Gas station remains closed after expl...

Gas station remains closed after explosion

There are 1 comment on the The Journal News story from Aug 10, 2010, titled Gas station remains closed after explosion. In it, The Journal News reports that:

The Mobil gas station on the Hutchinson River Parkway is expected to remain closed for the near future after an explosive fire destroyed one pump and damaged others during an accident Sunday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

Linda Joe Salvini

New York, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2010
WOW! OMG! This was a very scary experience. My husband and I were on our way home from visiting friends in CT. We pulled into the Mobil gas station (south bound) as we always do for a pit stop. My husband stayed in the car and I went into use the facilities. All of a sudden a man was yelling fire inside the store and telling us to get out. Not knowing where the fire was thinking it was inside I went to the nearest exit but I immediately had to go back inside beacuse of the intense heat and smoke. You could not see anything in front of your face. I went back inside of the store and went out the other exit to find more smoke. At that time I saw a man helping an elderly man who was definitely hurt. At this point I did not know what or where the smoke or fire was coming from or where to go. My husband was in the car parked across from the pump that was hit and caught fire luckily he moved his car up closer to the exit to get away from the fire and smoke. There was finally a clearing of the smoke and I saw our car but was so frightened to go to the car because thats when I realized the gas pumps were on fire and people were driving to get out of the station and I knew the smoke would not allow them to see people who was running away. I finally ran to our car and got in choking, crying, my eyes and nose were running and burning from the smoke and whatever the chemical was that was in the air. I am an asthmatic and had to use my inhaler to help me breathe. I have to say this was a very, very life altering experience. Luckily we were able to get out of there. Very traumatic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Purchase Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Rochelle Middle School Found Dumping Raw Se... Jul 26 333stenbrian 1
News Security Cameras On Tap for Upscale Village Nea... Jul 25 ksnow 1
News Westchester County Police Seize 3.5 Kilos Of He... Jul 22 stenbrian333 1
Review: Hudson North LLC (Nov '08) Jul 21 wp resident 101
News Hillary Clinton shuts down Donald Trump on Twit... Jul 16 trump fan 11
Aurora mo. cop.having his sexual ways withmenta... (Sep '07) Jul 13 hmm 19
News Middle School Students Graduate, Head To Pelham... Jul 11 Does Not Matter 1

Purchase Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Purchase Mortgages