Forrest General Hospital

Posted in the Purvis Forum

First Prev
of 56
Next Last
Burnt-Out

Maple Grove, MN

#1 Sep 28, 2007
*Administration only cares about themselves!
*Too Much Bullshat going on behind the scenes.
*As far as the E.R., Too many stupid ass rules and there is no longer any enjoyment especially when PTO-Vacation time is getting cut back, insurance keeps going up, hours keep getting cut, double time and over time is no longer available, and if I am wearing a white pair of shoes with a small red stripe on it, it is NITPICKY to send someone home when they are trying to take care of patients and do their job!
*No trust in the administration: Cannot trust nobody in administration! They are all backstabbers and cannot be trusted...trust me!
*Money is being mis-used!
During Hurricane Katrina, Administration chilled in the boardroom where there was an A/C while the employees worked without an A/C, toilets backing up, power failure and even the generators failed, and not to mention---a sandwich and coke costs $5 in the cafeteria. You would think that employees could catch a break!
*Every employee needs to strike against Forrest General Hospital!
*Employees are tired of being overworked and UNDERpayed!
*To the U.S. Governament: If the US government does not quit giving free handouts, everyone is going to suffer!
*I am sick and tired of seeing (bitching and inconsiderate) people, which are the main ones getting free healthcare, coming to the E.R. when there is nota dam thing wrong with you!
*I am sick and tired of seeing young people on SSI when they need to have their lazy azz out in the workforce contributing!
To the Low class whites and low class blacks, if you do not have any pride and you want to be a lazy piece of shat all your life..so be IT...but quit draining the healthcare system with your fatherless babies, drug-headed attitudes, and "poor-me attitude"! Have most people that come to FGH E.R. not heard of a Doctor's Office!!?
*Brain M (Vice President) is a pig! Not to mention, an arrogant and self-centered punk!
Member of another Post

Prentiss, MS

#2 Sep 29, 2007
QUIT. If you are that miserable, leave. BTW, dont post on another page if what you have to say doesnt have anything to add to the topic.

Thanks.
Malone

AOL

#3 Sep 29, 2007
Which was it? Fired, laid off, or your hours cut back?

You have so many subject matters in your post, I'm not sure what the overall subject is.
Burnt-Out

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Sep 29, 2007
Malone wrote:
Which was it? Fired, laid off, or your hours cut back?
You have so many subject matters in your post, I'm not sure what the overall subject is.
You are missing the point! It is not just me or 2 other peaople are 5 people. It is all the employees that are not getting the respect they deserve. There is alot going on that outsiders do not know.
Malone

AOL

#5 Sep 29, 2007
It boils down to this - the all mighty dollar.

Since: Sep 07

AOL

#6 Sep 29, 2007
I am also an employee at the hospital, and I can honestly say that if the public had any idea of the way things were going behind the scenes, they would be appalled. I don't have time right now to elaborate, but I will later on this evening if not tomorrow.
Hurt at Forrest General

Brandon, MS

#7 Oct 1, 2007
Anyone please post information to me. Some info could be used in many ways.
Times R Hard

Anaheim, CA

#8 Oct 2, 2007
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, you need to visit Pine Grove. Soon. At least EAP.
Times are hard here at FGH, but we are not alone. This is happening all over the country. I, for one, am sacrificing so that I will not have to lose my job or lose a co-worker (FTE). If this is what it takes, so be it.
Katrina - where you in the boardroom? I was in and out (although I am not in Administration) and I will tell you it was not air conditioned and it was not administrators in there. There were doctors and nurses, on the phones to FEMA, MEMA, and other hospitals who could take our critical care patients. No one was realxed and taking it easy, I assure you. I saw Brian Maxie also. He was not in the board room, he was wading through the water, trying to find resources so we could save our dialysis patients, and coordinating emergeny action with our public safety department to keep us safe. I saw this with my own eyes. However you feel about him, he will always have my respect.
The Bible tells us that "This too shall pass" and it will. Things may get worse before they get better, but get better they will. I am still happy and proud to be an employee of Forrest General Hospital.
Times R Hard

Anaheim, CA

#9 Oct 2, 2007
BTW, the computer room on administration row WAS air conditioned and that is where we put the babies from the nursery. If anyone has a problem with that, then I seriously wonder where this world is going.
Fred

Savannah, GA

#10 Oct 2, 2007
FGH has too many projects going on at the same time. The new human resources department,the ER,the power plant,and the new water tower (just to name a few). If they can't afford the employees they have now,what is the use in all the construction?
Burnt-Out

Maple Grove, MN

#11 Oct 3, 2007
Fred wrote:
FGH has too many projects going on at the same time. The new human resources department,the ER,the power plant,and the new water tower (just to name a few). If they can't afford the employees they have now,what is the use in all the construction?
AMEN...!!!! Also, if Forrest General wants to start making cutbacks, then they need to start with the chiefs and not the INDIANS! Forrest general did not need to spend $45 million or so dollars on that hospital in Picayune, MS ~~Either!
Probably, whoever posted the message that was so high on Forrest General and loved the place so much, probably has a cushion job making $20 -$30 an hour and can be found at the smokin' dock a good bit of the time!
Even when Forrest General is not having budget problems, administration still looks for a way to screw the employees over. "Pay for performance"~~~that was and IS a damn joke! I saw somebody's evaluation that had nothing but great things to say about the employee and was even mentioned as "going above and beyond" but yet that person got the same piece of shat 2% raise last year!
The place is a JOKE! Big and nice from the outside and rotten on the inside!

Since: Oct 07

Anaheim, CA

#12 Oct 3, 2007
I do love FGH. I have been here 11 years. I am a registered nurse. I am paid hourly and my hours have been cut also. The difference is that I don't get on the internet and whine about it.
How long have you worked at FGH? What do you do here? Probably not much, except complain. Why don't you go to work at Wesley? They weren't affected by the government cuts so they should be treating thier employees very well. I think that honestly, if you are this burned out at FGH then you should just go somewhere else. We don't need you.

Since: Oct 07

Anaheim, CA

#13 Oct 3, 2007
Forgot - I agree that FGH has a lot of projects going on. I totally agree with the water plant and the power plant.Like I said before - I was here during Katrine for 3 days and did we ever need power and water! Not sure about Picayune hospital - don't see the need for it.
As for staffing, I see your point, Fred. I have put the question to a director here and was told that we were overstaffed due to low census. All anyone of us knows is what we are told, and I have to admit that Administration needs to do a better job of letting employees know what's going on. I mean Administration from the CO and VP levels - any lower than that and it's like whispering a secret from one person to the next and when it gets to the end of the room it's a totally different meaning altogether.
Burnt-Out

Maple Grove, MN

#14 Oct 3, 2007
Times R Hard wrote:
I do love FGH. I have been here 11 years. I am a registered nurse. I am paid hourly and my hours have been cut also. The difference is that I don't get on the internet and whine about it.
How long have you worked at FGH? What do you do here? Probably not much, except complain. Why don't you go to work at Wesley? They weren't affected by the government cuts so they should be treating thier employees very well. I think that honestly, if you are this burned out at FGH then you should just go somewhere else. We don't need you.
Well, it is like this! I work hard at my job! Yes, I complain when I and others I care about are getting screwed over! Since you wanna talka bout somebody probably not doing anything I will say this. You are probably one of the RN's that sit on their sorry big or sorry -miss goody goody lazy ass and bark orders to techs! I am a nurse and I see it all the time. So don't tell me it does not happen!Speaking of Wesley, well...I think Wesley is a cleaner and more organized hospital. At least Wesley aint chicken shat and will put a manger scene in front of the building and say "Merry Christmas" instead of that crap "Happy Holidays" and a snowman.. but I forgot, our government is so corrupt that FGH cannot do that (athiest and MUSLIMS do not believe in Christ)+ FGH cannot turn down the frequent flyers that are on medacaid or just does not pay their bills! I wonder why hospitals are in the situation they are in!! Oh! I think I have experienced and keep experiencing that answer!
Speaking of Mr. Maxie: Next time a patient out front needs a wheel chair, it would be nice if he would do it himself instead of walking off and finding somebody else to do it!(get the patient out of a vehicle). I know some ass-kissers at Forrest general and you seem to be one of them!
Fred

Savannah, GA

#15 Oct 3, 2007
It seems to me that upper management needs an overhaul. When I first started FGH was the place to be. The word on the street now is that no one will get a raise at least fo a year. That my friend is a disgrace. As to why im bitchin about it on the internet, Im hurt. I use to feel secure at FGH,I use to feel like we were all one big family. Not anymore.
nita jo

Cividale Del Friuli, Italy

#16 Oct 3, 2007
well heres a thought stay of my dads page bc it about him being coldly murdered not lad off or money cut back think about that it could be worseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e stay off our page!!!!!!!!!!
Fred

Savannah, GA

#17 Oct 3, 2007
nita jo wrote:
well heres a thought stay of my dads page bc it about him being coldly murdered not lad off or money cut back think about that it could be worseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e stay off our page!!!!!!!!!!
What the hell is this?
Burnt Out

Maple Grove, MN

#18 Oct 4, 2007
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is this?
Sounds like that actor in the movie "ghost" with demi Moore and Patrick swayzee...tha dead guy who's spirit is on the train says "GET OFF MY TRAIN"!!!!
Fred, she is talking about the link to this post that somebody put on that post.
Burnt Out

Maple Grove, MN

#19 Oct 4, 2007
Oh, that somebody was me. I was just trying to get the post out there so people would know about it. I did not know people took such offense for putting one or two lines dealing with another subject on their post. It was just a link and explaining the link.
Burnt Out

Maple Grove, MN

#20 Oct 4, 2007
Times R Hard wrote:
Forgot - I agree that FGH has a lot of projects going on. I totally agree with the water plant and the power plant.Like I said before - I was here during Katrine for 3 days and did we ever need power and water! Not sure about Picayune hospital - don't see the need for it.
As for staffing, I see your point, Fred. I have put the question to a director here and was told that we were overstaffed due to low census. All anyone of us knows is what we are told, and I have to admit that Administration needs to do a better job of letting employees know what's going on. I mean Administration from the CO and VP levels - any lower than that and it's like whispering a secret from one person to the next and when it gets to the end of the room it's a totally different meaning altogether.
Somebody cannot count! NO, what it is, Administration wants staffing cut so Administration can increase their pay or else build or buy something new. But the census crap is bullshat too! FGH's RN's cannot get paid what they deserve cause they are compared to the other hospitals in the sorrounding area and other crap! PAY PEOPLE WHAT THEY DESERVE!! Forrest General does not need all the police that they have either! I am not going to say that our policemen at FGH do not deserve their $15 or more $'s per hour but keep 2 (MS state certified officers) and hire 3 public safety guys and pay the title (Public safety)$9.50 / hr. Back to the census: That is just plain bullshat! Go stand around the E.R. triage and count how many come in and get registered. That is not including those brought in by ambulance. Oh that just pisses me off to know that somebody was told "Low Census"! If there is such a low census, then administration needs to cut some Vice Presidents and have only 2 instead of 7 or 8 of them. Not to mention, quick worrying about how dam^ shiny the floors are. The free loaders and those that drain the healthcare system (which is over 50 % of the patients that come to FGH) do not care about a shiny floor! Just sweep the dam^ thing and mop it real good!
Anyways..Low census..hahahaha..."pay for performance"..hahahaha... ..Nice and big from the outside, rotten on the inside..FGH's motto!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Purvis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian witch??? (Dec '15) Dec 5 NoOneOfImportance 5
Help Finding a rental home in Petal or Oak Grove Nov 30 Miah 3
Islam (Dec '15) Nov 29 Miah 2
LGBT Hattiesburg (Mar '16) Nov 29 Miah 2
10 Bible verses you will never hear preached in... (Sep '08) Nov 20 Majik 72
Tina Mae and James Turner Nov 19 Have had enough 10
mtc Nov '17 On a need to know... 1

Purvis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance