First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lookin4answers

Greensburg, PA

#1 May 18, 2013
What is going to go on in there? Any one going to buy it or open it?
kreager

United States

#2 May 18, 2013
I think there going to have a auction sell the contents ,, then codeme the place and push it down and make a nice parking lot
Lookin4answers

Greensburg, PA

#3 May 20, 2013
Seriously? What is going on I don't really need a sarcastic answer.
jeffie

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 May 20, 2013
Lookin4answers wrote:
Seriously? What is going on I don't really need a sarcastic answer.
look at last posting theres your anser,,,
qwerty46

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 May 20, 2013
My sis booked a room there last week online, and they TOOK the reservation AND her money! She was unaware that it was closed.
lisa

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 May 20, 2013
qwerty46 wrote:
My sis booked a room there last week online, and they TOOK the reservation AND her money! She was unaware that it was closed.
, now that's funny are they going to send her a key,,and just tell her to make her self at home?
Dumbass

Bellwood, PA

#7 May 20, 2013
qwerty46 wrote:
If true, gather the information and file a complaint with Boro Police, then proceed to Chambers office and file a small claims action. If paid with a credit card contest the charge with the credit company. Perhaps the TV reporter that did the renovation story would do a follow up. If they did it to your sis they are doing it to others.
App STore

Snow Shoe, PA

#8 Aug 20, 2013
Pantall now up for Sheriff's Sale for $697,000 + costs and closing, etc...
WOW

Melbourne, FL

#9 Aug 21, 2013
Is that price a little too high for Punxsy? Is there enough business to support the operating costs when the initial outlay is so high? Plus, whoever purchases that property will need to sink even more monies into it to make it a viable business.

I truly hope someone purchases it and makes a good go of it instead of the place being torn down like the rest of downtown...
Nick

Punxsutawney, PA

#10 Aug 21, 2013
Ah, the Weavers. Everything they touch turns to . . .
AskmeAnything

Du Bois, PA

#11 Aug 21, 2013
WOW wrote:
Is that price a little too high for Punxsy? Is there enough business to support the operating costs when the initial outlay is so high? Plus, whoever purchases that property will need to sink even more monies into it to make it a viable business.
I truly hope someone purchases it and makes a good go of it instead of the place being torn down like the rest of downtown...
Very high for Punxsy considering there is not enough viable business to be able to even make the mortgage payment each month as well as insurance, payroll, utilities, repairs, etc...

As for tearing it down, the only way they will be able to do that is if it becomes so debilitated that it becomes a danger to pedestrians, etc.... it is listed on the National Landmarks, so tearing down a building like that requires special permission.

With Red Roof Inn and Motel 6 coming to Punxsy at the top of the hill, it will greatly hurt any business that the Pantall might be able to do, especially with the high prices people will have to pay to be able to stay there.
Mr Obvious

Punxsutawney, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2013
AskmeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
Very high for Punxsy considering there is not enough viable business to be able to even make the mortgage payment each month as well as insurance, payroll, utilities, repairs, etc...
As for tearing it down, the only way they will be able to do that is if it becomes so debilitated that it becomes a danger to pedestrians, etc.... it is listed on the National Landmarks, so tearing down a building like that requires special permission.
With Red Roof Inn and Motel 6 coming to Punxsy at the top of the hill, it will greatly hurt any business that the Pantall might be able to do, especially with the high prices people will have to pay to be able to stay there.
Where are they going up on the hill??
Right beside the Kmart and Home Depot??
WOW

Melbourne, FL

#13 Aug 22, 2013
Since it is listed on the national register of historic places - wouldn't there be some type of grant monies to keep it?
Mike

Gallitzin, PA

#14 Aug 22, 2013
haven't heard a thing about those motels ! Is this like Kings and Home Depot too ?
Maybe some Saudi wlll buy the Pantall and turn it into a goldmine. I sure hate for it to be gone in any form
Nick

Punxsutawney, PA

#15 Aug 22, 2013
Who cares. Not making money, so sayonara.
le sigh

Marietta, OH

#16 Aug 25, 2013
Any idea when the sale is scheduled for? I could tell you some funny stories about trying to buy it...but I wont. ;-)
WOW

Melbourne, FL

#17 Aug 27, 2013
Oh please do... ^^
Amber

Punxsutawney, PA

#18 Aug 27, 2013
The Pantel hotel is going up for sheriffs sale sept 6 or 7th of 2013.
Wonder where ask me anything got info, there is no Kmart or Home Depot here. And haven't heard of any chain hotels coming to punxsy!
philthydelphia

Punxsutawney, PA

#19 Aug 27, 2013
There was a home depot looking at building but due to poor land they won't be building here....
They will be breaking ground for a new hotel near Alliance drive sometime in September...and that info is from one of the investors in that hotel.
Judge it

Altoona, PA

#20 Aug 27, 2013
Actually "ask me anything" is some what correct, as there were discussions at the last Young Township meeting about the Red Roof Inn, as well as some sort of housing project that is supposed to be being built on Alliance Drive, and the one supposed to be being built on Martha St across from CRW where the trailer park used to be.

IMHO, the one on Martha St, will never be happening as most of the land where the trailer park was, is actually wetlands. and it is also within the boundaries of the Industrial Park

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Punxsy Board have the votes to close elementary... Nov 11 egghead 5
How do you think President Trump is doing? Oct '17 GraspTheObvous 20
Cocaine Sep '17 Sweepitunder 2
information on Pantall and Robinson families In... (Jul '12) Aug '17 History Lover 4
paul Leroy bell Aug '17 Dubois victims 1
Best Chiropractor Aug '17 Punxsy Phil 3
Places to work (Apr '17) Jun '17 Disposition 7

Punxsutawney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punxsutawney Mortgages