United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Were phenominal this year!!
This was my 3rd year watching them and the grand finale this year was by far, the most spectacular.

Great job!
port charlotte mom

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

I cannot believe how disappointing the 4th of july fireworks were this year. 10 minutes total. The crowd couldnt believe it was over so soon.$25,000 burned up in 10 min? What happened here? The look on my sons face was devestating.
port charlotte mom

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

oooh ahhhh wrote:
Were phenominal this year!!
This was my 3rd year watching them and the grand finale this year was by far, the most spectacular.
Great job!
Really? I mean REALLY?
Time Bandit

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

port charlotte mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I mean REALLY?
You do know that the post you responded to is
"FROM LAST YEARS 4TH OF JULY!!!! NOT THIS YEARS!!!!!
Soho

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

Talk about clueless. If it was found that the city had put 10 cents into this display, you can bet you rear that the PG loud mouth, know nothing teabaggers would have went nuts.

PC Mom, just sit in your private little deed restricted home, shut out from the real world and keep your third grade educated mouth shut.
Let the real people of the county keep it running even with your stupid input.
port charlotte mom

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

Oops, I did not realize that I replied to a 2010 post! But that aside, I do not nor will I ever live in a deed restricted area! I like my freedom. I have a B.S. in Biology and own my own business. I was not wrong in stating my disappointment in the show. I read today about the malfunction which caused the show to end so abruptly. I feel a bit better knowing that it was a mistake and not how it was originally planned. I know that the producers feel badly and that are going to try to make it up to everybody next year. For me, its all about the kids.Soho, you don't have to be so judgemental. There really was something wrong and The Sun explained it. Get rid of the anger and have a heart.
Soho

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

For me, its all about the kids.Soho, you don't have to be so judgemental. There really was something wrong and The Sun explained it. Get rid of the anger and have a heart.
I see, but there was nothing judgemental or angery with this screaming reply you made.

port charlotte mom-------"Really? I mean REALLY?"

Oh, and please stop using the tired phonie rhetoric "it's all for the children" shtick.

Lately all I hear from people why they want this done, or this law made or charged is for the "children".
When in reality it is for theirselves they want it done. So as to not appear to be selfish or self interested they throw up the old "it's for the children" shield.

To quote PCM: "Really? I mean REALLY?"

Since: Sep 10

united states

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

What were the malfunctions?
Glad to hear it was something because that was insanely pitiful.
Hundreds of people making the trek to see them and then they lasted ten minutes!!
Port Charlotte Mom

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

whistling dixie wrote:
What were the malfunctions?
Glad to hear it was something because that was insanely pitiful.
Hundreds of people making the trek to see them and then they lasted ten minutes!!
What was reported was that something caused almost all of the fireworks to go up at once. That was the part that caused all of that smoke. They decided that even though they had some left, they would just end the show then as to avoid confusion. They thought sending up just a few more and no grand finale would make the crowd think more was to come, or something like that. It was so hard getting out of there. My family wont be there next year even if all should go as planned. It took us so long just to get on our way.

Since: Sep 10

united states

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Interesting, thanks for explaining the background on that. Yes, it would have been confusing to follow that "accidental" finale with a few fireworks.

We got in and out very quickly via 75-to 17 to Ice House area.
Poop Deck Pappy

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Port Charlotte Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My family wont be there next year even if all should go as planned. It took us so long just to get on our way.
Having you stay on the north side of the bridge should improve the exiting traffic flow out of town by 100%.

Then again you told another poster that your trip to the dispaly was for "the children" not you.
Gee's! Get your stories straight.
Harrys Girl

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Poop Deck Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Having you stay on the north side of the bridge should improve the exiting traffic flow out of town by 100%.
Then again you told another poster that your trip to the dispaly was for "the children" not you.
Gee's! Get your stories straight.
Please do not tell people to stay away from the downtown area, we need as many people as we can get to come here, spend a littly money, and have fun. Everyone is always welcome and encouraged to come out.
Gwen

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

For me, its all about the kids.Soho, you don't have to be so judgemental.
The 'kids' really need a 1 million dollar fireworks display?
REEEALLLY??? oh REEAALLLY????
Poop Deck Pappy

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Harrys Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not tell people to stay away from the downtown area, we need as many people as we can get to come here, spend a littly money, and have fun. Everyone is always welcome and encouraged to come out.
I was telling one out of town PT whiner to stay on the north side of the bridge.
She can watch the works from her city if she is that displeased with the traffic here.
As for spending a little money, you are right about that. All visiters can do is spend a little downtown. The over priced trendy, mom and pop stores rule the downtown area.

We need a few more over priced eateries, such as another non-Irish, Irish Pub.
A seafood restaurant that is on the fishing docks and buys it's seafood frozen from overseas farms.
Yet there are local fishermen who have docks a few feet from the restaurant who sell their catch. They are never given a second look by the restaurant. Go figure that one!!

That is why the only traffic we see going through town are those heading to, or coming from Jones Loop to shop and eat.

Oh wait! There is one fastfood diner downtown. A Subway, at the brand new white elephant on 41. A Subway who's prices are 20% higher then any other Subway in the county.

Downtownies can careless about the average Joe's money HG. They want nothing more then the cash that comes from Punta Gorda Isles, and the rest of the bottomless pocketed ones of Aqui Esta.

Thank you and boat safe people.
Katie

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

VERY nicely said! I couldn't agree more.
TNT

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Display was GREAT this year, BUT Punta Gorda needs to find way to accommodate for the heavy traffic flow a little better. Everyone had no choice than to exit y going over the bridge into Port Charlotte, then doing a U-Turn to come back into PG gain. The traffic on the bridge was at a dead stop and it took 45 minute to come across 1 bridge and then back into town on the other.
All of the drivers were very rude and inpatient too and wouldn't let cars merge, even though it clearly went down to 1 lane, with no cops to help direct traffic. All of the police were busy blocking off side streets so no one could take the easy way back home.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Punta Gorda Discussions

Search the Punta Gorda Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Narcotics unit nets multiple arrests (Mar '10) 5 hr derek 5
RN salary 6 hr Wondering 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 10 hr number 23 2,915
Residents blame gate for string of N. Fort Myer... Jul 11 LEO 477 2
Review: A Purrfect Mattress Jul 11 Matt 3
Review: Patten's Coast To Coast Property Home I... Jul 11 JCC 1
On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Jul 8 gerard 83
•••
•••
•••
•••

Punta Gorda Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••