tn metals.
buttercup

United States

#2 Nov 22, 2008
so, i ask you..why didnt you call murray recycling before you went to Tn metals??????

looks like you are the dummy here...!

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2008
buttercup wrote:
so, i ask you..why didnt you call murray recycling before you went to Tn metals??????
looks like you are the dummy here...!
It was closer. Hum
I didn't call anyone dummy.
murray girl

Cunningham, KY

#4 Nov 25, 2008
tn metals r the dummies. they've been robbed several times and only resently put up cameras. what made it so bad is the theives were taking the same stuff back and getting money for again.
murray girl

Cunningham, KY

#5 Nov 25, 2008
2.75 must be their price on everything. we took a dryer and some scrap metal and only got 2.75 for it.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 26, 2008
murray girl wrote:
2.75 must be their price on everything. we took a dryer and some scrap metal and only got 2.75 for it.
I emailed the people over the selling of cans and all scrap, they said that the recycling people could name there own price. I will not take anything to Tn metals again.
Murrayracers

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Sep 8, 2010
down on the corner wrote:
<quoted text>
I emailed the people over the selling of cans and all scrap, they said that the recycling people could name there own price. I will not take anything to Tn metals again.
The person that said they got one penny per pound for 11 lbs. of cans, and the total was 2.75 needs to check their math. I have taken scrap to TN Metals, and I got excellent service and prices!?
luckyguy

Kirksey, KY

#9 Sep 15, 2010
I agree with murrayracers (down on the cornor if you made a mistake in your math, could it be you made a mistake about what price you got or the actual pounds you sold???? Tn metals weighs and pays you for the grade aluminum you bring them. enough said! they are honest, you must be their competition, your story doesn't add up!

Location hidden

#10 Oct 16, 2010
Well, I am so sorry. I had forgotten the actual amount of LBS of cans but, It was a half a penny a lb. It was 45 cents at Murray reclyling.
Rooster Rednexk

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Jul 25, 2012
I's recycled my old beer cars down at Walt's. he gives me a free beer for every 4x4 load I's gives em. I consider that a deel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puryear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne 7 min She Rox 3
Dylan Mcnutt 7 hr xunt 4
Snitches 8 hr Confused 13
Birthday Party Venues 8 hr IBTL 5
ben fields 9 hr IBTL 6
So many Powerstrokes... 17 hr understandable 20
Guy and Joyce Biggs (May '14) 18 hr Been there before 33
Puryear Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web