What is the best restaurant in Punxsy?
HCSLast Stop Owner Cassi

Export, PA

#85 Mar 18, 2013
I know my opinion does not really matter, however, if you look back on this website when it started it was about general issues and subjects. Then in the past year or so this has become a website for people to slander other businesses, people, and hurt peoples livelihood they have worked hard to achieve. We are all different and no one will like the same thing the next person will like. In my opinion all the restaurants in Punxsy are awesome in their own way, each owner is someone who went out followed their dreams took a leap not knowing the outcome and because there are many, many people who continue to patronize their business is the reason they are still here. Then that one person wants to make a nasty remark about your business that you have worked so hard to have, because what? They weren’t happy. Not everyone is the same and not everyone will be happy everywhere. It does not mean you should put the restaurant down because it might be the next person you walk pasts favorite place. As owner of H.C.’s Last Stop I enjoy all the restaurants in Punxsy and I envy all the owners and what they have became and what they have provided for our town .
A few examples: I enjoy Lily’s mac salad, Frankensteins Ham & Cheese Sub, Pizza Towns Stromboli, Crazy Horse Steaks, Laskas Pizza, Defelices Pizza, Fox’s Big Daddy, Punxsy Phil’s French Toast, & Wok Wagons egg rolls. That is only a few examples, point is I do not think I am better than the next I think we all have something special.
You know when I was out hammering the pavement hoping a bank will give a single 26 year old a loan, I can not even begin to tell you how many banks told me the restaurant business is the hardest and most likely to fail, so how about a cheers to the restaurants that are up and running have been in business for years that is an accomplishment that should be admired.
Try to limit your nasty comments, because they DO hurt my feelings. Thanks for reading and have a great day 
mismatched

Altoona, PA

#86 Mar 18, 2013
Very well said!
Tony

Punxsutawney, PA

#87 Mar 18, 2013
If you are referring to me, tough. My opinion is that your place overcharges and doesn't stand out on any of the items myself, wife and the 6 of my employees have ordered items off of your menu.
We have since stopped going there and switched to the place in Mahaffey.
Good food at a decent price.
Instead of whining because someone voiced their negative opinion, change your process or you will soon be out of business.
Tony

Punxsutawney, PA

#88 Mar 18, 2013
By the way, slander is by spoken word and libel is by written word.
gilbert

Punxsutawney, PA

#89 Mar 18, 2013
Tony wrote:
By the way, slander is by spoken word and libel is by written word.
, and every thing on the internet is true... lol...
TO CASSIE

Meadville, PA

#90 Mar 21, 2013
Sorry, but I gotta agree with Tony. We tried it because we had heard good things but it was crazy expensive for just appetizers and burgers and nothing much worth going back for. Take it as constructive criticism and I do wish you luck.
mananna59

Punxsutawney, PA

#91 Mar 22, 2013
I sometime wish there was a way when you go to small diners to dine and have a meal.There was a way to know some of there history on the menue. Like if that small diner pays their employees health care or paid vacations. I know not many can afford to do so but those that do alot of time have family like employees that stay with them for years and work very hard for them for these extra . But to have these extras sometimes thats why sometimes it shows a higher price on a menue. But then some times a higher menue is just more money in the owner pocket. Sometimes it's nice just to go where everyone knows your name. lol or How you like your steak.
waitress in this town

Punxsutawney, PA

#92 Mar 22, 2013
As a waitress n this town, I agree with Cassi.. not everyone is going to like everything on a certain resturant menu!! As for being overly priced, lets see we are in 2013 and food cost is ridculous... So how can people except a resturant to make if they give their food away??? Where you make think its overpriced you are not paying the bills or overhead to keep the door open.. You were very harsh, constructive critism goes a long way!! Food for thought!!
old lady

Tyrone, PA

#93 Mar 22, 2013
I have been arund many years. I agree that food is very high priced (everywhere) Restaurants, no matter where or what kind have overhead that they consider when they determine their prices. Wages, taxes, utilities, cost of the unprepated foods, right down to cleaing and cleaning supplies If you consider all of this when you look at the menu, you might understand where thir prices cme from. The only thing I don't like about any restaurant is that I don't get enough leftovers !
Ronald McDonald

United States

#94 Apr 3, 2013
Stop in at McDonald's! 100% Pure American Beef. And no drama! "I'm Lovin' It !"
little

Punxsutawney, PA

#95 Apr 3, 2013
Ronald McDonald wrote:
Stop in at McDonald's! 100% Pure American Beef. And no drama! "I'm Lovin' It !"
,,,,sorry ron micky d,s and joes drive in gives me the craps,,,
Love HCs

Du Bois, PA

#96 May 2, 2013
There are several good places to eat in the area, but my family and I enjoy eating at HCs because the food is very good, the place is super clean, and the service is fast and friendly. We eat there for all of these reasons, and for the fact that I know that Cassie works her butt off, and in this society where young people don't know the meaning of hard work, I can't think of a better place to spend my hard earned money. I also know for a fact that many people in the Big Run area are thrilled with the new ownership. You know you can't please everyone, so don't let the negative comments bother you, Cassie. I believe that HCs will be around for a long time!!
philthydelphia

Punxsutawney, PA

#97 May 8, 2013
if mcdonalds beef is actually 100% from the part of the cow you would want to eat, I will eat Punxsy Phil. I'll take "Things made from Pink Slime for 1000 Alex"
Type your comment below

Kane, PA

#98 May 8, 2013
Love HCs wrote:
There are several good places to eat in the area, but my family and I enjoy eating at HCs because the food is very good, the place is super clean, and the service is fast and friendly. We eat there for all of these reasons, and for the fact that I know that Cassie works her butt off, and in this society where young people don't know the meaning of hard work, I can't think of a better place to spend my hard earned money. I also know for a fact that many people in the Big Run area are thrilled with the new ownership. You know you can't please everyone, so don't let the negative comments bother you, Cassie. I believe that HCs will be around for a long time!!
Maybe you should do more advertising Cassie instead of coming on here, and posting up so called "Good Reviews" on your restaurant,
Manny

Punxsutawney, PA

#99 May 8, 2013
I tried the amish place on 36 and now i won't go anywhere else.
HC's is crap compared to the amish place. i can't think of the name right now but i think it's on tipple road.
just an my comment

Charlottesville, VA

#100 May 9, 2013
lilly's sucks!
eats out alot

Patton, PA

#101 May 9, 2013
Lily's is one of the best restaurants in town. She cares about her customers and her employees. Food is always very good and restaurant is neat and clean. Everyone has his or her opinion but Lily's is best around in my book.
Terrible that she was robbed twice and nothing is being done about it by our "super cops in borough". They must have other things to do instead of helping catch the thief. Wonder what?????
Sam

Joplin, MO

#102 May 9, 2013
Just don't buy one of the muffins by the cash register. I did, took it home to eat later, it was moldy.
mismatched

Burr Hill, VA

#103 May 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
Just don't buy one of the muffins by the cash register. I did, took it home to eat later, it was moldy.
Everything I buy from the bakery is good and fresh. I think everything is homemade so no preservatives. All you had to do is bring it back instead of posting on the internet. Lilly is very good with her customers.
Sam

United States

#104 May 10, 2013
mismatched wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I buy from the bakery is good and fresh. I think everything is homemade so no preservatives. All you had to do is bring it back instead of posting on the internet. Lilly is very good with her customers.
I would have taken it back but I was already home. Waste of gas, even just across town, for a two-dollar muffin. The bakery stuff is fresh, I buy lots of things in there, always good. This was at the cash register in the restaurant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Punxsy really that bad with drugs? (May '13) Dec 6 Mr_Mackey 53
Gold Card deficit Nov 25 Wearer of Pajamas 4
Local Politics Nov 20 Polly Ticy 1
Punxsy poll Nov 19 Am I Late 8
Drug bust (Mar '15) Oct '16 Stinky 3
Council Sep '16 Benezette 16
So called Obitutaries Sep '16 Angel of Death 3

Punxsutawney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance