a person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

who was the 17 year old girl killed this morning?
courtney

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

her name was Miranda Simon
daughter of Daniel and Gina Simon
sister of Joshua Simon
the family lived on R Thompson Road

Randi was my cousin attending her freshmen year of college at Southeastern University in Hammond, Louisiana. Miranda was a fun, bubbly, loving, charismatic, beautiful young woman with ambition and goals beyond belief. Her 18 birthday would have been on November 30, and she was counting down the days until she became legal. Unfortunately, her life was cut short due to a tragic car accident off of Pervice to Baxterville Road and her father was the first one to arrive on the horrific scene. Her funeral was held on Sunday November 23, 2008 in Harvey, Louisiana, close to New Orleans. 160 people attended her funeral according to her guest book. Family members presented a beuatiful slide show and her boyfriend made a collage of pictures in her memory. Miranda Sheri Simon will forever be in our hearts and is greatly missed.

i love you Miranda.
Courtney De Latte
jacob

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

miranda was my cosin and my besttest friend in the whole world and i will always miss her. her nick name was randi like some 1 else had said in a post. i know her family will always miss her. Josh said that she swerved and swerved until her tires had griped and flipped and her dad my uncle danny was cryin for a long time her funiral was to day and i cried the whole time because i will lways miss her and love her and so will her fiends and family.

jacob

p.s. she gave every one nick names.
Wendy Charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

I am Miranda's aunt Wendy and live in Houston, TX My husband Carl is her uncle and Godfather. Her moms older brother.Miranda was beautiful, very smart, a freshman in college at 17 years old. She had a love for life and her family, also for God.She has many cousins and Aunts and Uncles who will miss her every day of our lives not including all of her friends and she had many of them who will miss her.We were blessed to have her in our lives.Randi has all made us realize never take things for grantite. Live life as she did and love everyone and everything around you as only God knows how long someone will touch our lives. We love you Miranda and will keep you in our hearts forever.
Love, Aunt Wendy, Paran, Aaron, Crys, Dani, Courtney, and Mamaw Betty
Wendy Charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

were do you find the news articles to read about what was written about my neice who was killed in lumberton on thurs. 11-20
Dani

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

We all read the headlines about tragedies such as this one, and never stop to think about who that person really was. Randi wasn't just a "17 year old girl." The proof of that was clearly seen at her memorial service. Although everyone hung their heads to cry for a life cut so short, it's impossible for anyone who knew her to not smile (and even laugh out loud) when she comes to mind. This young girl, Miranda, had such a huge impact on so many people's lives. There is not a day that will go that I don't remember you Randi. We love you and miss you so much.

Lamentations 3:31-33
For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.
Aunt Dory

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Sunday is Randi's 18th birthday. While she is celebrating her birthday with all of our loved ones that went home we can share in the celebration here by enjoying a piece of cheesecake. She loved cheesecake.
Courtney Charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

Randi was the reason for many laughs and funny jokes. She was smart, beautiful, amazing, and a light to a dark room. This girl was more than a cousin to me but a true friend. She made me laugh even if i didn't want to. She cried with me when i was hurting. She shared a love that doesn't come easy. She gave all she had and will forever be with me. I cry because i miss you randi. I cry because im hurting but in the mist of all my tears, i laugh because you would want me to. If i could have anything in the world, it would be to talk to you one last time and let you know that you are wonderful, amazing, and everything I wish I could be. I love you and will miss you all my days. Watch over me and let me know you're here sometimes in your little ways that came so natural.
Kiran

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

My husband and I are Miranda's neighbors. We met her and her family few months ago when she moved to Hammond to go to Southeastern. She was a very beautiful, well mannered, friendly person. Her room mate just told me about her earlier today and we are still in shock. Miranda was so full of life, joy and hope. We pray for her and her family.
Sarah Seither

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Miranda Simon, she was the most amazing hostess I have ever worked with! Everyday she would walk into work with the biggest smile on her face and if any of us girls were having a bad night, she would be the one to cheer us up and make the day birght again! All of our host staff and lots of the servers attended her funerul, it was really hard, we cried and we laughed because I know she wouldn't have wanted us to be crying for she was going home and we would see her again some day with the beautiful smile she had!
WE LOVE YOU GIRL!
Zea staff!
Courtney De Latte

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

I miss you Miranda, so so soooooooooooo mcuh!

but I just wanted to share that she is still among us. When I was driving back to Lafayette from Texas after the Christmas break, I left at the crack of dawn because i was SOO ready to come back to school and whatnot. Well, as I watched the sunrise, there was a light purple/lavender color that lit the sky. And call me crazy, but to me, that was jsut Miranda's way of letting me know she's still here, and she's watching over all of us, and that she was practically in my passenger seat on my 7 hour trip back to school. Just like Uncle Danny said at her funeral service, he knows she's still here; and i jsut wanted to add another piece of proof that he was right!

I love you Miranda and I know we drifted apart over the years, but honestly, your passing really made me make a 180 turn on how I live life. I make decisions based on how my family would approve of them and I make sure I don't do anything to get myself into trouble [remember that talk we had when we went to Walmart when yall came to visit in Texas, haha]. But I really can say that I live for the moment now, and I never take anything forgranted, especially my parents. Jacob still has a hard time with you not being here anymore, but everytime he starts feeling upset I just remind him of his little teddy bear he gave you at your funeral and that a piece of him is always with you, even while you're with GOD.

Anywho, I love and miss you Miranda; RIP Angel.

"An Angel got Her wings, and we'll hold our heads up knowing that She's fine; we'll all be lucky to have a love like that in a lifetime."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purvis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Mon fyi Jackson Missi... 1,986
One dead, one in custody after late night shoot... Mon King Joe Zarate 1
Review: Andrew's Amazing Garden Aug 18 Heath Jacobs 2
punk crips n the burg Aug 13 Maynard 2
obamacare or obamadontcare? Aug 12 Greg 1
bridge repairs??? Aug 12 Greg 1
Ramey's Grocery store (Aug '08) Aug 12 Greg 15

Search the Purvis Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Purvis Jobs

•••