Body Found in Jefferson County

Body Found in Jefferson County

There are 71 comments on the GantDaily.com story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Body Found in Jefferson County. In it, GantDaily.com reports that:

The body of a yet-to-be-identified man was discovered in the Jefferson County village of Hamilton, according to the state police at Punxsutawney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GantDaily.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Used to live in Punxsy PA

Brownsville, TX

#63 Oct 1, 2013
Michael Sugars evidently stole a sidearm from his neighbor Timothy E Butterworth and attempted to robe Chet Haddow, Chet and Chad Haddow are the largest drug dealers in Punxsy and have been for years, Chet was his Heroine supplier. Nate Farcus was another one of the suppliers with the Haddows who died in 1999 of a drug overdoes. According to the news I received the gun went off during the robbery which killed Chet afterward Tara Miller and Sean Wolfe assisted Michael Sugars in butchering up the body with a chain saw and disposing it in different locations.

Michael Sugars was arrested and plead guilty after confessing to all of it. He has been in and out of rehab a number of times for heroine and I heard he also used to be a drug trafficker as well! He was already facing charges for identity theft for stealing Timothy E Butterworth's credit card to purchase a video game console in order to pawn it for heroine which he was caught on video tape at the local Walmart!

They are currently seeking the death penalty for Michael. He is not a first time offender.

Punxsutawney PA has a large illegal drug trade and has since I lived their back in 1999! One less drug trafficker if he was not killed by a junkie robbing him I would consider it worth celebrating!
larry

Punxsutawney, PA

#64 Oct 1, 2013
Used to live in Punxsy PA wrote:
Michael Sugars evidently stole a sidearm from his neighbor Timothy E Butterworth and attempted to robe Chet Haddow, Chet and Chad Haddow are the largest drug dealers in Punxsy and have been for years, Chet was his Heroine supplier. Nate Farcus was another one of the suppliers with the Haddows who died in 1999 of a drug overdoes. According to the news I received the gun went off during the robbery which killed Chet afterward Tara Miller and Sean Wolfe assisted Michael Sugars in butchering up the body with a chain saw and disposing it in different locations.
Michael Sugars was arrested and plead guilty after confessing to all of it. He has been in and out of rehab a number of times for heroine and I heard he also used to be a drug trafficker as well! He was already facing charges for identity theft for stealing Timothy E Butterworth's credit card to purchase a video game console in order to pawn it for heroine which he was caught on video tape at the local Walmart!
They are currently seeking the death penalty for Michael. He is not a first time offender.
Punxsutawney PA has a large illegal drug trade and has since I lived their back in 1999! One less drug trafficker if he was not killed by a junkie robbing him I would consider it worth celebrating!
I cant see how this is a death penalty case when mr Haddow was engaged in a illegal activity as in drug dealing ,, that in its self the corts look at as risky,, and contributed a certain percentage to his death,, there are a number of factors not yet reviled that I believe take the death penalty off the table,, and even a life sentence can be off the table also ,, don't get me wrong I think mr Sugars will be in jail a long time,, but looking at the big picture and the way the law looks at things don't be surprised what happens next,,,,
Joel

Punxsutawney, PA

#65 Oct 1, 2013
So why haven't Sean Wolf and Tara Mlller been brought forward and arrested also ?
larry

Punxsutawney, PA

#66 Oct 1, 2013
Joel wrote:
So why haven't Sean Wolf and Tara Mlller been brought forward and arrested also ?
maybe it,s all speculation and rumor as to there involvement and is hard to prove,, I think every one involved now has learned to shut there mouth ,, it makes it hard to go around and arrest any one on a rumor,, when they remain quiet, and don't say any thing, it makes it hard for the police to go to court and just toss around theories of what happened ,, but when a person speaks of the events of a incident it becomes a noted statement with real weight of the events that transpired ,,,,,,,,,,
Comment to the idiot

Philipsburg, PA

#67 Oct 2, 2013
So if you haven't lived in Punxsy since 1999 then you obviously have no idea as to what your talking about.
Michael Sugars was arrested and plead guilty after confessing to all of it.
If he already plead guilty, then there will be no trial, except for the sentencing stage, and they will not be going for the death penalty, as a sentencing deal would have already been made between his Attorney and The DA

So that just goes to show how untruthful as well as unknowing that YOU are..... and just making up gossip, so go blow.......
According to the news I received the gun went off during the robbery which killed Chet afterward Tara Miller and Sean Wolfe assisted Michael Sugars in butchering up the body with a chain saw and disposing it in different locations.
So, how do You know all this, huh? maybe you were involved?
wilma

Punxsutawney, PA

#68 Oct 9, 2013
Wow wrote:
Chet was a good friend of mine
was he also you dealer?
SAM

Cleveland, OH

#69 Oct 12, 2013
From Ohio: My prayers to the family of this young man. I hope PA still uses the electric chair.
himler

Punxsutawney, PA

#70 Oct 12, 2013
SAM wrote:
From Ohio: My prayers to the family of this young man. I hope PA still uses the electric chair.
,,,,,,,,,, no electric chair here sorry,, and buy the way he was not a young man just a 30 something drug dealer,, engaged in a criminal act that happened to spiral into events that contributed to his death ,, I guess drug dealing must be riskay business?
thefactspeopleth efacts

Rossiter, PA

#72 Jun 30, 2014
1st of all your all retarded nate farcus died long before anyone here was using not here in punxsy but up by allentown or redding. Not important so for you to say that means I take anything else you have to say with a grain of salt.
stop repeating shit you hear...don't you people remember that game we played in elementary school? youu know the one where a sentence is said and passed from ear to ear only to get completely changed by the end.
99% of what I have read here is bullshit and I was there when a group of idiotic kids left a small green apartment in a little blue car(those who know the TRUTH know what i speak) in 1999 had no clue what we were getting into nor the lives we would ruin including our own.
at the time none of us had experience around heroin. none of us saw the destruction it caused the desperation the lifelong friendships that would end in such sick ways. to act like chet was a huge drug dealer just selling dope is stupid.
fact- chet owned not a fucking thing in life no home a couple cars over time most not owned since maybe the explorer back in 99.
the home he did share with his long time girl was not in his name.
if you know chet he did not give a fuck about clothes so where is all this money from being the "largest dealer around" again get your facts straight.
like i said we were naive we jumped in the car that first trip and actually went to wilkesberre the 1st time because chet had lived there with his mom and met a frien of his who then took us to philly to meet the 1st richie. again facts people quit making shit up.
fortunately I was the 1st of us to go to prison and for years so I wasn't here to watch people I cared about sell themselves there souls and their bodies for something so stupid as dope.(if i could have thought that clearly back then).
by the time any of us realized what we were into it was far too late. I moved back here a few years ago after my own decade long struggle and while I dont continue to get high I did still keep in touch with chet.
I had quite a few conversations where we both talked about how much guilt there was with what we accidentally started that day and how many peoples lives and now their childrens lives are ruined...its sick when you think about it.
To those of us left out there man if only we could go back to the days the trailer chets land the frog ponds and all the things I think of as the best times of my life.
anyways sorry about my rant but figured one honest post here couldn't hurt.

rest in peace chet
caral

Punxsutawney, PA

#73 Jun 30, 2014
thefactspeoplethefacts wrote:
1st of all your all retarded nate farcus died long before anyone here was using not here in punxsy but up by allentown or redding. Not important so for you to say that means I take anything else you have to say with a grain of salt.
stop repeating shit you hear...don't you people remember that game we played in elementary school? youu know the one where a sentence is said and passed from ear to ear only to get completely changed by the end.
99% of what I have read here is bullshit and I was there when a group of idiotic kids left a small green apartment in a little blue car(those who know the TRUTH know what i speak) in 1999 had no clue what we were getting into nor the lives we would ruin including our own.
at the time none of us had experience around heroin. none of us saw the destruction it caused the desperation the lifelong friendships that would end in such sick ways. to act like chet was a huge drug dealer just selling dope is stupid.
fact- chet owned not a fucking thing in life no home a couple cars over time most not owned since maybe the explorer back in 99.
the home he did share with his long time girl was not in his name.
if you know chet he did not give a fuck about clothes so where is all this money from being the "largest dealer around" again get your facts straight.
like i said we were naive we jumped in the car that first trip and actually went to wilkesberre the 1st time because chet had lived there with his mom and met a frien of his who then took us to philly to meet the 1st richie. again facts people quit making shit up.
fortunately I was the 1st of us to go to prison and for years so I wasn't here to watch people I cared about sell themselves there souls and their bodies for something so stupid as dope.(if i could have thought that clearly back then).
by the time any of us realized what we were into it was far too late. I moved back here a few years ago after my own decade long struggle and while I dont continue to get high I did still keep in touch with chet.
I had quite a few conversations where we both talked about how much guilt there was with what we accidentally started that day and how many peoples lives and now their childrens lives are ruined...its sick when you think about it.
To those of us left out there man if only we could go back to the days the trailer chets land the frog ponds and all the things I think of as the best times of my life.
anyways sorry about my rant but figured one honest post here couldn't hurt.
rest in peace chet
what do you expect? you lived the drug life,, your more then likely die from it,, od,ing with a needle in your arm ,, car crash or being shot maybe you get lucky and end up in some institution for the rest of your life,,, and you got the nerve to call it a accident ? what a week minded pos you must be ,
Observer

Denver, CO

#74 Jul 27, 2014
TO SMALL TOWN PA,
YES , THIS TOWN HAS CHANGED FROM A NICE QUIET FAMILY, GOOD PEOPLE PLACE TO ENJOY LIFE, FISH AND HUNT.
IT NOW HAS BECOME A CORRUPT DRUG INFESTED HAVEN FOR ALL OF THE WORST OF THE UNLAWFUL. DRUGS RUN RAMPID AND MURDERS ARE WELL COVERED UP. THEY WILL CONDEMN PROPERTIES ON THE PRETEXT OF HORDING, OR UNKEEPT LAWNS OR TRASH, REMOVE THE OWNERS, UNLAWFULLY; THEN GAIN THE PROPERTIES FOR THE BOROUGH . THEY ARE NOT EVEN GIVING THEM TIME TO REMOVE THEIR PERSONAL BELONGINGS. WILL PUT THEM IN JAIL ON ONE PRETEXT OR ANOTHER.
WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO LIVE THERE WITH CHILDREN?
THINK AGAIN ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assistant Fire chief Jun '16 Bob Goblin 1
News Punxsy Woman Charged with Drug Violations, Corr... (May '14) Jun '16 Kelley Benson 16
News Mahaffey Boro takes no action on generator fund... May '16 Greg 2
Where's Aaron May '16 Aaron Hendricks 10
Question Concerning Borough Councilman Apr '16 Username 2
Ledend Apr '16 Paris 4
So the Superintendent Quits too! "2" Apr '16 loophole 3

Punxsutawney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punxsutawney Mortgages