Parents to board: Football players ne...

Parents to board: Football players need more food

There are 13 comments on the Spirit story from Aug 28, 2013, titled Parents to board: Football players need more food. In it, Spirit reports that:

The Punxsutawney Area School Board at Wednesday's meeting heard objections from parents of Punxsutawney Area High School football players concerning not receiving enough food during the summer practice sessions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spirit.

first name last

Altoona, PA

#1 Aug 28, 2013
Then the parents should be paying for it, football is not an educational subject, teaches nothing that the parents should have been teaching their children already through THEIR examples already.

and the school district should not be wasting their money on paying a coach or an athletic director, if kids want to play sports, then the parents should be fronting the bill for everything, equipment, uniforms, travel, food, medical expenses, etc......

THIS COUNTRY HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GLORIFY GAMES AS A WAY TO BUILD CHARACTER, THE PARENTS ARE THE ONES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILDING CHARACTER, SELF ESTEEM, SELF WORTH IN THEIR CHILD SINCE THE DAY IT WAS BORN, NOT A GAME!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know a very controversial subject, and that there will be a lot of back lash over it, but I honestly feel that we spend entirely too much time teaching kids, that a game is important, when there are a lot more important things in life to learn, and this is not just about Football, but all the sports......

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 29, 2013
No more figgy pudding said Michelle.
Jillian Michaels

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Maybe they should feed them real food, not Bosco sticks and nachos. Since when are Nachos a meal? Last I checked, nachos are what you order at Sheetz at 2 am when you are drunk.
What ever happened to good food like Turkey Subs, Grilled cheese with tomato soup, or Spaghetti and Meatballs. Maybe if these kids ate real food, instead of junk, for lunch, they wouldn't be hungry.
Jillian Michaels

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Oh and I bet that a good plate of spaghetti would cost less to make than what those Nachos do, even with the meatballs, and Parmesan cheese.
Mananna59

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 Aug 30, 2013
I'm not big on high school sports from my own kids experience. Where it was suppose to build them up it torn them down. If you aren't from a name in this town or have money it does the opposite.But that's my story. As far as football. Isn't that what the Booster club is for ? Making sure the foot ball players get what they need? I know when my brother was in Band my parents had to work the concesstion stand. They had to make and sell hoagies my brother had to go around and sell candy and magazines for uniforms and trips and stuff why don't the sports kids do things like that. When my daughter played volleyball I had to send her lunch when my son played football everything was provided. hmmmm. I think things could be evened out if someone wanted to. A little hard work on the sidelines maybe.
Gluttons

New Kensington, PA

#6 Aug 31, 2013
If you feel your kid isn't getting enough food then send some with them like all the other parents have to do. Your little football players aren't special. What's next, demanding they get their asses wiped?
oger

Punxsutawney, PA

#7 Aug 31, 2013
f them ,, more food what a crock of sh,,,,t

Location hidden

#8 Sep 3, 2013
Michelle said no, she can make their lives Very Diffecult.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 4, 2013
MiMi could control that child by telling him about, post birth abortion.
carl

Punxsutawney, PA

#10 Sep 4, 2013
more food? the way they play,, they should be on a diet,,,

Location hidden

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Put them on starvation rations and the 'game' will be over.
makesyuthink

Punxsutawney, PA

#12 Sep 13, 2013
the only thing about making the parents provide everything I disagree with is, then you have the families with more money being the only ones being in sports. When we have a lot of our talent coming from the talent of the hard working single families and other end of the line budgets.So when we are talking possible scholarships to help kids go further in life , well that may be the only way some may ever dream of college in this area.
Mary Jane

Punxsutawney, PA

#13 Nov 3, 2014
If the kids weren't high in drugs then they wouldn't be hungry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pantall Hotel to be on display at open house Apr 19 Groundhog Guss 5
New places in punxsy (Jan '14) Apr 5 Bincat 24
Post Office Mar '17 Bincat 3
Looking for wheelchair cheap Mar '17 Help 1
Punxsy Tennis court problem! Mar '17 username 1
Looking for info. Feb '17 Tracker 3
Is Punxsy really that bad with drugs? (May '13) Jan '17 ShadowMan 54

Punxsutawney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance