Smicksburg Amish woman killed in crash

Smicksburg Amish woman killed in crash

There are 6 comments on the Leader-Times story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Smicksburg Amish woman killed in crash. In it, Leader-Times reports that:

A 19-year-old Amish woman died Tuesday evening after she was struck by a vehicle on Route 954 in Indiana County, but state police in Punxsutawney do not anticipate filing charges against the driver, Indiana ... via Leader-Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Leader-Times.

The Evil Conservative

Oil City, PA

#1 Sep 14, 2007
If the dumb ass wasnt wearing all black and had gotten away from the brain washing she would still be alive. If she had a parent with a brain she wouldnt have been walking where she was walking: on a dark rural highway. Now this poor young driver has to live with the higher insurance casts for 7 years. Whatta crying shame. We in Amish country hate the Amish. They are a complete and total problem on our highways. They need to register and insure their buggies, as we do with cars as they cause practically every accident they are involved in ! I realize this inbread was walking when she got spattered but one less tax evader in my book.
suzi

AOL

#2 Sep 16, 2007
The Evil Conservative wrote:
If the dumb ass wasnt wearing all black and had gotten away from the brain washing she would still be alive. If she had a parent with a brain she wouldnt have been walking where she was walking: on a dark rural highway. Now this poor young driver has to live with the higher insurance casts for 7 years. Whatta crying shame. We in Amish country hate the Amish. They are a complete and total problem on our highways. They need to register and insure their buggies, as we do with cars as they cause practically every accident they are involved in ! I realize this inbread was walking when she got spattered but one less tax evader in my book.
You are disgusting! Not all people from Punxsy hate the Amish. Just small minded idiots like you! Have you no heart? This sweet girl was about to get married and have a wonderful life with the man she loved. How can anyone say such evil things? You must be a very miserable person to say the things you do. I feel sorry for you.
rreality hurts

Colombia

#3 Jan 7, 2008
well, he was very rude with his comment, but yeah, that Amish ppl is really dumb
smicks

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2008
I agree with suzi. You have no heart from reynoldsville. There are a lot of caring people from reynoldsville that like amish. I know personally!!!!!!!!!! I am now from a big amish town. That stupid kid would have a much bigger problem if they (the amish) didnt forgive. He should be thankful for that. The amish go past my house all day and night. They are the very most caring and loving people you could ever meet in this greety and unforgiving world. Put yourself in there shoes for once, you know not even in their shoes, what would happen if that was your daughter just walking up the freakin road to a freinds house and some drunk idiot mistakinly didnt see her. Just be thankful nothing ever happens to your family like that!!! Love from Smicksburg!
woodrow kirkwood

Chardon, OH

#5 Feb 27, 2008
Accidents do happen, I was not there, so I cannot comment on the tragedy, However I did know the young lady and her family and I think it terriable that any one would make such statements of such a nice person.
Woodie
libra lpn

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 May 11, 2008
Obviously the EVIL CONSERVATIVE thinks that all Amish are stupid and don't deserve to live with ENGLISH. They are PA DUTCH and their ancestors came here from other parts of the world just like everyone else. They live a simple life and pay taxes that are used for everyone. They have to support their Amish schools and they also pay school taxes for the district that they live in. They shouldn't have to but they do. They are the most forgiving people that I have ever met. TOO bad ENGLISH are not that way most of them hold a grudge over little crap things that happened when they were younger and it makes them bitter, unhappy people. MAYBE EVIL CONSERVATIVE is one of them. I honestly hope that GOD can forgive you for all that you think and say about others, I know the Amish will forgive--if you have ever read the newspapers when those Amish children were killed at NICKEL MINES then you know what I am talking about. The Amish were hurting but even cared about the wife of the killer to help her in her time of need. I hope nothing like this ever happens to you or yours--WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. That's all folks!!!(I also work in an Amish home doing my nursing.) Love from Summerville!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punxsutawney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Places to Work in 2018 11 hr Phal 1
How do you think President Trump is doing? (Jun '17) Apr 10 Bincat 23
Revive the town? Apr 10 Bincat 3
News Under new direction, Fait Funeral Home cuts ribbon Apr 5 Maegot 1
Big Business Mar 21 House fly 4
Groundhogs Day Mar '18 larry 2
hiway 36 closed today? Mar '18 guss 1

Punxsutawney Jobs

Personal Finance

Punxsutawney Mortgages