Fred H

Runnemede, NJ

#3270 Oct 23, 2013
Do you know where in Fl Mike Yamazzo moved to? I Have been trying to find Richie Holton a good friend of mine and Mikes from our BSHS days and hope Mike knows his whereabouts.
The last I heard from Barry Smith he had just moved to Port St Lucie Fl a year or so ago right after his brother Brian Smith passed away.
frankie rat nac wrote:
<quoted text>Thank's Rich, thought I was losing it.When we were in school he was a good friend of mine, for little kids, in our class there was Ronny LaScala, Mike Yamazzo, Joey Mueller, Gerry Florio,Al DiPiazza,Johnny "Terry" Lyden, Barry Smith, Peter Hilser, to name a few.
Fred H

Runnemede, NJ

#3271 Oct 23, 2013
Wasn't that "crack" where the barge met the floating dock ? Man that was a lifetime ago but Im still married to a gal that I used to bring there on dates in 59 and early 60 before I was 18.
frankie rat nac wrote:
<quoted text> Remember the crack in the floor coming down the ramp, where the tables were?
Fred H

Runnemede, NJ

#3272 Oct 23, 2013
Big D,
When you mentioned "Thursday nights" are you talking about the foreign Domestics & Nanny's gals night off party's at the Ship Ahoy. Man I loved that place.
Big D wrote:
Things changed in ways we never expected. Who could have imagined going down Main Street and NOT seeing the Thruway Diner. And NOT hearing the old-world Italian dialect spoken on every street corner along Union Avenue. Or getting a "wedge" from one of the dozen or so family delis. Even Woolworth's, and Grant's, and Thursday nights - gone forever. And gone is Alan Freed on the radio (WINS-1010AM!) playing Rock'n'Roll and hawking tickets to the Brooklyn Paramount (a bunch of us went with our girlfriends – it seemed EVERY rock'n'roller under the sun was there, too! Also the cops… running up and down the isles trying to keep us kids from dancing! And the bone-jarring music, Jerry Lee Lewis, what a blast!)
Meanwhile, now I visit New Rochelle sitting in an easy-chair using Google’s street-view. And there I also see how little some things have changed. Like my old neighborhood, the house where I grew up – they look pretty much the same as they did 50 or 60 years ago. In fact, by outward appearances the only thing that has changed is you (i.e. me)! And that stranger sitting on my porch, and the strange car in my driveway. And me sitting at home a thousand miles away, who could have ever imagined it…
frankie rat nac

Columbia, MO

#3273 Oct 23, 2013
Fred H wrote:
Wasn't that "crack" where the barge met the floating dock ? Man that was a lifetime ago but Im still married to a gal that I used to bring there on dates in 59 and early 60 before I was 18.
<quoted text>
You got it, funny how we remember little things. Johnny Egan was a pretty good friend, was an alterboy for father walsh.i think ??
MissingNY

Wood River, IL

#3274 Nov 2, 2013
My grandparents and Aunt lived at 5 Circuit Rd for years and years! Lou Gehrig and his wife used to live in the penthouse of 5 Circuit Rd.
Jammahn

Fairfield, CT

#3275 Nov 7, 2013
Lived on Church, Prospect and Pelham Rd in the 60's, 70,s 80,s...Was at the Corner Longe during the shootout.....best times ever was fishing for stripped bass at night in me own little boat off Ft. Slocum, Hart Isl., The lighthouse...a TOTALLY different country now, I don't like much.

Since: Jul 09

Stroudsburg, PA

#3276 Nov 7, 2013
Jammahn wrote:
a TOTALLY different country now, I don't like much.
Ditto
rich

Milford, CT

#3277 Nov 7, 2013
You could not ask for a better town to grow in. All we did was play ball all day at Trinity School and Isaac, I lived at 222 Centre Ave. The Ramsey.
econnell

Littleton, CO

#3278 Nov 10, 2013
rich wrote:
You could not ask for a better town to grow in. All we did was play ball all day at Trinity School and Isaac, I lived at 222 Centre Ave. The Ramsey.
Rich, I had an aunt and uncle who lived in an apartment on the corner of Centre Ave. and Huguenot St. I remember NY Telephone offices across the street 1950s. E
rich

Milford, CT

#3279 Nov 10, 2013
Fred H wrote:
I remember Dan Enright, Frank Jahn and also John Egan.
I also remember one wild night at Buzzy and Dicks that two rowing shell oars and a Musket rifle that were wall decorations at B&D wound up in my corvette in front of my house on Fifth Ave, with little memory of how they got there. I dropped them off early the next am on the outside wall of B&D.
<quoted text>
I believe Frank Jahn Passed away. Was a hell of a fb player
rich

Milford, CT

#3280 Nov 10, 2013
Jammahn wrote:
Lived on Church, Prospect and Pelham Rd in the 60's, 70,s 80,s...Was at the Corner Longe during the shootout.....best times ever was fishing for stripped bass at night in me own little boat off Ft. Slocum, Hart Isl., The lighthouse...a TOTALLY different country now, I don't like much.
DOUBLE DITTO We have lost our way. Coach Amo once told me we [ America} will be defeated by the enemy within.
frankie rat nac

Columbia, MO

#3281 Nov 10, 2013
econnell wrote:
<quoted text>Rich, I had an aunt and uncle who lived in an apartment on the corner of Centre Ave. and Huguenot St. I remember NY Telephone offices across the street 1950s. E
econnell, was that the one over the chatter box, or the one that was over Rex Taxi?,or the other building where Carl Roper lived also Lenny Weston. The one over Rex had the James boy's, and the Ford bros. The chatter Box had Johnny Moon Mullins, the Bldgs next to the Chatter Box had, Mikey Walsh George Quigly and a few more guys, mostly from B.S.S.
DENNY BARRETT

Elizabeth, NJ

#3282 Nov 10, 2013
Terrific comments!!! I remember all the places mentioned so very well!!!!! So many changes!!!!! So many people!!! Everyone knew everyone!!! New Rochelle, Always will be my home town!!! Loved it back then!!!
econnell

Denver, CO

#3283 Nov 11, 2013
frankie rat nac wrote:
<quoted text>econnell, was that the one over the chatter box, or the one that was over Rex Taxi?,or the other building where Carl Roper lived also Lenny Weston. The one over Rex had the James boy's, and the Ford bros. The chatter Box had Johnny Moon Mullins, the Bldgs next to the Chatter Box had, Mikey Walsh George Quigly and a few more guys, mostly from B.S.S.
Frankie,
not sure about what was at street level. Been such a long time. If you stood facing Huguenot with back to Main St., it was on right side of Centre dead at Huguenot (I think) My aunt was a Connelly from Emmett Terrace, right across from Jefferson School. I used to practice fielding grounders off the school steps. Eddie
rich

Milford, CT

#3284 Nov 11, 2013
Jammahn wrote:
222 Centre AVE apt 1H
rich

Milford, CT

#3285 Nov 11, 2013
econnell wrote:
<quoted text>Rich, I had an aunt and uncle who lived in an apartment on the corner of Centre Ave. and Huguenot St. I remember NY Telephone offices across the street 1950s. E
I lived on the corner of Trinity and Centre My wife 2 B Eileen Hunt lived on Centre between Main and Hugenott
rich

Milford, CT

#3286 Nov 11, 2013
DENNY BARRETT wrote:
Terrific comments!!! I remember all the places mentioned so very well!!!!! So many changes!!!!! So many people!!! Everyone knew everyone!!! New Rochelle, Always will be my home town!!! Loved it back then!!!
Well we got the GREAT AN I MAN DEN BARRETT ON THIS SITe> MY FRIEND FOR THE PAST 58 years. Philbin the Dolphins coach first coaching position was under Den at the Merchant Marine Aca.
frankie rat nac

Columbia, MO

#3287 Nov 11, 2013
DENNY BARRETT wrote:
Hey Hey, Denny, it is great to see your name here in person. I always wondered how things went with you ever since we left BSS.I went to Florida,while we were at Isaac. And Accocella was starting the foot ball team. I always asked Artie about you when I moved back.He said you were well.I'm out here in Columbia, Mo.. A great college town, especially now with MU, and the SEC.Just kicking back and enjoyong life, hope you as well are too. Frankie Nac..
frankie rat nac

Columbia, MO

#3288 Nov 11, 2013
Eddie C. If you don't cross Houg. its the opposite corner of the old phone co. If you cross Houg. then it'd be over the Chatterbox.

Rich, did your wife live in the bldg, between the beauty parlor, and Talerini's luncheonette ?? If so Johnny Lyden lived there also, and my God parents the O'Keefes.
Jammahn

Milford, CT

#3290 Nov 12, 2013
We moved around the neighborhood a lot ...I guess because me dad was a feisty German who would take no shit....He ended up pretty cool though...working as a chef at the IBM Armonk HQ until he retired.....he NEVER lost his dignity though....many today don't even know the meaning of the word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Purchase Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cuomo stumps for Mayer in heated special election Tue BDS 2
NRHS Fire 1968 (Feb '09) Apr 23 Den Glecker 57
St.MARYS IN THE FIELD (Mar '15) Apr 22 Arlene 12
Review: Klever's Auto Repair (Nov '15) Apr 21 Cheryl 2
News New Rochelle Board of Education adopts $272,804... Apr 21 333stenbrian 1
News Binghamton University freshman fatally stabbed ... Apr 20 The Thinker 2
Growing up in Larchmont (Dec '07) Apr 8 jlowell 66

Purchase Jobs

Personal Finance

Purchase Mortgages