Kids Without Christmas Gifts

Dec 12, 2012 Read more: WTAJ 9

It is the season of giving and many non-profits depend on people being generous this time or year to get through their entire year.

Read more
deadbeats

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Dec 16, 2012
If you go to the Facebook page of the woman in mentioned in the article, they have motorcycles, four-wheelers, etc. Why does some with so many adult toys need so much help? maybe people need to get their priorities straight instead of relying on others to bail them out.
wondering

Meadville, PA

#2 Dec 18, 2012
very sad... and what do you do? Do you pick a name off of the tree, spend your heard-earned money, and hope that it isn't someone "using" the system? I am sure that there are a lot of ppl in need; however, I'm sure that there are those that use the system also.
iggyzmoms mom

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 Dec 18, 2012
It's very sad to have leaches like her sucking off the system.
If she has 4 wheelers then she should sell them or get a 1st or 2nd job before looking for handouts
People don't have any respect for themselves today.
ding dong

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 Dec 18, 2012
From what I see on Facebook, these folks have a nicer house and more "toys" than my family and we aren't getting Charity for Christmas. Then again, the people in my house work jobs, and not the system, for a living, so there you have it.
It's pretty shameful to take when it looks like you an afford, especially when there really are kids who won't have toys for Christmas because their parents really can't afford it.
Maybe these charities should prescreen people who apply for help to make sure help is needed.
Punxsy born

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 Dec 19, 2012
These type of people are the reason why lot of people don't donate any longer.

They are just greedy scum.
wondering

Meadville, PA

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Does anyone know? Is there some sort of screening for these programs? Or do you just swallow your pride and ask for help if you need it?(Which allows the - let's just call them what they are -'thieves' to suck the system). We still gave and just hope that the child that receives our presents is happy with her things and it makes her Christmas a little brighter. It does make ya wonder though.
working for a living

France

#7 Dec 19, 2012
A co-worker spent almost $400 for Christmas for her child and also signed up and received toys for tots.
I spent $100 on my child and didn't sign up for anything. I guess I was raised differently.
Tony

Punxsutawney, PA

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Those idiots should be charged for pulling the wool over every person that donated eyes.
They should be ashamed.
Daren

Woodland, PA

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Yes, Tony they should be ashamed, but those are exactly the ones that are so proud that they bet the "system" once again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone hear about bust involving "sneaky pete"? (Jul '13) Apr 14 Timmylivealie 28
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... Apr 13 guss 8
News Those who knew him, served with him, remember M... Apr 12 Sandy 1
Groundhog Story #2 Apr 11 Curious Taxpayer 7
Newest Council member Apr 8 The Beast Of Dart... 29
home depot (Nov '13) Apr 3 kerri 63
News Punxsy gets its new police chief; Chenoga retai... Mar 31 Larry 11
More from around the web

Punxsutawney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]