Anonymous

Punxsutawney, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2012
its sad that our police force has been reduced to laying in wait at five in the morning to cacth speeders going to work on 119. I think that any business that would allow them to use thier property for such things should be boycotted , i know they wont reciece any of my money, and since when is walmart in the boro ? why was there 2 boro police cruisers there to unlock a pickup truck. free community service hey my grass needs mowed, i need my sidewalks shoveled how about that for service. lastly its funny how the officer that begged for a job is the one whos writing the most tickets there's a big thank you and aren't officers supposed to live in the boro ?
Mr Obvious

Punxsutawney, PA

#2 Jul 28, 2012
If you follow and obey the speed limit you have nothing to worry about.

Is that too hard to understand???
lu lu

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 Jul 28, 2012
thay use wallmart to turn around ,,,,and i hate speed traps just as much as the next guy,,and the police officer thats doing this is just anouther dum ass trafic cop,,,seams like it takes the state to do any real aresting of real crimes ,,,and thats debatable,also,,,,,,,,,,
Mr Obvious

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 Jul 28, 2012
lu lu wrote:
thay(THEY) use wallmart(Walmart) to turn around ,,,,and i hate speed traps just as much as the next guy,,and the police officer thats doing this is just anouther(ANOTHER) dum(DUMB) ass trafic(TRAFFIC) cop,,,seams(SEEMS) like it takes the state to do any real aresting(ARRESTING) of real crimes ,,,and thats debatable,also,,,,,,,,,,
If you feel it's such an easy job feel free to take the civil service test and apply to the local police dept. or go sign up for the PSP Academy.
But judging from your above post you wouldn't make it through the application process.......
Anonymous

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 Jul 28, 2012
well mr. obvious it seems that you think yourself an intelligent individual but from the way you defend the local gestapo you must be one of them.
So that would mean your just as dumb as they are,it wasnt me that recieved a speeding ticket i was just stating that i saw them sitting there but obviously that was to hard for you to understand!
And with all the breakins and stealing in overlooked neighborhoods the local gestapo would have better things to do besides giving honest people who are going to work a ticket.is that to hard for you to understand?
lu lu

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 Jul 28, 2012
thay could hire a monkey to hand out tickets ,,,i have a better job and better things to do,,,,,,mr obvious
May

Altoona, PA

#7 Jul 28, 2012
bet you anti-cop people would be calling them quickly if you needed them ! You don't like anything they do.... UNLESS you approve !
OK, so they hide....should you be speeding....driving recklessly...drunk....? It would be OK if they saved your @ss, wouldn't it ?
Do you enjoy our realtively safe little town ? I know I do ! I would much rather have our local "boro" police than have to wait (possibly hours) for the State Police to find the time to get to me, or an accident or robbery etc. GIVE DUE to them for what they do ! And ...YES--
-they are SUPPOSED to live in the boro--- two are better than the rest ! ha ha ha they think so !
You need them....they come..... you might not like them ( and there a a couple I despise) but we all need them LOCALLY
lu lu

Punxsutawney, PA

#8 Jul 28, 2012
May wrote:
bet you anti-cop people would be calling them quickly if you needed them ! You don't like anything they do.... UNLESS you approve !
OK, so they hide....should you be speeding....driving recklessly...drunk....? It would be OK if they saved your @ss, wouldn't it ?
Do you enjoy our realtively safe little town ? I know I do ! I would much rather have our local "boro" police than have to wait (possibly hours) for the State Police to find the time to get to me, or an accident or robbery etc. GIVE DUE to them for what they do ! And ...YES--
-they are SUPPOSED to live in the boro--- two are better than the rest ! ha ha ha they think so !
You need them....they come..... you might not like them ( and there a a couple I despise) but we all need them LOCALLY
despise is the key word,,,thay could do there jobs ,,,and not be a a hole doing it,,,and we all know the ones we despise,,,,,,,,,
May

Altoona, PA

#9 Jul 28, 2012
lol, gee I wonder if they are the same ones
One stil thinks he's king of town and the other one thinks he's above the rules and doesn't even reside in the boro-----direct charge for firing as the way it should be !
Sam

United States

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Regarding living in the boro: the Fraternal Order of Police has a document that states, in part: "(in Pennsylvania)a residency requirement is a negotiable term and condition of employment and, therefore, such a rule cannot be unilaterally imposed by an employer". So it would depend on what is in their contract with the boro. As for not "liking" them; I think they do a great job. If you need them to come I've found they aren't "friendly", but very professional and neutral in their attitudes. That appears as rude to some, but too bad. They can't your "side" even if you think you are "right". I'm glad they sit and watch for speeders, drunks, etc. I don't want my sons run over by some idiot who shouldn't have a dog license, much less a license to drive.
andy

Punxsutawney, PA

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Sam wrote:
Regarding living in the boro: the Fraternal Order of Police has a document that states, in part: "(in Pennsylvania)a residency requirement is a negotiable term and condition of employment and, therefore, such a rule cannot be unilaterally imposed by an employer". So it would depend on what is in their contract with the boro. As for not "liking" them; I think they do a great job. If you need them to come I've found they aren't "friendly", but very professional and neutral in their attitudes. That appears as rude to some, but too bad. They can't your "side" even if you think you are "right". I'm glad they sit and watch for speeders, drunks, etc. I don't want my sons run over by some idiot who shouldn't have a dog license, much less a license to drive.
hay samy heres a tip keep your dumb ass kids off of the streets ,,,and most police in punxsutawney are just a ticket machine,,,,wow,,, and know how to hand out sumons that half of them are stupid and get kicked out anyway,,,
thats right

Williamston, MI

#12 Aug 12, 2012
Upurs2...sounds like ur upset that ur son has helped to pay the wages of law enforcement of the borough through all of the "contributions" that he has made over the years.
Sam

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2012
Andy,
My kids use the crosswalks and constantly have to watch out for idiots who aren't paying attention because they are on cell phones, or are speeding. Try crossing the street on Hampton Avenue, downtown on Mahoning Street, or by Patsy's Park to get to the ballfield. It isn't safe even for adults. The police should have more power, not less. Penalties for repeat speeders should include jail time.
Anonymous

Punxsutawney, PA

#14 Aug 14, 2012
well thats right first of all i don't have any kids
so it sounds like your just as dumb as mr. oblivious. maybe you should also mention that your family has made quiet afew "contributions" to the local wages also !
robo

Rochester, PA

#15 Nov 5, 2012
we moved out
Viloet

Punxsutawney, PA

#16 Nov 5, 2012
Shame, Shame! What would you do if we had no officers in Punxsy? Let them do their jobs and shut up about the ones you like or don't like. Who cares? As long as they are here to protect the town and the people living in it, that should be enough. I hope you negative people never have any problems where you will need a police officer, but you will find out how quickly they make it to your home or business, and how well they will handle all of your problems. Would you like to go out at midnight when its pouring rain or snowing like hell, just to break up a fight between a husband and wife or worse yet, go to an accident and see someone dying or dead, I ask, would you do this? Don't criticize or be negative, you will never be a happy person. Try instead to
say nice things about everyone no matter what you hear. Your life will be a better life finding good in people than always criticizing. TRY IT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
subway 2 hr abby 1
Newest Council member 17 hr Know Him 18
Spring Elections Feb 26 Bob 3
Local Abandoned Locations Feb 25 crispy 3
Dear Punxsutawney School Board Feb 19 Phil 22
Pantall Feb 14 nunya 6
Borough Meetings Feb 13 mike 59
Punxsutawney Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web