Growing up in Mamaroneck
lucky

Highlands, NC

#323 Aug 24, 2013
[ If anyone grew up with my Dad, David Patchen from Maple Ave back in the 1950's, I will be throwing him a surprise 70th birthday party mid November 2013 in Dutchess County, NY ...would love to blow him away with a blast from the past from any of his old buddies from the neighborhood[/ did your dad live on Mamaroneck at one time late 50s
lucky

Highlands, NC

#324 Aug 24, 2013
did you dad live on Mamaroneck ave late 50s
Frank Sturino

Scottsdale, AZ

#325 Aug 25, 2013
I new your Dad back in mk as well as your Grandfathe and uncle.Your Dad, Bob adamo, and I used to play Gin together many all nighters as mater of fact I think he still owes me a $20 bill just kidding. Please say hi and Happy Birthday for me tell him I am living in AZ
Lori Patchen

Pawling, NY

#326 Aug 26, 2013
lucky wrote:
did you dad live on Mamaroneck ave late 50s
As a matter of fact, yes he did ...they did not move to Maple Ave until the 60's and lived on Richbell Road when I was born in 1968 :)
Lori Patchen

Pawling, NY

#327 Aug 26, 2013
Frank Sturino wrote:
I new your Dad back in mk as well as your Grandfathe and uncle.Your Dad, Bob adamo, and I used to play Gin together many all nighters as mater of fact I think he still owes me a $20 bill just kidding. Please say hi and Happy Birthday for me tell him I am living in AZ
Hiya Frank ..now I know why he sits there all night playing Gin, poker and pinochle on Pogo, lol..my grandfather, Joe, Sr, is fantastic and still runs circles around Daddy on the golf course by their summer home up in Lake George, NY..we lost my best friend in the world, Uncle Joe,Jr in May 2011...I have some old pictures on my Facebook profile that you might like to see..thank you so much for responding...I have so very many wonderful memories of Mam'k..firemen's bazaar and fireworks, learning to swim down at Harbor Island, covering my ice cream in tons of toppings at Milk Maid, that God-awful sound of the fire "whistle" lol...back in those days, holidays were made to be very special in Mamaroneck..unforgettable ;) LoriAnn Patchen
Bob Frattarola

Orlando, FL

#328 Sep 13, 2013
Sally,
Yes, that's me. I am living in Orlando and work for the School Board, Joe is still living in Harrison and Tony is in Las Vegas. Any news of a reunion soon?

Sallyann Ssalerno wrote:
Bob Frattarola did you live in harbor heights? brother joe ??? he had a convertible and used to take us for a ride with the top down and the heat on? frosty's ice cream place the best..and great memories too.
Susan

Poquoson, VA

#329 Oct 28, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, brother Tom! I love it, too! I don't think it was "our" Dawn G. She would have responded! I can always ask her sister Barbara - we still keep in touch. Eddie Romani is now gone to the Great Hangout in the Sky, as are all the Romani brothers, I believe. It was Mark who was his partner at the Bee Hive - where I "officially" met Tony! Love you. Lou
I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this wonderful place, but so glad that I did. The Romani brothers are my uncles, Raymond, Joseph, Mark, and Eddie. Sadly, all have passed away. My dear mother is Frances Romani, oldest of the 4 Romani sisters. We lost her in August 2010, at 86. She left Mamaroneck as a young, single woman. She was ahead of her time, so adventurous, utterly fearless. She traveled the world, but her heart was always in Mamaroneck. Throughout her life, mother regaled us with her fond memories of growing up in Mamaroneck. How we miss her and her wonderful stories.... Fran's oldest daughter, Susan B
Kimberly Blood Blodgett

Tampa, FL

#330 Oct 29, 2013
My mother is Marti Blood, sister of Bunky and daughter of Martin Blood, the owner of Blood Brothers. Small world.
Kimberly Blood Blodgett

Tampa, FL

#331 Oct 29, 2013
jag wrote:
George"Bunky"Blood died of stomach cancer two years after he returned from Nam...he worked with agent orange in Nam loading that crap..I hope some day the VA puts the names of those who died from it to at least post their names on wall in Washington....
My mother is Marti Blood, sister of Bunky and daughter of Martin Blood, the owner of Blood Brothers. Small world.
Bill Fraser

Union City, NJ

#332 Nov 3, 2013
lucky wrote:
<quoted text> hey frank remember them all like it was yesterday..fun times
yes there was a place above Cooks called Custard King where McDonald's is now. The owner Joe, also ran the miniature golf next to it. The place across from the high school was called the Hoople House,it was a very popular place in 1957 -58
Lori Patchen

Pawling, NY

#333 Nov 3, 2013
Frank Sturino wrote:
Frank we are setting up a "slideshow" with video birthday greetings from all over the country...would you have access to a smartphone to send me a 30 second video clip wishing him a happy birthday? If you would be willing to do this, please email me at [email protected] and I will give you my phone number to send the video clip to :) thanks xoxo
Judy C

Mesa, AZ

#334 Nov 29, 2013
Hi Lori, I was your dad's next door neighbor at 125 Mamaroneck Avenue for a few years. I graduated Mamaroneck High School class of "63". I believe, your dad graduated in "62". I remember your grandmother, your uncles Joe and Jeff, your aunt Deborah and of course your grandfather. I have fond memories of all of them. Tell your dad that I wish him a Happy Belated birthday and tell your grandfather I said hello. I'm living in Mesa, AZ now.
Larchmont Memories

Longboat Key, FL

#335 Jan 18, 2014
I grew up in the 50s on North Chatsworth Ave, a block from Murray Ave School. Broderson's potato salad was the best I have ever had. Moved to the end of Orienta Point in 7th grade. Terry Connor was the closest and best childhood friend one could have. No one knows where he is.

What fun to grow up in Larchmont in the 50s. Ms. Adams dance school, junior league dances at LYC, the reservoir woods off of Forrest Ave, sleepy days delivering papers, Horseshoe Harbor Yacht Club in the summer, racing my 110 summer after summer. Really fond memories.
Willie D

Brooklyn, NY

#336 Aug 2, 2014
I grew up in Larchmont on Boston Post across from Loyal Inn Bowling Went to Mammaroneck but first went to the Hommocks in mid 80' hung out at Cooks on Boston Post. anyone from the times kinda when Matt was discovered but I hung out sometimes with Kevin when he was with Stephanie Anyone remember those days
Lori P

Pawling, NY

#337 Aug 5, 2014
Willie D wrote:
I grew up in Larchmont on Boston Post across from Loyal Inn Bowling Went to Mammaroneck but first went to the Hommocks in mid 80' hung out at Cooks on Boston Post. anyone from the times kinda when Matt was discovered but I hung out sometimes with Kevin when he was with Stephanie Anyone remember those days
I'm guessing you are referring to the Dillon family?
bob s

Moreno Valley, CA

#338 Sep 9, 2014
Lori Patchen wrote:
hiya :) If anyone grew up with my Dad, David Patchen from Maple Ave back in the 1950's, I will be throwing him a surprise 70th birthday party mid November 2013 in Dutchess County, NY ...would love to blow him away with a blast from the past from any of his old buddies from the neighborhood
Lori sorry I came across this too late for your dads 70th. Grew up on Richbell Road, a few doors down from your dad. Used to shoot pool and play cards with him, Mr. Sturino,(still owes me $20), DeDe and Ken Paterno(also from Richbell Road) and Bob Adamo. Still been in contact with Bob Poccia,(So. Carolina), Bob Buena (SoCal) Recently made contact with Ed Westfall (Ct.) Lori, please be sure to tell your dad belated Happy Biirthday for me, Bob Stefanik
bob s

Moreno Valley, CA

#339 Sep 9, 2014
Kimberly Blood Blodgett wrote:
Kimberly I had gone fishing with your Grandfather on more than on occasion. It was so much fun Riganos , Martin going out of Atlantic Highlands For bluefish -- before the bluefish came into Long Island Sound.
Georgiesgirl

Palm Bay, FL

#340 Sep 30, 2014
Frank Sturino Az wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Tony I worked at Plastic factory in58 or59 with Joe Lanza. Some of the guys that were there at that time Bobby Horton Charlie and shorty in the Shipping dept Bobby Richie Bamboos brother Larry Pasqulie. I am not sure if we were there the same time do you remember me at all. I lived on center st Whashington st Halstead ave in Rye neck went to Mama/k jr high then to Belows for a short time.Some one asked was there something between Mc donalds and Cooks yes there was for a short time a Miniture Golf ect. than there was a dry claners.Some places in Mamak not mention the Bee hive next to Rye Neck/ A bar that was across from Mamak Junior high it was a house turned into a bar The old Tong Hoy dont remeber the correct spelling/ Lindys Dinner on Mamak ave/ Canada Lounge on Mamak ave. If I have hit anyone who has memiories of this period I like to hear from you
My grandfather and then my father owned the Mamaroneck Diner back in the day. My parents, Jay and George Brodin frequented the Canada lounge. I actually remember them bringing me in there as a small child. Sadly both grandfather and father have passed.
Frank Monteleone

Hudson, FL

#341 Oct 6, 2014
Great site! I see some familiar names here. Frank Sturino - I went to school with your brother Ray. I am Charlie and Bill Lanza's nephew. I played with Soul Feelin' at The Canada Lounge, for years and then went on to do music, recordings, etc in several different venues. I now reside in Florida. Good to see this post!
bob s

Moreno Valley, CA

#342 Oct 27, 2014
Frank Monteleone wrote:
Great site! I see some familiar names here. Frank Sturino - I went to school with your brother Ray. I am Charlie and Bill Lanza's nephew. I played with Soul Feelin' at The Canada Lounge, for years and then went on to do music, recordings, etc in several different venues. I now reside in Florida. Good to see this post!
Frank-were your uncles the Lanzas that had Lanza Bros garage, next to Canada Lounge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Purchase Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Security Cameras On Tap for Upscale Village Nea... 4 hr ksnow 1
News Westchester County Police Seize 3.5 Kilos Of He... Jul 22 stenbrian333 1
Review: Hudson North LLC (Nov '08) Jul 21 wp resident 101
News Hillary Clinton shuts down Donald Trump on Twit... Jul 16 trump fan 11
Aurora mo. cop.having his sexual ways withmenta... (Sep '07) Jul 13 hmm 19
News Middle School Students Graduate, Head To Pelham... Jul 11 Does Not Matter 1
News How Hillary Clinton's email scandal took root Jul 10 Cordwainer Trout 4

Purchase Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Purchase Mortgages