First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JANE

Sewickley, PA

#1 May 7, 2013
It has come to my attention that ED BOSTON is accepting write ins
for the Punxsutawney Mayoral election coming up !! HE WILL BE
A GREAT MAYOR ! Honest, good guy, good father, dedicated to whatever he involves himself in,
VOTE FOR ED BOSTON---------WRITE IN ED BOSTON !!!!!!!!!!
Mr Obvious

Punxsutawney, PA

#2 May 7, 2013
I have known Ed Boston for many years and he is very worthy of being Mayor of Punxsutawney.

People of Punxsutawney have no idea of all the good things he has done for this town and various other communities as he is a very humble man.

Ed is on the level and be assured he'll do what's best for ALL of the residents of Punxsutawney.
qwerty46

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 May 8, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how some feel that being a father/mother qualifies one as being an ideal candidate for a political position.
JANE

Sewickley, PA

#4 May 9, 2013
DID NOT say just a father----said a GOOD father--- a great difference !
SuperCop

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 May 9, 2013
Are any of the candidates good friends with magistrate Chambers?
qwerty46

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 May 9, 2013
JANE,
I stand corrected.
Horse Lover

Punxsutawney, PA

#7 May 10, 2013
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ED BOSTON IS NOT I REPEAT IS NOT RUNNING FOR MAYOR of Punxsutawney so please do not write him in. Thank you. and yes he is a great husband,father, and grandfather,he gives 100% to what ever he dose. It is an honor that people think he would make a great mayor.Maybe someone would nominate him for Man of The Year. He helps a lot of people and never tells about it. Thank you
Helen

Punxsutawney, PA

#8 May 10, 2013
Horse Lover wrote:
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ED BOSTON IS NOT I REPEAT IS NOT RUNNING FOR MAYOR of Punxsutawney so please do not write him in. Thank you. and yes he is a great husband,father, and grandfather,he gives 100% to what ever he dose. It is an honor that people think he would make a great mayor.Maybe someone would nominate him for Man of The Year. He helps a lot of people and never tells about it. Thank you
Thank you for responding to this Topix message. I knew he wasn't running and rumors are running wild in this town. It only took one person to say it, and everyone believed it. And yes Ed is a great dad, grandfather, husband and a great ex brother in law. He is a great guy and I have known him for 44 years. Helen from Punxsy
Helen from Punxsy
Helen

Punxsutawney, PA

#9 May 10, 2013
qwerty46 wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how some feel that being a father/mother qualifies one as being an ideal candidate for a political position.
Most people are fathers/mothers that run for political positions . Name one that wasn't a parent.
qwerty46

Punxsutawney, PA

#10 May 12, 2013
Yes, Helen I agree that most candidates are parents. I just meant that I do not believe that it should be a qualifier in a political list of assets.
Rich

Altoona, PA

#11 May 13, 2013
did not state that Ed was running for mayor, What is stated is that he would accept write ins....This was told by Ed to a very reliable source and I read that as IF there were enough write ins that the numbers for him would win---he would accept the position... which would be a good thing for this town
Dumbass

Houtzdale, PA

#12 May 13, 2013
Either run or don't run. The people have a very qualified candidate in Rich Alexander who put his money and reputation on the line to be the next Mayor of Punxsy. No need to speculate on someone who is not interested enough in the position to even bother getting on the ballot. I have info from a very good source that Ed is voting for Rich.
jennifer

Tyrone, PA

#13 May 14, 2013
I agree. Run with your name on the ballot like all the other candidates or dont run! Rich is getting my vote also!! He is a very qualified and caring person who has the towns interest at heart. Vote Rich Alexander on May 21.
BEN

Sewickley, PA

#14 May 14, 2013
WRITE IN ED BOSTON FOR MAYOR ON MAY 21!!!! I AM!
qwerty46

Punxsutawney, PA

#15 May 14, 2013
I am with Jennifer, vote for Rich Alexander. He is the best candidate. I also agree. If someone can not bother to get on the ballot, I doubt if a slew of write ins would get him elected.
delores

Johnstown, PA

#16 May 14, 2013
I agree with jennifer also...don't run as a write in...do it the correct way and run on the ballot or don't run at all! I know Rich personally and know he is the best person for the job! There is no one better suited to be our Mayor! VOTE RICH ALEXANDER FOR MAYOR on May 21st!
Vern

Philipsburg, PA

#17 May 19, 2013
Vote for Alexander!!!!!!!
Andy

Altoona, PA

#18 May 19, 2013
I agree vern! Rich is the most qualified candidate running. He is honest and trustworthy and a good all around person. Very community minded. Not on an ego trip!! Vote for Rich on Tuesday!!!!
Julie

Ashburn, VA

#19 May 19, 2013
Another vote for Rich here!!!!
Hereisanidea

Greensburg, PA

#20 May 20, 2013
Love how everyone on here knows what is best for Punxsy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So called Obitutaries Aug 20 Wayne 1
cleanest/dirtiest stores in Punxsy (Jan '14) Aug 14 Roger 6
News State Police Seeking Public's Assistance in Loc... Jul 30 pre release 3
Assistant Fire chief Jun '16 Bob Goblin 1
News Punxsy Woman Charged with Drug Violations, Corr... (May '14) Jun '16 Kelley Benson 16
News Mahaffey Boro takes no action on generator fund... May '16 Greg 2
Where's Aaron May '16 Aaron Hendricks 10

Punxsutawney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punxsutawney Mortgages