Police: Bus Driver Attacked Student

May 12, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsChannel 8

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says on April 27, the bus driver, Lavangila N. McKissic, 35, told a 15-year-old Harmony Intermediate School student to turn down his MP3 player.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
rlia

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Why was it necessary for the bus driver to ask the student to turn down his MP3 player at all? Why did she have to ask him more than once? The parents of the "attacked" student and the Loudoun school system are doing the child no favors by taking his part.

Since I was a teacher before we started a family, my three children knew if they got into trouble at school, they were in twice as much trouble at home. If that were the case with this student, then he would not be causing problems to start with. Further, the county does nothing for employee morale by not standing up for an employee trying to do a good job. I think this situation needs a lot more investigating before the bus driver is blamed....and then, I think the kid needs a good swift kick in the pants.
law abiding citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

No person has the right to lay their hands on another human being without that persons permission. Who cares is the student was playing fhis mp3 player, are you kidding me, this is the real crime of our youth give me a break, I move here from Los Angeles CA, Where students and teachers have to go to school and interact with serious crime done by the youth. I mean really, This child should have never even been told that he needed to turn down his mp3 player, He went to school did his work, like he is suppose to and we punish him by saying you need to not have any form of fun on your way home from school....So with that logic, Your telling me that when you are done working you get in the car and don't turn the radio on at all. I think that ppl have nothing better to do with there time then to pick on ppl you don' t like or agree with. It's like the teacher who picks on the kid, because she doesn't like the way the student dresses. We treat the teenage generation in this county like they are a bunch of 5 yr olds. We are talking about teenagers, they are going to listen to music, they are going to argue when they don't get there way. Let the kids be kids. stop trying to make robots out of your young generation. All we are doing by this is making sure that our future is no different then the pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purcellville Discussions

Search the Purcellville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Event Rentals in Leesburg Jul 2 Robert Forbes 1
Dismissed: Recall effort against Delgaudio toss... Jun 26 Unknown Grave 2
Judge rejects gag order in Severance case in Va. Jun '14 Anonymous 1
Suvojeet biswas (Nov '13) Jun '14 guddu painter 6
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Michael Corbett, a teacher at Pinebrook Element... May '14 Ayesha Shah 1
•••
•••
•••
Purcellville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Purcellville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••