Gun show injuries prompt concerns

Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

In the wake of a negligent gun discharge at a Tupelo gun show last weekend that injured a man and a 4-year-old child, gun enthusiasts are discussing safety measures at gun shows.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

If the people that attend and run these shows do not have gun safety understanding why should they have guns. I am all for defending myself with a gun but please do not give them to the mentally handicapped.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
If the people that attend and run these shows do not have gun safety understanding why should they have guns. I am all for defending myself with a gun but please do not give them to the mentally handicapped.
How do you know YOU are not mentally handicapped ?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

"How do you know YOU are not mentally handicapped ? "
==========
I have not shot anyone. That can not be said for those that join the army.
Dr Freud

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
==========
But that's neither here, nor there.
How many people joining the Army have shot someone priorly?
How many people joining the Army have NOT shot someone, priorly?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Look at the odds. The military gives much more opportunity to kill than any other occupation.

Anyone joining knows that and becomes a psychopath.
justme

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
Look at the odds. The military gives much more opportunity to kill than any other occupation.

Ok so your saying all these men and women who have fought and died for our country have all been psychopaths, unbelievable. In a different culture than ours you would be hung for treason.
Dr Freud

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
Not true. Cops are more involved in that matter, especially in the domestic sense.
The ONLY time the military are involved in death, is when they are employed in war.
But further, and VERY MUCH MORE than that, is the medical profession in the U.S.: Over 100,000 people in the U.S. are 'killed' at the hands of 'medical professionals each year.
So, WHO which 'profession' gives the greatest opportunity to kill?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

"So, WHO which 'profession' gives the greatest opportunity to kill? "
==========
Everyone dies and many in a hospital. The physician took an oath to save lives not to win wars. If a person dies that is attended to by doctor he was going to die anyway. One doctor told me that the body heals it self and the doctor only aids in the speed. Same for dieing.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
"So, WHO which 'profession' gives the greatest opportunity to kill? "
==========
Everyone dies and many in a hospital. The physician took an oath to save lives not to win wars. If a person dies that is attended to by doctor he was going to die anyway. One doctor told me that the body heals it self and the doctor only aids in the speed. Same for dieing.
Maybe you could put this theory to a test ??

Do you need a firearm ?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

"In a different culture than ours you would be hung for treason. "
==========
Goes to prove a point. Those who think that force is good, are psychopaths. The very fact that an imaginary line drawn between cultures requires defence to the death ignores humanity.

We are all human, not rival teams fighting for imaginary victories to control each other.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
"In a different culture than ours you would be hung for treason. "
==========
Goes to prove a point. Those who think that force is good, are psychopaths. The very fact that an imaginary line drawn between cultures requires defence to the death ignores humanity.
We are all human, not rival teams fighting for imaginary victories to control each other.
I guess that makes fire extinguishers and insurance an unneeded item as well. Nobody will ever have the need for insurance because their property will never be damaged by anyone or nobody will be injured on their property. Nobody will ever have a fire either so no need for a fire extinguisher or fire department. Is it hard to see with your head lodged that far up your ass?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Insurance is a fraud for those that disregard risk. Fire Extinguishers are for those that practice risky behavior. Everything has cause and effect. There are those who make money from people that do not learn the effect of risky behavior. The majority of humans never used a fire extinguisher or need insurance. The marketing of these things are based on fear and the stupid acts of people that do not take the time to do things with care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
Insurance is a fraud for those that disregard risk. Fire Extinguishers are for those that practice risky behavior. Everything has cause and effect. There are those who make money from people that do not learn the effect of risky behavior. The majority of humans never used a fire extinguisher or need insurance. The marketing of these things are based on fear and the stupid acts of people that do not take the time to do things with care.
You must use Charmin as a necktie. Your head has to be that far up your ass with the comments you make.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

I guess you lack the ability to give a rebuttal.
Frank Rizzo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
I guess you lack the ability to give a rebuttal.
Same way you lack the ability to make a reasoned valid point.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Same way you lack the ability to make a reasoned valid point.
The point is guns do not kill people or make mistakes. It is humans that have control and do not take their actions seriously enough to live without the safety net.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is guns do not kill people or make mistakes. It is humans that have control and do not take their actions seriously enough to live without the safety net.
The point is that prudent people take precautions such as fire extinguishers and insurance. You can control YOUR actions but not the actions of others or unforseen mishaps. I will keep insurance, fire extinguishers and guns. Think on the bright side though, with your head that far up your ass you don't need a hat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

anon wrote:
==========
Many people serve in the military and never see a shot fired in anger. Several that I know have served a full 20 years without seeing any action. Not all in the service are in a place requiring firearms or being shot at.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Prudent people are careful and do not make the mistakes that need insurance as replacement and a middle man to charge others for you poor behavior. Both insurance and extra products, just in case are marketing ploys that take advantage of fear and no responsibility.

The next time you complain about your savings think what you threw away because someone marketed fear to your emotions. As for my head it has a mind that thinks about more that your where your mind is.

As for the military someone that that operates and repairs drone contributes to the death they cause. No one on the team is innocent. As for me I pay the taxes to the mafia to do it. Simply because I will not fight for it to stop.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

anon wrote:
Prudent people are careful and do not make the mistakes that need insurance as replacement and a middle man to charge others for you poor behavior. Both insurance and extra products, just in case are marketing ploys that take advantage of fear and no responsibility.
The next time you complain about your savings think what you threw away because someone marketed fear to your emotions. As for my head it has a mind that thinks about more that your where your mind is.
As for the military someone that that operates and repairs drone contributes to the death they cause. No one on the team is innocent. As for me I pay the taxes to the mafia to do it. Simply because I will not fight for it to stop.
So you don't have homeowners insurance even though lightning could very well strike it and burn it down?
You don't carry car insurance even though your car could be hit and totaled by someone else (their fault) and you're okay if THEY don't have insurance?
You don't have health insurance so you'll pony up out of your pocket after an appendectomy?
Wow. You must be rich!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of152
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purvis Discussions

Search the Purvis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ramey's Grocery store (Aug '08) 49 min Becky Umpleby 14
punk crips n the burg Fri CKl 1
Veteran Supreme Court Justice Randolph challeng... (Oct '12) Fri Jeff Smith 2
Dude named Van Fri webster 1
Review: Bureau Of Narcotics Jul 10 WellI know 1
Carl Nicholson- You Mad Bro? Jul 8 NoFear 1
More Jul 6 Non curious 1
•••
•••