First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 13

Punxsutawney, PA

#1 Jul 30, 2013
well here's some news you probably wont hear in the spirit scott pearce was fired last week for using his position to trade for sexual favors
micky

Punxsutawney, PA

#2 Jul 31, 2013
receaving or giving?
blanka

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 Jul 31, 2013
was he the pitcher or the catcher?
Carol

Altoona, PA

#4 Jul 31, 2013
once a pig always a pig !
Papethepygmycons table

Altoona, PA

#5 Jul 31, 2013
upurs2 wrote:
well here's some news you probably wont hear in the spirit scott pearce was fired last week for using his position to trade for sexual favors
Seems to me that if he abused his power for sexual favors from a client then that is probably illegal, and he should be prosecuted (like the rest of us when breaking the law).
BUT- since he knows all the judges, cops, and d.a., I suppose he won't face prosecution.
Double standards in reporting and double standards with the law.
I don't buy the spirit.
But if YOU do, please try and remember not to take all the papers out of the machine for that 50 cents.
And also, please try and remember not to somehow block the doors open or spill any glue down that coin slot.
obx

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 Jul 31, 2013
Shit that is nothing. Look at the two officers down at the Borough Police that are always in trouble for something... extorting a car, gambling in Pittsburgh on duty, sleeping with women on Rockland and Elk Run ave...... They get there pictures in the paper for phony awards. If the probation officer worked for Punxsy Borough he would get a bronze statue next to phony Phil.
not surprised

Oil City, PA

#7 Aug 1, 2013
If this is true- the DA should not pick and choose who he prosecutes. An offense like this is official oppression AND Institutional sexual assault or attempted institutional sexual assault!

A Megans law offense!

I bet it will be swept under the rug
willy

Punxsutawney, PA

#8 Aug 2, 2013
not surprised wrote:
If this is true- the DA should not pick and choose who he prosecutes. An offense like this is official oppression AND Institutional sexual assault or attempted institutional sexual assault!
A Megans law offense!
I bet it will be swept under the rug
, the state attorney general should prosecute every one , and even every one that is covering up things, just like penn state,, you should not blind eye this,,
obx

Indiana, PA

#9 Aug 2, 2013
When is the bronze statue going up? Council will certainly approve paying for that!
the shadow knows

Hollidaysburg, PA

#10 Aug 3, 2013
about time no for the punxsy po po who does the same thing that's why his wife left him Winfield !!! run him out of town
concerned

United States

#11 Sep 5, 2013
To the Jefferson county DA.

Are you going to do something about this or not?

Using a position of power and preying on vulnerable addicts deserves the scrutiny of law enforcement.

You have no difficulty in prosecuting the regular man. This man is much much worse!

Do calls to the newspapers really have to made?
HUH

Satellite Beach, FL

#13 Sep 5, 2013
There is a difficult legal and ethical balance to strike when reporting on crimes. It would be bad for a society that believes in open justice if news organizations took the view that the suspect is guilty until proven innocent.
A news organization should try to be a lot more circumspect when covering police suspects who have just been arrested or charged, particularly in serious criminal cases where the circumstances are very unclear and unproven. That's not to say they won't cover the basic facts, but should choose to avoid the more salacious reporting of background material and speculation that, sadly, some seem to regard as fair game.
Someone losing their job is not printable news. The issues here are gossip and should not be printed.
Why do they people of this fair village continue to ask for speculative news reporting? Is the hometown news owned or subsidized by the Enquirer?
jackson

Punxsutawney, PA

#15 Sep 6, 2013
if this true,, this hanis crime should be reported to the states attorney general,, in writing,, the victim and any one with knowledge of this crime has a duty to report this ,, any one with knowledge of this crime can be prosecuted for accessorie after the fact,, using the power of being a probation officer,, and doing such acts is a crime ,,ignoring a crime is just as bad as doing the crime
Real Time News and Info

Altoona, PA

#16 Sep 6, 2013
huhMyAss wrote:
You're either quite naive or a liar. And since you speak from what seems to be a standpoint of knowledge in the media business.....then that makes you the latter.
Why do I say this?
Because the Spirit reported on a GIANT bogus arrest with a HUNDRED fabricated charges against a person.
The offending police department (in Jefferson county and illegally out of their own jurisdiction) also illegally searched the person's brother's home, and seized property having nothing to do with any "alleged" crimes....and then "claimed" the property was involved with crimes anyway because they needed a reason to have been ramsacking the home in the first place.
This is currently in federal court (for which our beloved newspaper (and others) refuse to report on).
So don't sit there on your ass and hoodwink the public on this site. It's bad enough that all the local newspapers prematurely reported this story, while refusing to report on the resulting federal lawsuit against the officials that will in the end, shed the light of day on this illegal conduct by officials.
Want me to come back on here and list all the times that the paper/s reported on crimes against regular people.......but NEVER against officials?
Try me..........
Actually the biggest liar on here is you Wally Kitko, and we all known that.
Hearwhereimcomin gfrom

Punxsutawney, PA

#19 Sep 6, 2013
Keepntrac

Punxsutawney, PA

#20 Sep 6, 2013
jackson wrote:
if this true,, this hanis crime should be reported to the states attorney general,, in writing,, the victim and any one with knowledge of this crime has a duty to report this ,, any one with knowledge of this crime can be prosecuted for accessorie after the fact,, using the power of being a probation officer,, and doing such acts is a crime ,,ignoring a crime is just as bad as doing the crime
Great idea Jackson! Lets have Kathleen Kane come to Jefferson county and clean house! Starting in Brookville of course!
chics4Cherry

Du Bois, PA

#22 Sep 8, 2013
Keepntrac wrote:
<quoted text>Great idea Jackson! Lets have Kathleen Kane come to Jefferson county and clean house! Starting in Brookville of course!
Wonderful!
We're still waiting for that "investigation" on governor Corbett's lack of action when attorney general on the Sandusky fiasco. If Corbett would have prosecuted Sandusky instead of worrying about his future run for governor, Penn State would be in a better situation.
This all just goes to show you all that officials cover for each other (no matter the party) and newspapers/media cover for them all.
Makes you wonder what the media gets in return for their covering up.
prev page

Clearfield, PA

#23 Sep 8, 2013
if it isn't crybaby kitko again
roy

Punxsutawney, PA

#24 Sep 8, 2013
chics4Cherry wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful!
We're still waiting for that "investigation" on governor Corbett's lack of action when attorney general on the Sandusky fiasco. If Corbett would have prosecuted Sandusky instead of worrying about his future run for governor, Penn State would be in a better situation.
This all just goes to show you all that officials cover for each other (no matter the party) and newspapers/media cover for them all.
Makes you wonder what the media gets in return for their covering up.
wasent that perve from penstate prosecuted?
HUH

Satellite Beach, FL

#26 Sep 9, 2013
huhMyAss wrote:
You're either quite naive or a liar. And since you speak from what seems to be a standpoint of knowledge in the media business.....then that makes you the latter.
Why do I say this?
Because the Spirit reported on a GIANT bogus arrest with a HUNDRED fabricated charges against a person.
The offending police department (in Jefferson county and illegally out of their own jurisdiction) also illegally searched the person's brother's home, and seized property having nothing to do with any "alleged" crimes....and then "claimed" the property was involved with crimes anyway because they needed a reason to have been ramsacking the home in the first place.
This is currently in federal court (for which our beloved newspaper (and others) refuse to report on).
So don't sit there on your ass and hoodwink the public on this site. It's bad enough that all the local newspapers prematurely reported this story, while refusing to report on the resulting federal lawsuit against the officials that will in the end, shed the light of day on this illegal conduct by officials.
Want me to come back on here and list all the times that the paper/s reported on crimes against regular people.......but NEVER against officials?
Try me..........
I am a business man who is disillusioned with sensationalized reporting. Too many innocent people have been prosecuted in the court of the general public (because of the biased media coverage). I am also disappointed by folks who believe that only true and fair statements come from their pie hole...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punxsy Police Chief the Third. 12 hr billy bright 15
News Punxsy Woman Charged with Drug Violations, Corr... (May '14) Thu Gwen 14
News Punxsy gets its new police chief; Chenoga retai... Wed billy bright 9
Borough Meetings Mar 25 Ray 84
missing Mar 24 Username 4
Looking for an honest Car Inspector Mar 20 larry 4
young township thieves Mar 17 larry 2
Punxsutawney Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web